Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Short man syndrome

Has anyone noticed, perhaps in a workplace, that short men tend to be randomly unnecessarily aggressive and always a little bit on the edge? It kind of comes out of nowhere. I remember one of them randomly just shouting. 

It's kind of like they feel a desperate need to give off the impression that they are hard.

Apparently it is actually an evolutionary trait.

Lionel messi is a chilled secure short bloke. They should all be looking up to him (assuming they are a bit shorter than messi) 

There's nothing wrong with being short. Just watch lord of the rings, the hobbit, have a beer and don't support Charlton. 

Comments

• Options
    What a weird thread. (5ft 9" before you ask, that is officially above the global average of 5ft 7.5")
  • Options
    One thing we can't accuse Ryan Inniss of this evening 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What a weird thread. (5ft 9" before you ask, that is officially above the global average of 5ft 7.5")
    supporting the Addicks is sending some of us right round the double bend .. any distraction will do
  • Options
    I take comfort from being a strapping 6 footer and for having more than the average number of limbs for a human 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Has anyone noticed, perhaps in a workplace, that short men tend to be randomly unnecessarily aggressive and always a little bit on the edge? It kind of comes out of nowhere. I remember one of them randomly just shouting. 

It's kind of like they feel a desperate need to give off the impression that they are hard.

Lionel messi is a chilled secure short bloke. They should all be looking up to him (assuming they are a bit shorter than messi) 

There's nothing wrong with being short. Just watch lord of the rings, the hobbit, have a beer and don't support Charlton. 
    You should try going out for a beer with Elfs.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I'm 6'4" so probably get small man syndrome from most people :D

One boss can get right stroppy when I don't have a Preview written up etc. so always presumed its something like that 
    What’s the weather like up there lurch?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Dave2l said:

You should try going out for a beer with Elfs.
    Love you lots.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

As long as you weren't wearing high heels 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    R0TW said:
    I'm 6'4" so probably get small man syndrome from most people :D

One boss can get right stroppy when I don't have a Preview written up etc. so always presumed its something like that 
    What’s the weather like up their lurch?
    Bit of snow, but otherwise all good - Just annoying having all the short people sniffing my arse
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I take comfort from being a strapping 6 footer and for having more than the average number of limbs for a human 
    Did you swap a lung for an arm on a drunken night out?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I wonder if other clubs’ forums have such weird topics/posters or it’s just us.

You are a bit weird to be honest mate 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I wonder if other clubs’ forums have such weird topics/posters or it’s just us.
    Nah I think its just us... 

The poor boy in the black top, short and supports 'them' .  He has no chance in life.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

It's usually known as Napoleon syndrome after Napoleon Bonaparte.
  • Options
    Warwick Davis seems like a nice guy
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

He is a nice guy yeh but he's not short, he's a midget.

This particular discussion is a bit unusual but it's down to short people I've recently met in a working environment and they have anger issues.

I put short 2 and 2 together and got 4foot 12

If you Google short man syndrome, you will find out that it is actually a genuine psychological difficulty.

There is nothing wrong with being short. 

It's just the short person may believe there is something wrong and they can often express it.

I don't think short man syndrome is a problem for every shortish individual. 

It's just every now and again you may meet an angry short Scott parker
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    SamB09 said:

He is a nice guy yeh but he's not short, he's a midget.

This particular discussion is a bit unusual but it's down to short people I've recently met in a working environment and they have anger issues.

I put short 2 and 2 together and got 4foot 12

If you Google short man syndrome, you will find out that it is actually a genuine psychological difficulty.

There is nothing wrong with being short. 

It's just the short person may believe there is something wrong and they can often express it.

I don't think short man syndrome is a problem for every shortish individual. 

It's just every now and again you may meet an angry short Scott parker
    It’s no wonder short people get angry if you call them midgets.  That’s seen a derogatory word 
  • Options
    Someone’s getting titchy 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell em too grow up
  • Options
    In his prime, Chris Solly was better than John Terry

(That's my way of saying I'm sorry)
  • Options
    In a previous role (nearly 40 years ago so really previous!) the CEO was about 5'. His office desk was huge with a boardroom table coming off it at 90 degrees - and somewhat lower. All the chairs were low and his big chair was high - and when you looked under the table you could see his feet dangling about 2 feet off the ground. He was a horrible little shit!

Still, it was the workplace (Pearce Signs in New Cross) where I met my missus, so not all bad.

P.S. I hasten to add that I'm 5'10" so totally agree with Blackpool!
  • Options
    It's about time the mods on here banned everyone under 5 foot 8.

That's a bit sexist!
    (Average height for UK women is 164.3cm, or 5' 4.7")
  • Options
    I try and borrow money off them.
    But they're always a bit short.

Or in a rut.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give a big round of applause for Warwick Davis……not the smallest man in the world…….but fucking close.
  • Options
    I was expecting this thread to be about Jack Payne  :D