Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Thursday 29 December 2022 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    Almost like the players that we have available for selection are just shit

• Options
    Pearcey looks veeerrry uncomfortable 
  • Options
    Can’t Brownie dress it up nicely cos too many poor lickle Charlton fans have never liked hearing the truth about what a shitshow we have been for years and continually somehow manage to get worse .
    shit complete shit 
  • Options
    This lot would struggle in L2 - becoming a total embarrassment. The performance against Stockport was shocking and we continue to get worse.

To be this bad in L1 is some achievemen...
  • Options
    Steve Brown and Pearce right on the money.
  • Options
    That first goal is ridiculous. This team, and club are a fucking joke. Get rid of every single one of them from TS to Lavelle and everyone in between (bar Dobson). 
  • Options
    Any of us could have selected a stronger side.

Suspect this is a set up. 
    Come off it.
  • Options
    Deffo a relegation/relegation fight season and i only see Morecambe as the obvious team to go down. There’s no fight in this team and we have an absolute no mark as a manager. I don’t see the character to survive a relegation scrap. 

our squad is useless bar a couple of players. 
    Even Morecambe are winning tonight🤦‍♂️
    Yep just seen, as are Cheltenham and Burton. 

Tbh it’s hardly surprising if we get relegated. Out of all the good players we have most get injured. We signed a bunch of league 2 quality, have a fridge freezer up top and a manager who has no connection with the club, can’t imagine he is the bloke to turn things around. I reckon this will be the season. 

You look at that line up tonight, Kanu, Stockley, Ness, Chin, Lavelle, Payne, Henry, Thomas… they just aren’t league 1 players. I honestly think a team with that calibre of player wouldn’t even beat the top 6-8 sides in league 2. 

If we don’t have Fraser, Dobbo, Chuks, O’Connell starting as many games as possible together we’ve had it. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Lavelle mainly at fault for first goal, lets the cross go right past him.
    Clare just left Bodin to run free on goal, three on one, leaving Bodin free, all at fault..
  • Options
    Thomas and Chin on the left !

When Robinson saw that team he couldn't believe his luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Pearcey looks veeerrry uncomfortable 
    Probably thinking to himself that he retired too soon.
  • Options
    Pearce literally rebelling against Holden. Good
  • Options
    Pearce is trying to be diplomatic. He is clearly fucked off with this. Interesting that he is slating the formation.....perhaps the back room staff don't rate Holden either?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Clare is a pathetic right back. Ness and Lavelle are not good enough.  Thomas is not close to fitness.  Chin out of his depth. Payne is L2. Henry is a poor man's Morgan just lumping long balls in the rough direction of our strikers.  

Browny is twitching to pile in on this heap of crap and having to stop himself.  Must be difficult.
  • Options
    What are Pearce and Brownie saying if anyone can summarise please?
  • Options
    This isn't a "team". It's mindless individuals who can't pass, shoot, move into channels, defend etc etc. 
    It's shameful that they steal a living like this sometimes...they can do it, seen it against Ipswich and Plymouth but just seems like they turn up when they please. 
  • Options
    Be in no doubt unless we get 4 or 5 quality players on in January we are going down.

Think about it. We could easily be playing in the old division 4 for the first time in our history next year.
  • Options
    How's Clare getting on? Apparently, he's one of our best players.
  • Options
    Terrible shape,Chin and Clare fucking disgrace.

Weak, talentless team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another embarrassing performance. We seem to have gone back to knock it high and long to donkey ! Not saying we would have won this game but atleast Garner would have tried to play football. The players should question themselves after the lack of fight in that half
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We have to "rest" a number of players as they're not fit enough to play regular football. 
    This.

40 years ago teams played 60 odd games a season with just 1 substitute. Players only didnt play because they were injured or really out of form. 

It doesn't help a team gel & get used to a pattern of play if you keep "resting" players. Keep.a.settled.team. 
  • Options
    A risky lineup, to be kind, and if anything they've been worse than I expected.

Every time Oxford attack, they cut through us so easily. Every time we attack, we look slow and without ideas.
  • Options
    A lifer on the telebox?
  • Options
    Dreadful line up gives worst half performance of the year surprise surprise. I really fucking hate 5 at the back it’s just absolute shit.
    It worked against Brighton
  • Options
    What are Pearce and Brownie saying if anyone can summarise please?
    "We're shit."
  • Options
    Be in no doubt unless we get 4 or 5 quality players on in January we are going down.

Think about it. We could easily be playing in the old division 4 for the first time in our history next year.
    Treading water for too long in this shite league. Seven of the last eight years.

If there wasn’t serious peril involved with dropping down another level, I’d be tempted to say the club needs it.
  • Options
    Do you remember Darren Pratley? I loved him.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    He is shite
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!