Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne - now at Southend (p29)

1242526272830»

Comments

• Can always work on a Whelk stall if it doesn’t go well for him!
  • Would loved to have seen him and Taylor in the same team. Missed each other by a season either way? Would have been a memorable feast of goals as they fed off each other.
    Both played for us in the Championship and both played for Cambridge last year
  • Would loved to have seen him and Taylor in the same team. Missed each other by a season either way? Would have been a memorable feast of goals as they fed off each other.
    Didn't they both play in the Championship - 19/20 season  ?? 
  • Always been an awful footballer

The season Bonne had double figures in the Championship I remember Taylor doing an assist for Bonne but they hardly played in the same team. 
    After COVID Bonne looked unfit for the last 9 matches and Taylor went AWOL. 
  • Sponsored links:

• "Prolific striker"

My “second” club Southend and one I regularly go to watch - they’ve just lost their talisman Cardwell. This is definitely not a replacement.
  • Can always work on a Whelk stall if it doesn’t go well for him!
    He’d miss the paper bag with the whelks. 
    oh I could do with some whelks about now.
  • The saddest thing is despite the Opprobrium directed at Macaulay Bonne, he still manages to score against CAFC when playing for Gillingham and Orient. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • We will get Southend in the FA Cup first round.
  • "Prolific striker"

They spelled "pathetic" wrong.
  • Following Taylor’s footsteps,  leaving behind dissatisfied fans each time he moves.
  • ... How did he score 11 in 33 in the Championship with us that season?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we put the 'prolific striker' in the title? It would be a reminder of his quality up front!
  • PaddyP17 said:
    ... How did he score 11 in 33 in the Championship with us that season?!
    I’d say 10. His first against Leeds bounced off his arse by accident.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Are you sure that wasn't Josh Davison who scored his first goal against Leeds when laying down and we scored after the ball went in off his arse down the Jimmy Seed end in a 1-0 win when we were under the cosh for the whole game. 
  • edited September 10
    PaddyP17 said:

Are you sure that wasn't Josh Davison who scored his first goal against Leeds when laying down and we scored after the ball went in off his arse down the Jimmy Seed end in a 1-0 win when we were under the cosh for the whole game. 
    Definitely Bonne
    BBC Match Report:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49778241

The highlights:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEA-8IkoBs