Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone on here play/played darts ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I played in colda league for a few years. I ran and played for Woolwich, Plumstead in London super league I play for two teams at the moment the Greyhound pub on a Thursday night in the 1 & 5 board league and for Nolan’s in Vauxhall in the civil service dart leagues I also play in a few events around the wdf circuit each year like the england open and classic 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Also, used to play in a pub at lunchtimes on Moorgate, U had to go up some stairs to get to it. Think it had a tram on the sign
    The Podium ?
  • Options
    had many home pubs over the years including

The Mail Coach
    King's Stores
    The Podium
    Duke of Wellington
    Cauthen's
    City Darts - The Wembley of darts pubs

• Options
    Reminds me when my team played out of The Crown in Eltham.
    We had a player who worked near Elephant and Castle who often had very extended lunch breaks (as in he went to the pub and didn’t return to office). 
    Anyhow, one dart night he turned up to the crown having got a cab rather than train ‘because it was raining’.
    He was extremely pissed but we had to play him and he proceeded to have his best averages he ever had for us.
    He phoned me the next morning to apologise for not turning up to the match.
    Sounds very much like my Dad
  • Options
    Reminds me when my team played out of The Crown in Eltham.
    We had a player who worked near Elephant and Castle who often had very extended lunch breaks (as in he went to the pub and didn’t return to office). 
    Anyhow, one dart night he turned up to the crown having got a cab rather than train ‘because it was raining’.
    He was extremely pissed but we had to play him and he proceeded to have his best averages he ever had for us.
    He phoned me the next morning to apologise for not turning up to the match.
    Sounds very much like my Dad
    @PeakieRocket  you would be correct.

Just watched 2 of the ladies who play in our team reach the pairs quarter finals of the Dutch open.
    Lost 3-0 to Beau Greaves and Deta Hedman but absolutely chuffed for them.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    had many home pubs over the years including

The Mail Coach
    King's Stores
    The Podium
    Duke of Wellington
    Cauthen's
    City Darts - The Wembley of darts pubs

Cauthen's was also my home pub when i played in the LIODA leauge for Sedgwick. Everyone trying to claim the corner of the upstairs bar directly behind the thrower  :)

Decent grub if my memory serves me correctly.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Nicholas said:
    I currently play for a team in Harlow, its all social clubs there are 16 teams in total.

Played a couple of seasons in the IDL in London too 4-5 years ago
    Played in that league for a bit too, with BNYMellon. 
    What area did you work in, @MrOneLung ?  The back office was a customer of ours, both in London, then when they moved up to Manchester, and NY.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Nicholas said:
    I currently play for a team in Harlow, its all social clubs there are 16 teams in total.

Played a couple of seasons in the IDL in London too 4-5 years ago
    Played in that league for a bit too, with BNYMellon. 
    What area did you work in, @MrOneLung ?  The back office was a customer of ours, both in London, then when they moved up to Manchester, and NY.
    I temped there from 2007-2009 in Blackfriars office.

Cash and stock reconciliations in their EMEA divsion