Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Following this club is so depressing…

2»

Comments

• Options
    It’s so frustrating with the admin thing.  The one that pisses me off is Southampton and their rise after wiping the slate.

Today just reinforced the chasm that exists between where we are and what Bolton have achieved and I was down in the dumps on the train home.

Then I got in and found that finally my Exeter and FGR tickets had arrived and cheered up.  Seriously? My dad has a lot to answer for dragging me into this…
  • Options
    Yep, i’ve got the massive post match blues today. Hate how much this club plays on my emotions. Season over.

Will probably book Derby tickets tomorrow…
    Did you honestly think this season wasn’t already over? 
    Yep, I’m a hopeless fool, old football romantic! 

Win today we would have been 6 points off play offs with Bolton also pegged back. All to play for. Now it’s well and truly gone. 
    I’d like to still be like that but I’ve come accept we’re underinvested in and the outcome of anything that you don’t invest in is decline 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I didn't go to the game today - went up the Shard instead.

Great 360 degree views across most of London, but as hard as I tried I couldn't make out very much at all in the south east direction - couldn't really see Greenwich, the towers at Lewisham, Shooters Hill ..... nothing.

Obviously it was because of the fucking big cloud of misery hanging over The Valley.
    And yet our potential suitors seem to see a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow 🤷
  • Options
    God - did any of you go to Old Trafford / it was fantastic- life affirming? - I’m sure you all did / let’s not get too down hearted - we will recover ( at some point !) 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The game could have gone either way. That Ness chance goes in we're winning 2-1. Bolton have sorted themselves out, sure, but there wasn't a chasm in quality on the field 
    That was a flick from a near post corner from a crazy angle (it happened right in front of me) and none of us thought it was a massive chance. JRak had a much better one, also in the second half. 
    They looked at least half a league better than us. Very solid, calm on the ball. 
  • Options
    God - did any of you go to Old Trafford / it was fantastic- life affirming? - I’m sure you all did / let’s not get too down hearted - we will recover ( at some point !) 
    Yes I did May 2006 and pointed out at the time we were finished when he left , I’m still waiting …..

• Options
    Disappointing yes, depressing no. Football is, after all, a game. Having followed this club for over sixty years, if I found following them depressing I'd have topped myself years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Yes I did May 2006 and pointed out at the time we were finished when he left , I’m still waiting …..

Who was the person holding the 'Thanks Curbs' sign upside down? The person is in the middle towards the bottom and right a bit. I blame that person for our failure since then.
  • Options
    Everything goes in cycles. We're in a mediocre cycle at the moment. Nothing to get depressed about as it's football and we support a club in the real world outside of the glamourous premier league. 

What does get depressing is the amount of negativity on here. I've said it time and again, negativity breeds negativity so if you're finding that life following Charlton is depressing, try giving yourself a break from here and the club or do what I do and skim read to avoid all the negative nellies. 

Life's too short to get caught up in social media driven nonesense. I sometimes long for the day when I looked forwards to getting the Kentish Times or Mercury to read about the club instead of this 24/7 highlighting every little modicum of information or in many cases misinformation. 
  • Options
    Mediocre cycle 🤷‍♂️ 

it’s our worst footballing period at the same time as palace’s and scums best .
    in my first 33 seasons of watching Charlton (1976/7 the first) we had 1  season in the third tier .
    Next season will be the 10th in the last 15 in this shithouse league , beyond horrendous ,

Depression is not a good place for anyone to be but I’m sure where Charlton are concerned it is more of feeling down about how fucking pathetic we are and have been for years now , while our neighbours look on with almost pity .

there’s more than enough to be negative about our club now footballing wise than before , never mind the precariousness we feel through the constant clown owners we’ve had in recent times .

Take up golf or something mate. Before you give yourself an ulcer. It is what it is, no matter what you say or think, we as fans have little say in who buys the club. It will still be here after all the shitty owners. 
  • Options
    Yup agree. Feel completely rudderless at the moment. It's just utter shite with us at the moment. Holden not to blame. 

Do you mean the 3 games in a row we won, today's game or the off field dodgy infrastructure we have ?

It's like a emotional seesaw with Charlton critics, it never in the middle, just rock bottom with worse team ever, or win 3 games and we go too high and are reaching the playoffs. Lose to a cracking team like Bolton and our fans dreams crash down to terra Firma. 
    Pay attention and realize we are a mid table team.

IF we can have stability with Dean Holden in charge and we don't cash in this window to raise a few million on Leaburn, Ness and Dobson then we can finish top half. Plus moving on two high wages (if poss) who didn't make the squad today.

I expect it from professional negative critics like Golfie and Oohaahmortimer, but disappointing from Callum. 

You would need your head up your own arse
    (Try it at home if flexible enough) not to realize that we are mega struggling as a football club but at some time soon we need stability on and off the pitch. Is the Pope a Catholic.

We really don't need more threads like this it only feeds the negativity that is so prevalent.
    Constructive criticism welcomed, but why moan on a loop.

Lol.
    Maybe Callum is their new apprentice.
    I suppose we could hire them to go on a Palace forum to constantly post things like 'look at Brighton - they've been in The Premier League for fewer years than us and they're moving forwards. We're standing still and will soon therefore be going backwards. I reckon that we'll be in a relegation fight next season.'

Get the negativity ball rolling. We could each pay them 5p per post that gets others moaning.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Another defeat then. However through thick and thin the hardcore Charlton fans are there as per usual. 

Onwards and upwards! 
    The problem is that no matter how much the hardcore don’t like it (The you ain’t proper Charlton protagonists). We need the wider non hardcore support to push the club forward. However, we are currently haemorrhaging support. The bad management, and the largely poor product on offer is hardly an incentive to attend. Further falls in attendances will hinder any potential move to seek new investment. Another season finished by January , other than the unlikely potential to be relegated is not helping. 

The club needs an investor who is prepared to gamble a considerable amount of money. They need to put their money in knowing that initially they will lose £millions. They will need to have faith that doing so will build a team worth supporting and that “PAYING” fans not freebies will return in numbers to support a successful side.

if this doesn’t happen, the hardcore will soon get a chance to visit those few grounds in league 2, that we haven’t been to.

Does such an Investor exist…. ? God I hope so.