Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heather McKinlay interviews Dean Holden

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Very good interview. He comes across well. Has he read the JS Story yet? 😬

Dean Holden said he's really busy at the Moment but he will get round to reading -
    'My career in the Media' by James Seed.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Dean Holden would love the Story of Jimmy Seed a true North East legend who despite unambitious owners took Cafc to glory in the cup and nearly the pinnacle in the League.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    JamesSeed said:

Dean Holden said he's really busy at the Moment but he will get round to reading -
    'My career in the Media' by James Seed.
    ??
    I’d prefer it if he read about Minnie Seed. 
  • Options
    . Obvious from other interviews how important his family is too, yet his wife and children are still in the NW.

Not had a chance to read the interview yet H but at Bromley Addicks he said his wife was mainly working in the Talksport building next to the Shard, so it’s all working out in that respect 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    . Obvious from other interviews how important his family is too, yet his wife and children are still in the NW.

Not had a chance to read the interview yet H but at Bromley Addicks he said his wife was mainly working in the Talksport building next to the Shard, so it’s all working out in that respect 
    Thanks, AFKA - thought I’d read somewhere that she quite often worked in London. Think the kids still go to school in NW but guess they have other family support there?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    The museum sent him the centenary video 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Now he's just got to find a way to watch it  :)
  • Options
    Great interview, beautifully framed by the style Heather chose to use.
    Proper as Holden might say.
  • Options
    Really good interview.
  • Options
    Enjoyable read.

Well done Heather.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wait.......Jaydon Stockley has written a book?   :o
    Chapter One: I scored a goal. Chapter Two: I scored another goal. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Now he's just got to find a way to watch it  :)
    It was a digital version!
  • Options
    "there’s something about south-east London I can relate to, like Salford, working class, proper, real, genuine, honest – but then I went to Blackheath, and thought f**k off you Southern twats"
  • Options
    Seriously, a decent interview that.

I don't know if he's a better coach than Ben Garner, but he feels much more of an all round manager. I hope he stays, but either way we desperately need stability and "long term" planning. We need someone here now to start planning the summer window, so that we can bring in the players to play his system. If Holden goes at the end of the season, then all the work now will be wasted if the new person rips up the list and type of targets and wants to start again.
  • Options
    Terrific interview. The right questions, and really interesting answers.

I really like how quickly he has absorbed what the club is, in the context of where it sits geographically. 

“proper, special and potential”. He nails it, and Weegie will know what I mean, it isn't easy to nail that apparently innocent question, especially when you've only been around a few weeks and come from oop North.  Curbs gets it nowadays, on Charlton TV he's the living embodiment of all we achieved in the last 30 years, but if you are old enough you may recall that for quite a while we were not sure he was one of us, that his heart lay across the river.

Of course that doesn't matter if you are not getting anywhere on the pitch, but 4 wins in five gives his words some substance. 

All the more reason to do all we can to get him the backing he deserves from the boardroom, whoever 's in it.
    these are all words I would use regardless of which team I had taken over.
  • Options
    Very much warming to DH. I think Garner had a level of arrogance that wasnt deserved imo, he had one good season with Swindon and that was it but I felt he made himself out to be the next best thing. Mentioning the fact he had no interest in adapting his system to suit his players.. admirable to try the system but it clearly wasnt working. 

DH however has come in and gave the players a belief that they never had before. He prefers 3-5-2 but has adapted to suit his players and as such, getting results. We seem to work harder, player better football at times and look defensively better. Its nothing but positive I think!

At least a 1 year deal I think is deserved as the difference is there to see.