Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Extraordinary Holden Interview

Very sorry if this has already been shared, but I just saw it and it actually moved me to tears. 

Comments

• Options
    Great piece
  • Options
    Blimey. 
  • Options
    Jesus wept... The thought of losing my boy is terrifying, so cant even begin to imagine how Dean felt in Lanzarote!!

Brilliant interview though, didnt realise he was a qualified referee

Cant think if he's been outspoken towards the officials in any of his games so far as our Manager?
  • Options
    Very honest interview with a very honest man.  Good luck Dean! COYA!
  • Options
    I read in another recent interview that the very next day after his daughter, the same was happening with his son and they were at the hospital again with him. Luckily he was ok. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, what can you say! His wife sounds equally amazing. They deserve the less than adequate ‘compensation’ of success. I hope his is with us but, if not, I wish DH the absolute best wherever he goes.
  • Options
    Very moving. 
  • Options
    I can't seem to read this.. anyone able to paste it on here?
  • Options
    This is what he got in touch with me about! He was interested in doing a documentary piece on it, and wanted to put me in touch with his wife. I said I was interested but never heard back, which was a shame because it felt like something worth sharing. 
  • Options
    Of course it’s on the pitch that really matters but he’s certainly got the coaching badges and seems very well grounded. Remarkable interview and judging by the comments about him on both DH threads I think he’s winning us over. Can I feel a 100% Support banner coming on. He’s got a six month contract and working under difficult circumstances. 100% Support from me.
  • Options
    Very moving. 
    It brings back the sad memories of our very own Jason Euwell in 2001.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holden and his family are an inspiration. 
  • Options
    Well I liked the fella and hope he does well in the short time they have given him but after reading that I hope he exceeds expectations and gets a longer contract, hopefully under a better owner.

Good luck Dean, in both the job and life in general 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    If ever a club needed to appoint a manager on a very long contract, ours is the club and Holden is the man.
  • Options
    There’s been a few articles along similar lines that have come out since Holden became our manager - good to see it perhaps getting a wider audience as Prague mentioned, as he really does seem like one of footballs good guys.

I like from day -1 he has looked to engage directly with the fan base, and he is clearly trying to make an effort with it - instead of using this a chance to pick up an easy 6 months wages before disappearing back into coaching. 

My hope is that he is backed enough in this window to increase our squad depth, and can continue to get a tune out of us. 

• Options
    Was very, very sceptical when he was appointed, so far got it totally wrong. likeable character and seems to know what he’s doing… long may it continue. If we are anywhere near playoffs in the latter stages of the season, give him a 3 year contract as he deserves it. 
  • Options
    We might have just found a diamond down a coal mine!