Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good things that Thomas Sandgaard has done

OK, we all want him out the club and there are plenty of reasons behind that.

As it stands, the bad will always outweigh the good, and our current league position speaks for itself.

Staff morale is also at an all time low.

It was obviously a great turn out last week at the valley, and the players responded well. We've got a new manager who has a Phil parkinson aura about him and I personally do believe he might be OK!

Let's be honest, the club will always have potential buyers and investors. We don't really need to worry too much about that. I know it's better to have that 100% certainty, but I just can't see the club ever completely crumbling. It won't happen. 

1) sandgaard did at least stop the club from going to administration during a frustrating fearful period...even though he's not a multi multi millionaire. He basically shot himself in the foot with a shotgun and it enabled Charlton to keep enhaling oxygen and stay alive the 3rd division! So we can mostly just wait for someone else to buy us!

2) If he did have something to do with organising the useful Charlton TV show for fans who live abroad...then that's good

3) erm....(just thinking)

4) He at least has been to both home and away games 

5) He decided to help the Charlton women's team by giving them a useful amount of money 

Can someone add in more genuine positives that he has made. It doesn't need to get all argumentative...we all know he will likely be out on his way soonish.

It would be good to know that his ownership hasn't been a 100% complete waste of time, money and effort. 

There must be something. Oh yes, he didn't put a sofa in the corner! 

Comments

• Options
    Some medical improvements and the training ground. 
  • Options
    Decent beer.
  • Options
    Bought a new mower, and errr 🤷
  • Options
    Gave a job to a worthless bum who’d once kicked a ball in Enfield…
  • Options
    Bought piggies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Increased the Oak's takings after 2 matches by bringing along his banjo and his teeth for all the selfies him and his partner did with their loving supporters
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    OK, we all want him out the club and there are plenty of reasons behind that.

As it stands, the bad will always outweigh the good, and our current league position speaks for itself.

Staff morale is also at an all time low.

It was obviously a great turn out last week at the valley, and the players responded well. We've got a new manager who has a Phil parkinson aura about him and I personally do believe he might be OK!

Let's be honest, the club will always have potential buyers and investors. We don't really need to worry too much about that. I know it's better to have that 100% certainty, but I just can't see the club ever completely crumbling. It won't happen. 

1) sandgaard did at least stop the club from going to administration during a frustrating fearful period...even though he's not a multi multi millionaire. He basically shot himself in the foot with a shotgun and it enabled Charlton to keep enhaling oxygen and stay alive the 3rd division! So we can mostly just wait for someone else to buy us!

2) If he did have something to do with organising the useful Charlton TV show for fans who live abroad...then that's good

3) erm....(just thinking)

4) He at least has been to both home and away games 

5) He decided to help the Charlton women's team by giving them a useful amount of money 

Can someone add in more genuine positives that he has made. It doesn't need to get all argumentative...we all know he will likely be out on his way soonish.

It would be good to know that his ownership hasn't been a 100% complete waste of time, money and effort. 

There must be something. Oh yes, he didn't put a sofa in the corner! 
    Not now Martin. 

Feedback is important! And if I had to hack a daves charltonlife account for it then it at least shows we care!

We went to extreme lengths to not put a sofa in the corner and to...have the 4th highest players wage and transfer budget! (apparently)
  • Options
    Got the boiler installed and connected.
  • Options
    If now is to be his final hour, then he has made some serious mistakes, let some real Charlton people go and seems to be quite out of his depth (along with the rest of his family) but I honestly am not sure we have a club without him. 

So if he is to leave now, and hand us to  decent owners, before it gets toxic, he will leave with me more grateful than angry. I’d far rather an owner who has the right intentions but ultimately comes up short than one that comes in to tear the club apart like his predecessor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He told good porkies.

• Options
    Electronic advertising boards.... 
  • Options
    Electronic advertising boards.... 
    well that’s nothing new. Even the club I follow where I live have had it for 5years,and you get no smaller than them,

• Options
    Put the numbers back on the seats, which on most seats in the Upper West had peeled off.
  • Options
    On the playing side very little positives to report. 
    Finished 7th in his first season. 
    Finished 13th I'm his second season. 
    Relegation battle in his third season. 
  • Options
    On the playing side very little positives to report. 
    Finished 7th in his first season. 
    Finished 13th I'm his second season. 
    Relegation battle in his third season. 
    A very disappointing blog Mr Blackpool. I don’t know how many times your teachers have told you to read the question before answering. This really is just not good enough.
    0/10. 
    Please make an appointment to see the head of CL. 
  • Options
    Reduced the numbers in the ground making less people in the ground to get in the way , his biggest winner so far .
  • Options
    Very little indeed.

There was so many smaller things he could have done. Sorting the shop out. Give the valley a bit of a face lift. A decent ticketing system...there are many more and he chose to do none if very little.
    I'm really not sure what he was trying to achieve when he came,but there a big red flags that it was miniscule.
    All talk No strides