Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Extraordinary Holden Interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    Learned about his tragedy and that he's married to a TV presenter, after researching him when he signed. It didn't feel right to come back and share it on here at that time, as it felt a touch voyeuristic and, even though it was there in the public domain, I thought it would be better coming from the bloke himself in a purpose made Charton interview. 

Truly hope we keep up the form under him and it ain't ruined by what is or isn't going on in the boardroom

• Options
    Great article that. The guy has gone through the worst thing that could ever happen to a parent and has come out of the other side. Incredible respect for him.
  • Options
    Inspirational. A fine caring human being who deserves credit and success in his life. Like others I hope he finds it partly with us.
  • Options
    I really like him! Clearly hard working, and love for football. Wish him all the success and I really hope it works out for him here! 
  • Options
    Firstly I’d say what parents and what a couple most of the people I know that have lost a child have give up and split up. But these 2 must be strong and fighters with tough mental strength I can’t think of much worse than losing  your child. 
    In a way a football team is a family with ups and downs and disagreements between players that need sorting. 
    I didn’t know much about him either when he arrived but reading that I hope he is successful for him as well as us. 
  • Options
    A league 1 manager or lower league manager getting a major spread in the sports columns because of a human interest story does happen in the i newspaper from time to time but I was still surprised to see the interview yesterday.

Dean and Danielle have experienced the ultimate nightmare for any parents and how to survive despite the shocking fate that took the life of their young daughter so quickly. Having four children means you carry on while dealing with the grief in which ever way you can. We carry joy and sadness as our lives unfold.

I took to Dean Holden straight away before I knew the whole story of his 3 broken legs and 400+ career games as a player. He gives great credit to Dean Smith who when at Walsall helped Holden go from a player to a coach.

Like everyone on this thread I so want Dean to be a success at Cafc. He has the man management skills, the coaching skills, but will he be backed and not get caught up in the politics of football as we continue to struggle with the infrastructure of CAFC.  

He will also need luck and have his vital players fit for selection.
  • Options
    Jesus wept... The thought of losing my boy is terrifying, so cant even begin to imagine how Dean felt in Lanzarote!!

Brilliant interview though, didnt realise he was a qualified referee

Cant think if he's been outspoken towards the officials in any of his games so far as our Manager?

Anyone who has actually taken the time to read the laws of the game, let alone do the referee's course, would be infinitely less likely to criticise officials as they better understand how the laws apply and how difficult the job is. 
  • Options
    Very Impressive isn't he. I really hope he's successful with us. I love his working class beliefs, morals and attitude. I really thinks he 'gets' us, even though he's a manc. 
    And I greatly admire anyone who meditates, it's a life changing habit. 
  • Options
    Just read that after having words with our eldest daughter about something very silly. I shall hug her a little tighter when I pick her up. 

What a thing to go through, and what strong people to get through it. 

Football is a fickle business and I hope for charlton and dean it works out, but respect to him either way.

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really think we might have found the one to take us forward. Hoping he gets the support he needs from the owner/s. 
  • Options
    What a man and family. Total respect !