Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby Roll call

13»

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    clb74 said:
    Topped up in
    The Victoria.
    Telegraph 
    and whitehorse
    We was in the White horse Friday night, a decent pub with live music, Friday they had a rock and roll band on, last night it was Ska! But not sure i could spend 2 nights in Derby lol.
    Try three! Off to Bakewell for the cakes (and the Thornbridge brewery tour) today! 
    You must be mad, although today sounds like you'll have a better day than yesterday.
    There's a reason I only do a couple of aways a season (I wish to have some money left in my account) 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    clb74 said:
    Topped up in
    The Victoria.
    Telegraph 
    and whitehorse
    We was in the White horse Friday night, a decent pub with live music, Friday they had a rock and roll band on, last night it was Ska! But not sure i could spend 2 nights in Derby lol.
    Try three! Off to Bakewell for the cakes (and the Thornbridge brewery tour) today! 
    You must be mad, although today sounds like you'll have a better day than yesterday.
    There's a reason I only do a couple of aways a season (I wish to have some money left in my account)
    I'm not even going to check my account until i get paid next week 😱🤣
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    clb74 said:
    Topped up in
    The Victoria.
    Telegraph 
    and whitehorse
    I'm not even going to check my account until i get paid next week 😱🤣
    Not sure why my comment rolled into your one 🤔
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Shame The Brunswick wasn’t having away fans pre game, sounds the only real decent option within walking distance 
    Managed to get in there, this was 11.45. I was with a mate who supports Derby and the security asked me if i was a charlton fan, and i said yes but he still let me in. Must have a kindly face.
  • Options
    Shame The Brunswick wasn’t having away fans pre game, sounds the only real decent option within walking distance 
    Managed to get in there, this was 11.45. I was with a mate who supports Derby and the security asked me if i was a charlton fan, and i said yes but he still let me in. Must have a kindly face.
    That’s good. Were there other Charlton fans in there too? It’s a good pub so would be a shame if it’s out of bounds for future trips. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Ise9addick said:
    That’s good. Were there other Charlton fans in there too? It’s a good pub so would be a shame if it’s out of bounds for future trips. 
    I didnt see any others but of course if you showed your colours they wouldnt let you in. I did notice several groups walk past and then walk back again a few minutes later.

Went to a pub after the game, think it was called smithfields that wass as good as the brunswick in my view. As for the game better forgotten.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    msomerton said:
    Went up with Derby mate.
    First the Derby brewery tap  
    Then the Exter Arms both good pubs.
    After the game the Brunswick which is always a good pub. 
    At least I could enjoy the day except the 98 mins mid afternoon.
    Exeter Arms is amazing, went there on my first night here. 10/10 pub, great food 

Agree has a great range of beers and yes the pub food is good,

• Options
    Or else they saw you as absolutely no threat at all.
     :D 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Or else they saw you as absolutely no threat at all.
     :D 
    More like it.