Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

Comments

• Options
    Dull Superbowl match up
  • Options
    Dull Superbowl match up
    Not for 9ers or Chiefs fans! 

Go 9ers!
  • Options
    Won't ever claim to be a massive NFL fan but have been getting more and more into it this season.

That play from Sneed as Flowers dived into the end zone has to be one of the best defensive plays ever surely?
  • Options
    Not a bad 2nd half for a game manager!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Let’s hope the Niners win later so we at least get a competitive Superbowl. 
    Lions already beaten Chiefs haven’t they 
    Very different Chiefs team now
  • Options
    The NFL like the English Premier League is getting very predictable, the Chiefs and 49ers have become Manchester Citteeee like in their constant successes.
    The draft supposedly is there to ensure that the weaker outfits get first choice when selecting the very best college graduates in order to strengthen their rosters. However free agency and 'horse trading' draft choices has watered down that egalitarian desire, the richer franchises increasingly overpower the weaker ones.
    Still perhaps some hope for the smaller fry is in the fact that the recently all conquering Patriots are now floundering after the loss of Superman Brady and some of their older stars.
    How long will it be before the Chiefs and 49ers are down there eating the dirt with the other NFL paupers ? or will the new aristocrats remain on their respective thrones for decades ?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I'll go for 9ers in NFC, feels like they are getting healthy at the perfect time though it would be great for the Lions to do it just don't see it. AFC, Fins are flat track bullies for me, think next year could be their year. Hard to look past KC but something feels off with them, offence isn't clicking like it should, that said their schedule is nice. 

TLDR 9ers v KC
    Called it  B)

Feel sorry for the Lions, a bit like the Ravens they had it within their control but bad play calling cost them whereas the Ravens it was player discipline. I disagree about it being a boring super bowl, yes it's not new teams but it's hard to pick a winner. Should be a good game.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I'll go for 9ers in NFC, feels like they are getting healthy at the perfect time though it would be great for the Lions to do it just don't see it. AFC, Fins are flat track bullies for me, think next year could be their year. Hard to look past KC but something feels off with them, offence isn't clicking like it should, that said their schedule is nice. 

TLDR 9ers v KC
    Called it  B)

Feel sorry for the Lions, a bit like the Ravens they had it within their control but bad play calling cost them whereas the Ravens it was player discipline. I disagree about it being a boring super bowl, yes it's not new teams but it's hard to pick a winner. Should be a good game.
    Good work. I'm hoping your good judgement continues next season and those Fins finally do the business as you predict. I've waited my whole life !!
  • Options
    The NFL like the English Premier League is getting very predictable, the Chiefs and 49ers have become Manchester Citteeee like in their constant successes.
    The draft supposedly is there to ensure that the weaker outfits get first choice when selecting the very best college graduates in order to strengthen their rosters. However free agency and 'horse trading' draft choices has watered down that egalitarian desire, the richer franchises increasingly overpower the weaker ones.
    Still perhaps some hope for the smaller fry is in the fact that the recently all conquering Patriots are now floundering after the loss of Superman Brady and some of their older stars.
    How long will it be before the Chiefs and 49ers are down there eating the dirt with the other NFL paupers ? or will the new aristocrats remain on their respective thrones for decades ?
    Think that's harsh on the draft and its approach. Look at what the Bengals were before they got Joe Burrow, or the Lions 3 years ago, and the Jags with Trevor Lawrence. Get the franchise QB and the team becomes attractive again, also those QBs coming out of the draft help their team as they are on less to enable the team to stay within the salary cap.   

All teams can trade up to try and snatch a prospect but doesn't always work does it, look at the 9ers with Trey Lance and only just getting a first round pick this year. 

9ers have had to pay Bosa and Deebo in the last 2 years and have now got Aiyuk up for a contract renewal, might get away with it due to Purdy's low salary but their time is running out to get a super bowl.

As for the final, go 9ers!
  • Options
    That’s not true at all. The past 11 Super Bowl winners have been Chiefs, Rams, Tampa Bay, Chiefs, Patriots, Philadelphia, Patriots, Denver, Patriots, Seattle and Baltimore. And before that the Giants, Green Bay, Saints, Giants again and Indianapolis were the winners. Hardly a domination. The 49ers haven’t won it since 1995. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And the Patriots had some cheating shenanigans going on with Bill Belichick so you can probably discount a bit of that. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    That’s not true at all. The past 11 Super Bowl winners have been Chiefs, Rams, Tampa Bay, Chiefs, Patriots, Philadelphia, Patriots, Denver, Patriots, Seattle and Baltimore. And before that the Giants, Green Bay, Saints, Giants again and Indianapolis were the winners. Hardly a domination. The 49ers haven’t won it since 1995. 
    That’s not true at all ..No? ..so out of the last eleven super bowls that you quote, 2 teams have won it 5 times between them  ..  'recently' the Giants twice and the Chiefs again have won it, the 49ers have been runners up twice in the last ten years .. AND my comment was 'getting very predictable' not so much historically predictable .. been a long time (if ever) since (e.g.) the Cowboys, Bills, Dolphins, Vikings, Washington or the Raiders have won the thing .. yes there is a pattern when very successful teams have a rapid downturn, but rarely does a 'smaller' franchise get to the s bowl .. perhaps the newish salary cap will have an effect on this
  • Options
    I make that 12 different winners in 16 years. I think that’s pretty good.,I can’t think of any major football league that could get anywhere close to that over the past 16 years. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    I make that 12 different winners in 16 years. I think that’s pretty good.,I can’t think of any major football league that could get anywhere close to that over the past 16 years. 
    Yeah but parity like that comes at a huge cost - you'd have to murder all teams that are outside the top division, and have millions of people fighting over a small number of tickets.

The NFL model is one everyone should be running away from (unless you're an owner).
  • Options
    And for years the Rams, Seattle, Saints, and Tampa Bay were considered ‘smaller’ and Dallas, Miami, SF and Pittsburg were almost winning it at will. But they’ve come through now. It’s cyclical and it’s the draft that creates that. People forget that the Chiefs did nothing from 1970 to 2020.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited January 30
    Rob said:
    Yeah but parity like that comes at a huge cost - you'd have to murder all teams that are outside the top division, and have millions of people fighting over a small number of tickets.

The NFL model is one everyone should be running away from (unless you're an owner).
    That’s true. But that’s a different argument. They’ve never had promotion and relegation in the States. Also, ‘franchises’ regularly move from city to city. It’s a totally different model to what we have over here and in Europe where promotion and relegation is the norm. 
  • Options
    yeah it's a model designed to make as much money as possible. It's ruthless - Average joes cannot afford season tickets and save up to go to a few games a year, and often have to travel for hours because there are no local clubs.

It's why the relationship between fan and club in Europe is so much closer than relationship between fan and franchise in the USA. Sure party is a minor upside, but give me tens of thousands attending games across a full league pyramid any day of the week.
  • Options
    Put money down on the Baltimore lot cos of those on here's recommendation. Cheers lads. Last time I will bet on a sport I have little knowledge on and trust others. Bit of luck I made it back on Maidstone otherwise...
  • Options
    edited February 1
    This video only came out today so kinda “late” but it’s an interesting (and painful if you’re a Cowboys fan) watch.

https://youtu.be/ZN_hPJxI_s8?si=u57QoY2CHLj8GMkJ
  • Options
    Ravens getting raided:

DC Mike Macdonald to Seattle as HC

DB coach Dennard Wilson to Titans as DC

director of player personnel Joe Hortiz to the Chargers as GM

player evaluation and analytics manager Corey Krawiec to the Chargers

I doubt Patrick Queen and Geno Stone stick around either. This year was a great chance and they blew it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This video only came out today so kinda “late” but it’s an interesting (and painful if you’re a Cowboys fan) watch.

https://youtu.be/ZN_hPJxI_s8?si=u57QoY2CHLj8GMkJ
    Thanks for this will watch later, Brett's videos are always worth watching.
  • Options
    Dan Quinn, defensive coordinator from the Cowgirls, appointed Head coach at Washington. 

Hopefully he can bring back the glory years in the eighties and nineties. I'm not betting on it though. 
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Don't blow it Detroit.
    Damn. 
  • Options
    How many of you Lifers are staying up very late tonight?
    Me!
  • Options
    I’m visualising Kelce throwing a lateral for the winning TD
  • Options
    How many of you Lifers are staying up very late tonight?
    Yep!