Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Biggest Charlton Cup win

13»

Comments

• Options
    The journeyman Bryan Hughes slotting home the winning penalty against Chelsea . Can it get any bigger ?
  • Options
    Not a win but the away draw at Spurs - 3rd round of the FA cup in ( I think ) 85 was something special. 
  • Options
    So no one went to the Palace away game 3rd replay. Just under 40,000 attendance.

It appeared half the crowd came from Charlton and we knew if we beat them which we did 2-0  Arsenal awaited the winner.

• Options
    For me it's Coventry away. All those balloons on the pitch. 2-0 down inside 20 minutes and come back to win 3-2. Added fun was that my Coventry mate and his family were at the home end and we were meeting up afterwards.
    Oddly, although we only drew I loved the Bristol City  away game that led to the quarter final tie against Man Utd. That equaliser was met with pandemonium in the away end.
  • Options
    For me it's Coventry away. All those balloons on the pitch. 2-0 down inside 20 minutes and come back to win 3-2. Added fun was that my Coventry mate and his family were at the home end and we were meeting up afterwards.
    Oddly, although we only drew I loved the Bristol City  away game that led to the quarter final tie against Man Utd. That equaliser was met with pandemonium in the away end.
    Coventry away was fantastic. Looked dead and buried but will never forget Andy Hunt’s late winner. He was a great player. Could score with either feet ( the winner was his weaker right foot ) and his head.
  • Options
    So no one went to the Palace away game 3rd replay. Just under 40,000 attendance.

It appeared half the crowd came from Charlton and we knew if we beat them which we did 2-0  Arsenal awaited the winner.

Is that where Ray Treacy got both goals?

That was a replay the Tuesday after we drew 0-0 at the Valley. 

I was at both games, went as a neutral camehome a Charlton fan and have been ever since.

Where do you get third replay from or have I missed the point?
  • Options
    There are very few massive cup wins for us because they tend to only happen for lower league clubs. If you are in the top flight or immediately below, a win isn’t a surprise.

However, now that we are an established lower league club, it’s great that we can look forward to adopting giant killer status. 

Wonderfully Rees-Moggian logic there...  :D