Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Thursday 29 December 2022 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    "Injury-wise there’s one or two that we’re looking at who can’t play three games in six days due to different reasons – previous injury records and all that sort of stuff. We have to take that information in and we have to use it wisely."

Inniss and ? 

Sessegnon might be one of them, as his durability is a bit suspect. He played full 90s against Brighton and Posh, so maybe Chin might play.
    I would think Chin will definitely play if both Innis and Sess are out. Then we’d need another CB maybe Thomas if fit enough or Mitchell with Eleware on the bench.
  • Options
    No win since Oct 22? 1 away win all season? Usual suspects cannot play 3 games in a week? Oxford who we never beat? What a season this is? 2-0 Oxford.
  • Options
    What's happened to Deji? Our hottest defensive prospect has been usurped by Mitchell and Ness. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    What's happened to Deji? Our hottest defensive prospect has been usurped by Mitchell and Ness. 
    He has looked out of his depth the few times he's turned out for the adult team tbf
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Oxford are another in the rapidly growing list of our League 1 bogey teams, so I’d be happy with a point. 

I’d like to see Blackett-Taylor given a run out in place of Jes Raj-Sakyi, but have no idea as to how he’s been training and his level of fitness. The other wide player who’s temporarily disappeared from view is Tyreece Campbell, who’s presumably picked up a knock.
    Apart from Pompey, and possibly Plymouth, are there any Division Three sides not on our bogey team list? We can't beat any of the buggers!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The new Gomez quickly became the new Barker.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    There in itself is another question what happened to Barker ? He didnt disgrace himself when he played ?
  • Options
    We never play well there . Crappy three sided ground and I think the strong winds tonight might affect the game .
    2-0 Defeat 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    There in itself is another question what happened to Barker ? He didnt disgrace himself when he played ?
    He’s on loan at the mighty Wealdstone for some strange reason 
  • Options
    No idea what team will be selected but I do know there will de goals. I've been told we are 4th top goal scorers in this division but also can't keep a clean sheet. With Oxford having the Hex over us (like all ex-manger sides) I can see only one outcome.

3-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play Stockley up top on his own.  He’ll run them ragged 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Really think this is gonna be the game that turns our season on it's head, we will win this one, and keep a clean sheet 0-2,...and yes I am sober and awake...🤞🍻
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I go to a quiz on a Sunday night in Kettering. In one of the rival teams "Up the Baggies" is an elderly gent who used to play for Oxford, Roy Clayton. He told me he had played against us when with them (up to 1972), but before my time though. He's actually Kettering Town's all time top goal scorer with 187 in all comps and was Big Ron's main forward for a while whilst he was the Poppies manager. Useless trivia over.
  • Options
    Been there loads of times and would have been there tonight had i not been working. Always lose 2-1 so going for the same.
  • Options
    3-1 to Oxford. We must be due a sending off and a few more injuries.

• Options
    Forgot we were playing. Charlton win based on nothing 
  • Options
    Can’t see us getting a win. Up the Addicks 
  • Options
    New manager and new captain, let’s get that much needed win COYR 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    When Stockley turns in a MOTM performance while Dobson is awful before being sent off, we'll realise it was the armband's fault.

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A shock 0-1 addicks victory  :)
  • Options
    Thursday night football 😕
    Disgraceful
    Bring back Top of The Pops🎉

• Options
    Not enthused by that side, though it will be interesting to see Stockley alongside Kanu as that might be a better combination than Stockley alongside Miles 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Called that defensive line up above ☝️ 

‘I would think Chin will definitely play if both Innis and Sess are out. Then we’d need another CB maybe Thomas if fit enough or Mitchell with Eleware on the bench’ 😎

• Options
    Fancied Inniss to get sent off tonight - sounds like he won't get the full 90 mins.
  • Options
    I'd forgotten all about Thomas tbh. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Now that, THAT, is a relegation XI. Prove me wrong... :/
  • Options
    And how many of that line up get in a promotion-challenging team? Form a queue behind Dobson. No queue? 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I assume this is why they said something about Dobson being captain, no need to make a big deal of it if Stockley was on the bench.