Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby Roll call

Comments

• Options
    3 of us going tomorrow and never been to Derby’s new or old ground, so looking forward to my first visit. Should be a good game, we have managed to raise our game quite often this season and in seasons past, so hope more of the same tomorrow 🤞
  • Options
    Woke up all excited. I’ll never learn :-( 

if anyone has a decent pub shout close to the station, let us know. Would be good to see a few others.

Up the reds 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Already there. Well, in Matlock right now. My birthday fwiw! Will be drinking tomorrow in some of the very fine pubs Derby has to offer 
    Happy Birthday Leuth, hope it’s a good one for you!
  • Options

if anyone has a decent pub shout close to the station, let us know. Would be good to see a few others.

Up the reds 
    The Brunswick Inn is a 9 min walk from the station and is good.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    se9addick said:

Up the reds 
    Accepts away fans? Seen from tweets from a couple of years ago saying it’s home only 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Up the reds 
    Accepts away fans? Seen from tweets from a couple of years ago saying it’s home only 
    I was accepted with open arms last time I went! That was a few years ago though, so may have changed since then. 
  • Options
    I'll be there today with my friend and godson, local trip for us and I'm trying to convert the boy from a port vale fan to a Charlton fan 🤣
  • Options
    I’ll aim for the Brunswick - see you there 
  • Options
    The Brunswick is about 300m from the station, come out of the station and turn right, it's just down there
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    We are driving up should get up there for about 12 & look for a pub lunch near the ground any ideas?
    There's a Harvester nearby the ground.
    Don't miss The Brunswick Inn....it will have plenty of Charlton in it, pub was built by a railway company (1841), good beer and good food.
    No food menu is available on Derby at home days…..not sure if there are bar snacks though, or if there are, how good or extensive they are?
    Just phoned them…..they do filled rolls but they usually sell out quite early.🫤🫤🫤
    Oh well just get pissed in the Brunswick and then head for Greggs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are tickets available on the day does anyone know? Got a pal who’s jumped on last minute 
    Charlton site says none available on the day...it's all ticket.
  • Options
    Derby fan on train saying brunswick is home fans
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Derby fan on train saying brunswick is home fans
    Never been a problem before....that's a shame.
  • Options
    There's a pub just round the corner from the Brunswick called the Alexander hotel, that lets away fans in apparently.
  • Options
    Me and my better half getting the train up this morning. Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Derby always used to be one of my favourite away trips - and The Brunswick was always a legendary pub.
  • Options
    Are tickets available on the day does anyone know? Got a pal who’s jumped on last minute 
    Charlton site says none available on the day...it's all ticket.
    Just phoned derby, you're right, they're saying none in the day. Bollocks
  • Options
    Was drinking in both the Brunswick and the Alexandra last night. Former more of a classic pub vibe, latter has better beer, endless railway memorabilia, rabbits and is away-friendly though so probably gets my primary recommendation 
  • Options
    Decent overtime for the police today. Must have been about 50+ to welcome up to Derby.
  • Options
    There's a pub just round the corner from the Brunswick called the Alexander hotel, that lets away fans in apparently.
    Decent in there as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brunswick pub is home fans only.
  • Options
    Topped up in
    The Victoria.
    Telegraph 
    and whitehorse
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Did the Station Inn off the train which was friendly but felt like I’d gone back to about 1990. Beautiful garden vista with an impressive decking feature. 

Decided to find another which was a bad move as a near 30 min walk brought us to The Navigation Inn. Which made the one before feel modern chic. 

Bizarre place. Never got to the town centre but everywhere just seemed decades out of date 

• Options
    Went up with Derby mate.
    First the Derby brewery tap  
    Then the Exter Arms both good pubs.
    After the game the Brunswick which is always a good pub. 
    At least I could enjoy the day except the 98 mins mid afternoon.
  • Options
    Shame The Brunswick wasn’t having away fans pre game, sounds the only real decent option within walking distance 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Glad I ticked it off but what a toilet the place is as soon as you come out of the station it just seems miserable, the station inn must of made a fortune 2 lagers on tap and £5 a pint 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Went up with Derby mate.
    First the Derby brewery tap  
    Then the Exter Arms both good pubs.
    After the game the Brunswick which is always a good pub. 
    At least I could enjoy the day except the 98 mins mid afternoon.
    Exeter Arms is amazing, went there on my first night here. 10/10 pub, great food too
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Topped up in
    The Victoria.
    Telegraph 
    and whitehorse
    We was in the White horse Friday night, a decent pub with live music, Friday they had a rock and roll band on, last night it was Ska! But not sure i could spend 2 nights in Derby lol.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Topped up in
    The Victoria.
    Telegraph 
    and whitehorse
    We was in the White horse Friday night, a decent pub with live music, Friday they had a rock and roll band on, last night it was Ska! But not sure i could spend 2 nights in Derby lol.
    Try three! Off to Bakewell for the cakes (and the Thornbridge brewery tour) today! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    clb74 said:
    Topped up in
    The Victoria.
    Telegraph 
    and whitehorse
    Try three! Off to Bakewell for the cakes (and the Thornbridge brewery tour) today! 
    You must be mad, although today sounds like you'll have a better day than yesterday.