Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Possibly the best advert ever made - warning content NSFW

Just over the border of Northern Germany in Denmark, there are Fleggaard Markets belonging to the Costco family where you find things a lot cheaper than in Germany. For this commercial, more than 100 skydivers jumped from a transport plane. You can see them in free fall forming the ad text. Labelled "Quite simply the best commercial ever made" by a respected advertising expert.

Ed: NSFW

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Excellent!  Stopped me fretting about the takeover (or not) for a few minutes...
  • Options
    I thought he was dead  but it seems Jeffrey Epstein is up to his old tricks!
  • Options
    Blimey I paid 550 for my Siemens.  :o
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I didn't even notice what the advert was for...was there an advert!!🧐
  • Options
    Absolutely disgusting.  I had to go twice!
  • Options
    Who cares about the advert! For a man of mature years I had to put on my other glasses! 
  • Options
    Well, most of those would be ok in the event of parachute failure. Plenty of cushioning. 
  • Options
    I watched and think that’s a very reasonable price for a Siemens washing machine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    British adverts are rubbish.
  • Options
    I watched and think that’s a very reasonable price for a Siemens washing machine.
    Oh bugger why did you do that @ralphmilne, you've told me the name of the company now.....I've got to find another reason to watch!!! Damn you!!!  ;)
  • Options
    AND, the lack of diversity in that advert was disgusting... No consideration of multi-ethnicity, so much gender bias, don't get me started on the transphobia!

Going for a lie down.
  • Options
    Can you imagine being the guy cast as the pilot going back home afterwards.

WIFE: So, how was the shoot? 

Pilot: Um.... you know. Alright. Nothing interesting....
  • Options
    No place for this sort of chauvinistic advertising in the 21st century

Said no man ever
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Said no man ever
    You've never visited a house of commoners threads have you?
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    So...

An advert likely to pi$$ off maybe 50% of the company's potential customers is possibly the best ever?

Really??
    50%, in your dreams?
  • Options
    Someone changed my title, what is NSFW
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone changed my title, what is NSFW
    Not Safe For Work 
  • Options

Said no man ever
    Said this man.  It's absolutely appalling and, as said above, likely to piss off a lot of the potential customers.
  • Options
    Amazing,.....they reincarnated George Peppard to fly the plane, what a feat.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    So...

An advert likely to pi$$ off maybe 50% of the company's potential customers is possibly the best ever?

Really??
    My first thought was that is was a sexist advert and I agree entirely with you. I suppose it did achieve its aim and that was to get noticed. It's no different from the old page 3 pictures, which thankfully are no longer considered acceptable.
  • Options
    Just a Male version of Diet Coke ads. 
    Apparently ok to have men sexualised or  ridiculed as being stupid in adverts these days but heaven forbid if you had an advert with women being thick.