Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD; Charlton Athletic V Bolton Wanderers | Saturday 28th January 2023 | KO 12.30pm

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Camerawork here is really starting to piss me off.

It did improve earlier in the season but we are back to the erratic camera work and replays whilst the game is going on
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Or, will we be saying the Penney’s dropped for the next game?
  • Options
    That was pathetic Payne - jumping out of that 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Campbell crosses from the right, it's blocked and comes back to him, and eventuall it's over to the left
  • Options
    Payne stepping out of challenges.
  • Options
    I've been impressed with how our heads havent dropped either time we've gone behind - Credit to Holden that we've still competed for the most part
  • Options
    That was pathetic Payne - jumping out of that 
    Bowyer would be warming up another sub for that
  • Options
    Jack Payne one of the worst players I've seen in a Charlton shirt. So ineffective 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    FFS Payne challenge, backed out of a 50/50 on the edge of the box, show some guts man
  • Options
    Lots of great pressure from us but eventually it's clear for a throw in our half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leaburn penalised for handball in their half.
  • Options
    Penney's had a good game but wtf was that !
    A good game? Really?!
  • Options
    Dunno what's going on as they're focusing on the Bolton manager getting in the 4th official's ear.
  • Options
    Our last two games have shown that we've the potential to go up against the teams in the top six, but realistically are some way off still.
  • Options
    Ah, the keeper was getting booked for timewasting. Now Ness makes a great block
  • Options
    Tough on us that
  • Options
    Too many half assed challenges in the team today, we haven't battled enough and haven't made a game of it at times. Santos had the measure of Bonne all day, their midfield overran Morgan, Dobson and Fraser, and our defence looked shaky against Charles
  • Options
    Why wait so long to bring on Leaburn?
  • Options
    Full time 1-2 
  • Options
    Tough on us that
    I thought 2-1 flattered us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Campbell to JRS, cross in richochet's off Leaburn's face and behind for a goal kick. And the ref blows for full time. 1-2.
  • Options
    Inniss redeems himself (slightly) with a good penalty-area block that denied a certain shot at goal.
    Don’t care, I want him gone, too cumbersome.
  • Options
    For a supposedly strong bench, the subs didn't offer a single thing after coming on. 
  • Options
    Tough on us that
    I thought 2-1 flattered us.
    It didn't
  • Options
    Commentator: Charlton have "shown enough today to suggest they could make a charge for the play-offs" - don't think maths is his strong point there.
  • Options
    Thry are simply better than us
    They were recently in administration and in the division below us
    They've just signed Cameron Jerome and the lad who tore us a new one at Bolton
    They're well run
    We are not

Those are the major differences 
  • Options
    Result was probably a fair one.

Will moan till I'm blue in the face about the refereeing decision for their free kick and first goal... But you know what they say... Shoulda... Woulda... Coulda - Maybe their penalty appeal in the second half evened that incident up.

But we made a good fight of it, we're not going down, we're not going up - Need see if we can get some more deadwood out of the club in the next few days... and then continue building on these performances from now until the end of the season, and lay the foundations for next.
  • Options
    FT 1-2, We could have got more out of this game, one good free kick given for a non foul, and a gift of a second, not excuses, just facts, 
  • Options
    No defence, very average midfield, below average up front. Wished I’d done my grouting instead…
  • Options
    15th in League one. Where we deserve to be at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!