Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Need a whole new back 4 to avoid relegation 
  • Options
    It's not like we need to rip the whole thing up and start again... if we can keep hold of Leaburn, Dobson, Rak Sakyi and Sessegnon, we'll only need to sign about 14 players to avoid relegation!
  • Options
    I’d keep Leaburn Dobson Fraser maybe CBT and JFC the rest can go 
  • Options
    No pressure Mr Scott! 31 days to save us from visiting Wrexham next season.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Wollacott, Egbo, O’Connell, Dobson are probably the only senior players worth trying to hang on to.

Leaburn, Maynard-Brewer, Ness, Chin, Campbell, Kanu, Henr etc. haven’t done anything done anything wrong and shouldn’t be judged on this sh*tshow.

There are a dozen or more others that I don’t really care if they never show up in a CAFC shirt again… Clare, Inniss, Lavelle, Thomas, Morgan, Fraser, Payne, Stockley… Kirk, CBT, DJ probably have some resale value and I’m not desperate to have them here for the required rebuild either.
  • Options
    We need to end January with the following assuming Egbo remains absent and Sessegnon still can't play regularly and we lose no one.

This is the bare minimum.

JW
    RB, CB, CB, LB
    RS - GD - SF- CBT
    CF - ML

(Either AMB or CM), RB, O'Connell, Sessegnon, CM, Campbell, CF

8 players FFS. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We need to end January with the following assuming Egbo remains absent and Sessegnon still can't play regularly and we lose no one.

JW
    RB, CB, CB, LB
    RS - GD - SF- CBT
    CF - ML

8 players FFS. 
    I agree apart from Sess on the bench. Think he'd be very good at this level in his natural position (RB)
  • Options
    Then we can remove a RB and add another LB.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

JW
    RB, CB, CB, LB
    RS - GD - SF- CBT
    CF - ML

8 players FFS. 
    Just playing that midfield would be a good start.

Holden’s team selection has been very questionable so far.
  • Options
    The only players worth keeping are the two keepers JW ( injured ) AMB
    Defence . Egbo ( injured ) O’Connell ( injured ) Sessegnon.
    Midfield : Dobson, Frazer
    Forwards : CBT , Leaburn 

15 new arrivals should do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time to fire up the black box!
  • Options
    Forgot Egbo ruptured his quad, doubt we'll see him again this season in any meaningful way 
  • Options
    https://t.co/63eeyHaBrl
    Interested in Isthmithian Prem Midfielder Tryece Owen according to Football Insider
    I guess in anticipation of us dropping down to that level
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    https://t.co/63eeyHaBrl
    Interested in Isthmithian Prem Midfielder Tryece Owen according to Football Insider
    I guess in anticipation of us dropping down to that level
    6 ft 6, passes the height test with ease. Sign him up!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Keep:

Leaburn, Dobson, Egbo (if injury free) & CBT. 

Rak Sakyi and Sessegnon (loans) 

I’d almost keep:

Fraser, if he wouldn’t keep falling over. He’s a bit weak. 
    Payne for his work rate. 
    AMB as backup.
    I think that’s it. 
  • Options
    further up the page I typed that I didn't expect any major incomings this winter .. working on the idea that we will not get the required quality in the needed positions and that more than players we need a good manager who is able to get who we have got playing to the best of their collective abilities ..

talk of bringing in 5 or 6 and having them playing together in a coherent way from the day of their arrival is not on i m o .. to sum up, I'd rather a good manager/coach who is respected and capable rather than a collection of loans/bargains who probably won't bring much if any improvement
  • Options
    is an inexperienced central defender what we really need to get us back on track ?
  • Options
    is an inexperienced central defender what we really need to get us back on track ?
    Link says he's a Midfielder with 10-goals?
  • Options
    non-league sensation” - sums us up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Link says he's a Midfielder with 10-goals?
    here he's described as a central defender/central midfielder .. Tyrese Owen - Haringey Borough FC 2021 - YouTube .. perhaps 'converted' by Kingstonian ?
  • Options
    Without trying to sound over positive Aribo made the jump from non League to League 1 very quickly and easily.
  • Options
    Steven Caulker is available after 5 years in Turkey.
  • Options
    It's quite right we target the best non league players, that's something which all clubs at our level should be doing.

The problem with this player is that he's overage, so he'd count towards our squad number if we registered him, when I imagine we would see him as one for the future.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    iaitch said:
    BigDiddy said:
    “ non-league sensation” - sums us up
    Yet if Sheffield Weds or Bradford signed him we would be moaning about not picking up these types of players.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
    We’d be negligent if he wasn’t on our radar but this January needs to be a very different beast to what we’ve seen in recent transfer windows. We need good quality players all over the pitch. If we end up signing more frees and league two players I think that’s about it for our future. If there’s scope to sign someone as a punt all well and good but at this moment id rather see every penny put towards saving our arses from a very possible relegation.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    BigDiddy said:
    “ non-league sensation” - sums us up
    Yet if Sheffield Weds or Bradford signed him we would be moaning about not picking up these types of players.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
    Most clubs are not a basket case like us.

We need a balanced squad where you can take a punt on a few NL players, rather than that being our main strategy.
  • Options
    So if this takeover is apparently done but 'without EFL approval', does that mean we're in for another transfer embargo? 
  • Options
    So if this takeover is apparently done but 'without EFL approval', does that mean we're in for another transfer embargo? 
    I would expect the EFL to approve and it’s not done is it ? An exclusivity arrangement is not a done deal. Isn’t DD still ongoing or perhaps not started ?