Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023 PSA testing fundraiser: @Tracey and Dean Holden's "Meal Squeal" Challenge

124»

Comments

• Options
    Two consecutive low green scores, so feel happy to skip next year's test. Happy I did it though, for peace of mind.
  • Options
    Tracey said:
    Thank you everyone for your thank you’s. 
    Apologies to anyone caught in a queue. It will be rectified for next years testing. 
    Just wanted to share with you the results from the testing day. 

Green result:- 396

Amber result:- 11

Red result:- 19

Thank you all again for your support in having the test and also for raising such a fantastic amount of money to ensure we can keep saving lives. 

Thanks again for your efforts Tracey, 30 people in particular benefited. Floyd and Harvey had the test before I did, I think they jumped the queue  ;)

• Options
    Donated. 
    Last year I was put on amber list and told to get tested again this year.
    I do have some of the symptoms, so fingers  crossed.
    I got an amber reading a couple of years back.
    Thought the advice was to consult your GP?
    Anyway that's what I did.
    GP did another PSA test and finger up the bum exam. All normal.
    Who told you to leave it a year?
    The test organisers.
    This years test, I have total of 3.95 & a ratio of 0.21
    Strangely the advice is “ at high risk, get tested in one year “
    However I’ll consult my GP.
  • Options
    An excellent initiative that should be applauded and supported.
    As a first time attendee, with a gratefully received green reading, the only suggestion that I would have, going forward, is in respect of the waiting/sitting area. When you get to that area, there is no organisation, as you are then left to the 15/16 people seated to decide who is next.
    A simple "deli" counter type of number system would alleviate the problem.
  • Options
    As a first time attendee, with a gratefully received green reading, the only suggestion that I would have, going forward, is in respect of the waiting/sitting area. When you get to that area, there is no organisation, as you are then left to the 15/16 people seated to decide who is next.
    When I was in the waiting area the lady was asking for your booked appointment time and calling you forward in the right order.

The real problem was guys ignoring the request to turn up at your booked time. It was obvious that many ignored this.
  • Options
    👍 
    @Tracey would be very busy on a match day, so we’d be looking for someone with a “deli” counter experience to organise this.
    I need to give this some thought 😉
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I got a bit delayed doing the final tot-up, although admittedly the football side didn't exactly stretch my arithmetical ability, reaching a grand total of £7:
    Bolton: 0 points, 1 goal, no clean sheet = £1
    Exeter City: 3 points, 2 goals, no clean sheet = £5
    Fleetwood Town: 0 points, 1 goal, no clean sheet = £1
    Fortunately Tracey and Dean seem to have done a better job with the Meal Squeal challenge, although the video is a bit inconclusive in a couple of instances.
    Challenge 1: Roasted Crickets - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    Challenge 2: Morio Worms - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    Challenge 3: Pig's Brain - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    Challenge 4: Blended Mealworms - Tracey ✔ Dean❌
    Challenge 5: Pig's Anus - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    Challenge 6: Fish Eyes - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔ (now corrected, AW)
    Challenge 7: Snake wearing - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    I'm going to let Tracey off for spraying some of the blended meal worms out of her mouth, as it looked like it was due to laughing at Dean chucking up in to the bucket, rather than upchucking herself. I'm not sure whether Dean ended up spitting out the fish eyes, cos he looked like he wanted to, but maybe he toughed it out, and there's no footage of Tracey trying them that I can see. @Swisdom can you remember if they managed to swallow them?
    This means I'm in for at least £34.50 (and possibly another fiver depending on the fish eyes thing). If anyone still wants to donate, the fundraising page is open for another 4 days.

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    I got a bit delayed doing the final tot-up, although admittedly the football side didn't exactly stretch my arithmetical ability, reaching a grand total of £7:
    Bolton: 0 points, 1 goal, no clean sheet = £1
    Exeter City: 3 points, 2 goals, no clean sheet = £5
    Fleetwood Town: 0 points, 1 goal, no clean sheet = £1
    Fortunately Tracey and Dean seem to have done a better job with the Meal Squeal challenge, although the video is a bit inconclusive in a couple of instances.
    Challenge 1: Roasted Crickets - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    Challenge 2: Morio Worms - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    Challenge 3: Pig's Brain - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    Challenge 4: Blended Mealworms - Tracey ✔ Dean❌
    Challenge 5: Pig's Anus - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    Challenge 6: Fish Eyes - Tracey ❔ Dean ❔
    Challenge 7: Snake wearing - Tracey ✔ Dean ✔
    I'm going to let Tracey off for spraying some of the blended meal worms out of her mouth, as it looked like it was due to laughing at Dean chucking up in to the bucket, rather than upchucking herself. I'm not sure whether Dean ended up spitting out the fish eyes, cos he looked like he wanted to, but maybe he toughed it out, and there's no footage of Tracey trying them that I can see. @Swisdom can you remember if they managed to swallow them?
    This means I'm in for at least £34.50 (and possibly another fiver depending on the fish eyes thing). If anyone still wants to donate, the fundraising page is open for another 4 days.
    Yes both Dean and I ate the fish eyes. Was disgusting!
    Thank you again for all your support. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023

A 10-minute MRI scan could be used to screen men for prostate cancer, according to a new study.

The scans proved far more accurate at diagnosing cancer than blood tests, which look for high levels of a protein called PSA.

MRI picked up some serious cancers that would have been missed by PSA alone.

At present there is no national screening programme because PSA is considered too unreliable, although men over 50 can request a PSA test. 

The authors of this new study suggest that prostate MRI could be used for screening, though they say a larger study would be needed to assess this.

• Options
    My process was PSA blood test, then 25 minute MRI scan, then biopsies taken, then PET scan, then prostatectomy.
    Mid Feb to mid July.