Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Xmas Thread 2022 - Best and Worst Presents

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    When I was around 11, 1977'ish, my grandparents bought me some Gola trainers. I was so pleased.

From memory, in those days if I saw something I liked, the approaching birthday or Christmas always brought me random things I liked when with my nan and grandad.

I consider myself spoilt from those days, I may have waited months but things arrived.  Nowadays people get things immediately.  

Times change of course.
  • Options
    My present today, nothing, other than being alive.

Merry Christmas to you all.
  • Options
    My missus bought me a kindle, I’ve not read a book or had the time to read a book for about 10 years 
  • Options
    My missus bought me a kindle, I’ve not read a book or had the time to read a book for about 10 years 
    Best or worst?
  • Options
    Best or worst?
    Leaning towards worst, can’t ever see myself using it 🤣
  • Options
    Best and only gift, a bottle of 12 year Caol Ila!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Thats a strange way to spell Coca Cola?, and its bound to be flat after 12 years.
  • Options
    Sensible. See how you like it and if so, you can get a new one 
  • Options

Proper Charlton.

Best present is tickets to see Mike Bubbins in March. 
    That's cool except that illustration for Thames Ironworks. That crossing of the arms thing is a recent trend. 
    I stand to be corrected but I think it unlikely.
    Only disappointing thing with the book is that there’s no Charlton. It doesn’t focus on specific clubs, more time periods with relevant clubs of the time
    thrown in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missus got me a telescope 😁 should be able to start taking decent pictures of planets and other things in the night sky.  
  • Options
    A few years back I was living in a third floor flat and my brother for Christmas bought me an outdoor plant. 

This year he's stepped up his game and bought me a book about dogs. I don't even have a dog. 
    Close, are you 😆
  • Options
    A few years back I was living in a third floor flat and my brother for Christmas bought me an outdoor plant. 

This year he's stepped up his game and bought me a book about dogs. I don't even have a dog. 
    Close, are you 😆
    the ridiculous callous thing is that my cat died last week. so yeah, we're well close. 
  • Options
    Best was probably a sculpture from the Edge range if anyone's heard of that. 
    Nothing bad really just the standard socks and Lynx sets! 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    not pooping the party at all .. yesterday after treatment I received from Nth Lincs NHS Trust a parcel containing strong steroids and anti-biotics  to tackle a long standing viral chest infection .. working already even after 23 hours .. best present for years .. right, back to normal  <3
    Wouldn't a laxative have helped with that?

All the best Lincs
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Certainly my worst present this year.
    Got it from a so-called mate also featuring in this photo.

(and no, I didn’t piss myself, it’s beer)
    Just need matching shorts now @Danepak  They’ll also help disguise when you piss yourself next time  too…!!!
  • Options
    Tickets for Cabaret with almost the best seats in the house, at a table adjacent to the "stage" ! Was told to keep my birthday free in advance ( as if we normally celebrate it !) SO chuffed as something we wanted to see but couldn't really stretch to the expense. 

Then our only other present was Theater Vouchers which we intend to use for the new Ain't too Proud show about my fave group, The Temptations. 

Thanks to our very special son & daughter....although it DOES help to drop hints when Xmas approaches. 
  • Options
    Couple more nice books for the collection 
    What’s that above, fishing boilies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couple more nice books for the collection 
    What’s that above, fishing boilies
    They are from a pair of nerf guns my sister brought the kids with instructions to shoot me at every opportunity, I’ll get my payback on her birthday with a charlton season ticket!
  • Options
    at my little ones school, they run a little shop for kids to buy their parents presents, £2.50 per present (small something with a bar of chocolate) - really nice idea actually. Give my youngest 2 a tenner to buy something each for me and mum.

Daughter buys me some santa socks which come with a small chocolate bar as well. Nice enough

Son looks well pleased with his purchase and is excited for me to open it on xmas morning.......it's a rubber duck !!!