Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Unwanted First for Charlton ?

An Addicks fan is the first person in Britain to be banned from football matches for taking cocaine. The ban is for three years.
To preserve his privacy, although the details have been published, I won't name the individual nor where he was nicked

Comments

• Options
    Lincs this was posted on here yesterday & has its own thread…& it names him & the ground where it happened…👍
  • Options
    Lincs this was posted on here yesterday & has its own thread…& it names him & the ground where it happened…👍
    OK thanks .. perhaps this thread needs demolishing
  • Options
    OK thanks .. perhaps this thread needs demolishing
    Here you go mate...I'll get the thread removed in a few minutes with these beauties ...

Questions to the forum

Was brexit a good thing?

Israel Palestine....who is right?

Gammon v woke who is your money on?

Taking the knee.. what's your view?

Vegans and cyclists...let's discuss 

Rangers Celtic ...your thoughts?

Boris ...hero or clown

Immigration

Favourite cheese (no threats of violence please)

Leave the Valley for the Dome

What about the 'Leave The Valley for Mars' one ?
  • Options
    agree, bloody harsh
  • Options
    Well done for not naming Lincs. It’s not my bag (literally), but none of us are perfect and like it or not, recreational drugs are widespread in society. 

I’m not excusing or defending it any way, but such public shaming / humiliation for him and his family for such a minor offence seems unfair to me. 

He’s a lifelong fan who has clocked up many miles following us over decades. Hope he doesn’t suffer too badly as a result. 
    Amen to all that AFKA
  • Options
    Point me to what thread please as I’ll remove any personal references 
  • Options
    Vintage Cheddar. Violently strong.
  • Options
    Well done for not naming Lincs. It’s not my bag (literally), but none of us are perfect and like it or not, recreational drugs are widespread in society. 

I’m not excusing or defending it any way, but such public shaming / humiliation for him and his family for such a minor offence seems unfair to me. 

He’s a lifelong fan who has clocked up many miles following us over decades. Hope he doesn’t suffer too badly as a result. 
    And on top of that, he's a genuinely nice guy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Massive achievement for the authorities, catching 1 of the likely 100+ doing it at the same game and humiliating him nationally, pat on the back. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022

And on top of that, he's a genuinely nice guy. 
    You would say that (joke)
    Appalling the way his name/address has been thrown around, whereas far more heinous crimes are unheard of.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Is gambling a form of drug?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Poor sod he will our back to back promotions and the first year back in the elite. 
    Good to see the police getting their crime  figures up. Now they have mastered the easy nicks they can move on to the massive ones they probably won’t understand. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Is gambling a form of drug?
    I'll have a bullseye with you that it is mate
  • Options
    Is it because he is known to quite a few on here that there is this indignation about his ban? Would it be the same if it was a random 18 year old Herbert? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is it because he is known to quite a few on here that there is this indignation about his ban? Would it be the same if it was a random 18 year old Herbert? 
    Would be for me. Can't see why naming the person is in the public interest myself?

Would like to know if people are named when they get caught in a pub or club doing the same? Usually just a ban from the establishment for a time, until it's forgotten about and let in again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Probably, but it does seem to me a little excessive. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Well I’m not friends with him and have never spoke to him other than when he dropped a pie down me when celebrating sitting next to me at Crewe when Danny Mills scored. So my view would be the same 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Possession of class A is up.to 7 years in prison. Supply is 10 years (I think). It's the football context that has put the spotlight on this as it's a new banning order provison I believe and here used for the first time. 3 years is the minimum term for a football banning order.

The upturn in misbehaviour post lockdown has brought this and other sanctions in to effect, mostly from this season (including throwing pyro and pitch invasions).

Presumably certain aggrevations and mitigations would have been taken in to account prior to sentencing and the banning order considered most appropriate.  Hopefully there'll also be support available if needed via probation during that time. Any breach of the order could mean 6 months in prison and presumably that means non-league grounds (EDIT: down to National League/ 'conference' only) are now also off limits.

• Options
    Possession of class A is up.to 7 years in prison. Supply is 10 years (I think). It's the football context that has put the spotlight on this as it's a new banning order provison I believe and here used for the first time. 3 years is the minimum term for a football banning order.

The upturn in misbehaviour post lockdown has brought this and other sanctions in to effect, mostly from this season (including throwing pyro and pitch invasions).

Presumably certain aggrevations and mitigations would have been taken in to account prior to sentencing and the banning order considered most appropriate.  Hopefully there'll also be support available if needed via probation during that time. Any breach of the order could mean 6 months in prison and presumably that means non-league grounds are now also off limits.

Which is where we will be playing when he still has half his ban. 
  • Options
    At least he doesn't have to watch us. Taking cocaine to make the football bearable seems a bit excessive.
  • Options
    Totally against drugs - recreational use or otherwise- however this does appear to be a sledgehammer cracking  a walnut. Do you think the chap involved will stop taking cocaine? 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

He most definitely should not be named and shamed - he was caught and has paid a price and that should be that.

But - any discussions about de-criminalising drugs aside, the supply and use of cocaine (a Class A substance) regardless of how widespread it may be should not be trivialised as simply using a 'recreational drug' and a 'minor offence'. I've seen too many lives destroyed by drugs, especially cocaine.
    Not to start a massive conversation and have this thread veer wildly off course, but surely the same must be applied to alcohol then? I would imagine far more people's lives are destroyed by alcohol abuse than drug abuse. Easier to fuck your life up with the bottle than with anything else
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Totally against drugs - recreational use or otherwise- however this does appear to be a sledgehammer cracking  a walnut. Do you think the chap involved will stop taking cocaine? 
    This is exactly where I am with this.  It one of those situations where the police/authorities collar one person and then give it maximum publicity as a warning to others.  However, the cubicles will be just as busy at football stadiums this Saturday. 
    Meanwhile a chap who has done what very much a lot of the country were doing Saturday night has been completely publicly outed.  
    What is more amazing alongside this, it is ok for some MPs to admit to having a cheeky one.

• Options
    I’m no Angel and in the past took some chemical enhancements on a Saturday night at a club, to lower the inhibitions and dance like no one’s looking, and chat up the ladies. However, I do wonder why a grown man feels the need to get high on a Saturday afternoon at the footie.

Although, I have to say iv seen young guys in their 20,s taking coke in the pub toilets in a shitty builder pub at 5 o’clock on a Monday afternoon. So, maybe the Saturday night slot has eroded over the years.

Agree though, that why should where the offence was committed lead to additional punishment over and above the regular sentencing.