Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heather McKinlay interviews Dean Holden

CAST Chair Heather McKinlay met Dean Holden at Sparrows Lane on Friday:

"there’s something about south-east London I can relate to, like Salford, working class, proper, real, genuine, honest – everywhere I go people will be brutally honest with me and that’s brilliant.” 

“My ideal would be to continue the progression we’ve seen up till now and to stay longer term – I’ve literally fell for the place. I’ve barely been back home since I came down - something special has grabbed me." 

“people should have an understanding of what’s going on – I try and speak in normal language.”

there’s a lot of anger and I understand all that.”

“judge me on the way out rather than on the way in.” 

The full interview:

https://www.castrust.org/2023/02/dean-holden-to-c-a-s-t-something-special-has-grabbed-me/

Comments

• Options
    @AFKABartram still not buying it me thinks?
  • Options
    Really enjoyed reading that.
    Now waiting to see whether action matches ambition.
  • Options
    So any wiser to who actually approached him for the job and who appointed him? He doesn’t mention Sandgaard once. 
  • Options
    I think he’s a cut above what we’ve had recently, and the signs are good. But he’s hampered by a lack of depth in the squad, and results will inevitably tail off. At that point the doubters will say ‘I told you so’, and the Sandgaard axe will start quivering. 
    Of course it’s also possible that he’ll show weakness as all our recent managers have.  
  • Options
    He seems to be a decent manager but more importantly he seems a top bloke. I've been really impressed with him since he came in 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whose are his sidekicks , what coaches are here … I can’t keep up with the revolving door 
  • Options
    Whose are his sidekicks , what coaches are here … I can’t keep up with the revolving door 
    Anthony Hayes and Scott Marshall are still here from being under Garner

Holden arrived on his own
  • Options
    Seems like a decent bloke & manager, he has galvanised the team/squad undoubtably as performances and results testify, also I get the impressions the players are onside with him as are the fan base.  Hope he hangs around longer than the previous managers he could,  with the right backing what we’ve been waiting for. 
  • Options
    That is a great interview 
  • Options
    I want to believe him and that he will be around for a while but if he disappears into the sunset I won’t be surprised either. 

We forgive managers for not saying all they can because they have to ‘manage upwards too’ but it grates that they won’t (or rather feel that they can’t). 

• Options
    edited February 2023
    The Red Robin said:
    So any wiser to who actually approached him for the job and who appointed him? He doesn’t mention Sandgaard once. 

There were a couple of things he said in th interview when talking about the situation within the club which surprised me that he  said. Clearly he gets the mood of the fans. I like him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the man, the interview was very good, as I've said before I think he gets 'the club'. Who brought him in, not a clue, does it matter to me....no not really, he has given the team a fighting spirit I've not seen for a long time. We, I think, would've lost yesterday under some of the previous managers....but when they scored we didnt crumble.....that has to be DH mentality and MO. 
    I hope he gets a much longer contract whoever the owner is/are.
  • Options
    Great interview which has only endorsed my conviction that Dean Holden is the man for Charlton - long term. 
  • Options
    Let’s just hope he’s here long-term. I’m not convinced he’ll be here beyond the summer.
  • Options
    I like the fella. All I want to see is the players going out there and giving it everything like Garry Nelson and John Robinson used too and DH seems capable of making that happen.
     What we truly need now is stability on the Manager front so I hope the team keep playing well and Dean stays despite the absolute sh*t show going on in the background which is turning into a farce. 
  • Options
    Good interview @Weegie Addick
  • Options
    Excellent interview @Weegie Addick

I really feel positive about Holden. Given backing he can take us places. 
  • Options
    Great interview 
  • Options
    Very good interview. He comes across well. Has he read the JS Story yet? 😬
  • Options
    This has all the makings of him leaving us to manage a Championship side in June.