Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football based TV Shows

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Bostock's Cup, film bit a TV film so I'm taking it:

https://youtu.be/tgdZK8T40qM

A bit Mike Bassetty.
  • Options
    Rovers

Short-lived sitcom about a Non-League club, written by David Earl & Joe Wilkinson, starring Craig Cash & Sue Johnston so it had that Early Doors / Royle Family vibe. 
  • Options
    Dream team. The greatest tv show ever made!!

Actually, having gone back & watched a few episodes on YouTube recently, it was actually pretty bad, but at the time it was essential Sunday night viewing 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I loved the 70s attempts when the people clearly couldn't kick a ball properly. A great example was an On the buses episode.
  • Options
    There was a game show where Jim Davidson represented Charlton - what was that called - 1970’s I think ?
  • Options
    Quiz Ball maybe?
  • Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Gazzetta Football Italia back in the 90s was possibly my favourite TV show growing up.

Just the intro makes me so nostalgic:

https://youtu.be/ASM3jm-ocyA

Mad that Channel 4 were showing Baggio, Ronaldo, Batistuta etc while Sky were showing Blackburn v Norwich etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    There was a game show where Jim Davidson represented Charlton - what was that called - 1970’s I think ?
    Are you sure it was Jim Davidson? There was Up for the Cup where we were represented by Jim Bowen. We finished second to Norwich City. I remember being disappointed when I later found out that Bowen supported Blackburn. The whole accent thing just didn't click.
  • Options
    Was it super smashing lovely?
  • Options
    '14 Chips: Charlton The Duchatelet Years' was a good one I thought. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Was it super smashing lovely?
    It was when we made the final.
  • Options
    Not a football based programme but I remember a part of a programme where guest goalkeepers would be in goal in the studio and a viewer would guide a light via a telephone conversation with the presenter to where they wanted a penalty to be aimed at. A machine would then fire the ball at the light.
    Vaguely remember Gary Bailey as one GK so would be late 70s early 80s.

• Options
    A third for the Inside No 9; Referee's a Wanker episode. Brilliant twist at the end.

Scully was good, having looked it up, what a great cast too. Andre Schofield in an early role (can't believe he is in his sixties now!), Jean Boht, Tony Haygarth, Tom Georgeson, Cathy Tyson, Mark McGann, Elvis Costello and even Clive Russell in one episode.     
  • Options
    Not a football based programme but I remember a part of a programme where guest goalkeepers would be in goal in the studio and a viewer would guide a light via a telephone conversation with the presenter to where they wanted a penalty to be aimed at. A machine would then fire the ball at the light.

Was it Bruce Forsythe's Big Night? That suddenly came out of nowhere!
  • Options

Was it Bruce Forsythe's Big Night? That suddenly came out of nowhere!
    I was thinking of a host like Bruce Forsyth so could be.
  • Options
    The Big Time - Lol Cottrell plays for Liverpool
  • Options
    Anyone remember Scully? 

Not sure why I do, I was 8 when it aired
    Good shout, really enjoyed Scully.
  • Options
    Saint n Greavsie
  • Options
    Those Glory Glory Days written by Jack Rosental
  • Options
    There was a programme in the early 1990s of a talented girl footballer, who is signed by QPR and helps them win the FA Cup. A bit far fetched, really - QPR winning the Cup...