Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Am I right in thinking we are at the stage when it’s now one in one out now for transfers. I.e having to move on the squad players before we can sign replacements?
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    We are looking at Owen Dale. Currently on loan at Portsmouth but hasn't suited their pump it long style. Could do well in Holden's 433.
    That would surely have to be a permanent? He’s one of Pompeys best players so can’t see them letting him come on loan to us. And if he’s available for a permanent they will probably want him themselves so I think that’s unlikely. Would be a brilliant signing though 
    He is on loan at Pompey from Blackpool.
    Yeah I know but Pompey aren’t going to end that and I can’t see Blackpool ending it to move him on loan again to a team in pretty much the exact same position. Unless it’s financial but then again Pompey will probably be able to match whatever we offer in terms of paying his wages. I can’t see him moving from there unless it’s a permanent and even then if he’s available Pompey might be first choice for him 
  • Options
    We are looking at Owen Dale. Currently on loan at Portsmouth but hasn't suited their pump it long style. Could do well in Holden's 433.
    Another Charlie Kirk for me..
  • Options
    Scored a great goal when we played them away
  • Options
    Dale has been a bit of a one year wonder so far but he is still young.  He seems to be best suited for the right side of a 433. Loan to add depth or is JRS being recalled?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JRS won’t be here next season. If a top player is available now we would be crazy not to look at it.

Let’s hope Andy Scott can offload Kirk or Stockley to generate the funds to make it happen.
  • Options
    Think winger is something to definitely consider if the right player becomes available. Holden clearly doesn't fancy DJ and Kirk so shifting those 2 out if we can and bringing in a replacement seems a good move. Not sure I trust CBT to stay consistently fit for the rest of the season too. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Think winger is something to definitely consider if the right player becomes available. Holden clearly doesn't fancy DJ and Kirk so shifting those 2 out if we can and bringing in a replacement seems a good move. Not sure I trust CBT to stay consistently fit for the rest of the season too. 
    Hasn't DJ been injured the whole time Holden has been here? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I remember it was mentioned he was injured , but whenever Holden has mentioned who's injured DJ has never been mentioned so I'm not entirely sure what the situation is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    He was on the bench against Man Utd
  • Options
    Owen Dale has scored more goals for us this season than Jaiyesimi! Pompey fans are saying the deadline to recall him has passed so I can’t see this happening but maybe one for the summer 
  • Options
    Palace would have to be utter bastards to recall JRS this late in the window.

Oh wait...
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Southbank said:

Oh wait...

JRS is nowhere near the 1st team of Palace this season.
    If they recalled him it would be to loan him to a Championship side.
    As JRS is playing regular and making some progress again we trust Palace won't do a Chelsea when an injury racked Cafc team couldn't help Gallagher's progress. 

Steve Parish and Mark Bright should see that JRS staying at Cafc where he is playing every game is fine until May.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    "There's only two Charlie Kirks!"
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Oh wait...
    Most loan deals have a cut off date for a recall. It’s usually halfway through January so I think we should be fine now 
  • Options
    You just know that we don't have any such clause in JRS loan agreement.
  • Options
    Cameron Bothwick Jackson is being released by Burton. I have always rated him since his Scunthorpe loan a few years ago. Although primarily a left back he can also play as a left footed central defender.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Shudders
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Oh wait...

JRS is nowhere near the 1st team of Palace this season.
    If they recalled him it would be to loan him to a Championship side.
    As JRS is playing regular and making some progress again we trust Palace won't do a Chelsea when an injury racked Cafc team couldn't help Gallagher's progress. 

Steve Parish and Mark Bright should see that JRS staying at Cafc where he is playing every game is fine until May.
    I believe Chelsea recalled him as we had not been paying them the agreed fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bolton are signing Burton striker who gave our defence the toughest test this season .. scored 11 goals this season 
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see if Kenny Jackett will be at the Valley at the weekend, now does work for the Gills apparently, wonder if the Stockley rumour is done, or whether theres any mileage in it?
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see if Kenny Jackett will be at the Valley at the weekend, now does work for the Gills apparently, wonder if the Stockley rumour is done, or whether theres any mileage in it?
    Think they have already signed a couple of forwards, so it may have run out of road. 
  • Options
    If he does, hopefully he has a good view of the bench.. ;)
  • Options
    Are they exclusively using former Millwall managers now  :D
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Redhenry said:
    If we haven't signed a LB in time for tomorrow, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the window IMHO
    skintgaard's gonna be double fuming with posh now
    he's had to blow those few quid on Penney a week earlier than needed
    and an extra week's wages the deluded peacock didn't want to find
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    find another two or three and you've almost got a player
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Redhenry said:
    If we haven't signed a LB in time for tomorrow, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the window IMHO
    skintgaard's gonna be double fuming with posh now
    he's had to blow those few quid on Penney a week earlier than needed
    and an extra week's wages the deluded peacock didn't want to find
    Why is Keith paying Penneys wages? 😀
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Good player, thought he stood out more than Kirk when we played against Crewe.
    Faint praise indeed comparing him to Kirk 😉. Seems to have done ok at a lower level from his career stats and Blackpool were prepared to take a punt on him. If Kirk and DJ are off, as a winger he’ll be needed in place of them.
    Well Kirk was highly rated when Crewe were in league 1 but Dale looked like he had a bit more about himself in the games against us, i personally think he'd be good but i also thought DJ would be as well.
    I can’t recall seeing either of them play but they were both rated by lots on here however sometimes moves just don’t work out and Kirk’s certainly hasn’t or DJ’s come to that. If we sign Dale and do a swap with Blackpool for Kirk as @mart77 suggested that could suit all parties 🤞.
    I rated Owen Dale after Crewe played us a couple of season ago but not so much after a very poor performance against us for Pompey