Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - June 2023 minutes p2

Sorry if I have missed it, but are there any details on last nights Fans Forum anywhere ? I appreciate it was only last night so just wonder when and where I should look ?  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Minutes come out after a "few" days when they have been agreed.

Sounds like a lot of what was covered was in the SLP articles from last night and this morning.
  • Options
    According to one FF member on Twitter TS was not at the meeting 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Correct.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    how about Raylene?
  • Options
    I do like Holden. “no dickheads policy”. Made me chuckle. 
    Yer, nice line 😂

Have any recent managers attended the FF? I can’t remember reading their comments in the notes too often, at least recently
  • Options
    fmaddick said:
    Yer, nice line 😂

Have any recent managers attended the FF? I can’t remember reading their comments in the notes too often, at least recently
    a first in all the minutes that have been published in the past by the club 
  • Options
    A no dickheads policy for next season under Holden 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No angels either.

He said, 'don’t get me wrong, we don’t want angels coming in, we want winners'.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    No angels either.

No Bonne’s and Penney’s then 
  • Options
    That statement tells me both Holden and Sandgaard wanted the players that came to us in the last transfer window.

Houston we have a problem!
  • Options
    It’s a policy long embedded in the All Blacks team culture. Introduced by sport psychologist Gilbert Enoka. The idea is no one is bigger than the shirt. And If you ripple negatively off the pitch that’s going to happen on the pitch. 
  • Options
    Made me chuckle too - No Dickheads  - that's my CAFC career over before it starts then.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    shirty5 said:
    Scoham said:
    No angels either.

No Bonne’s and Penney’s then 
    They’ve both signed 3 year contracts.

Holden: “Bonne and Penney epitomise the spirit and character of player required for Charlton Athletic and what we’re looking for going forward, in an attempt to get out of this league!”
  • Options
    That statement tells me both Holden and Sandgaard wanted the players that came to us in the last transfer window.

Houston we have a problem!
    The level of 'wantedness' might reflect the lack of other suitable/affordable options. 
  • Options
    Haven’t quite a few managers started parroting the “no dickheads” line since they learned about the All Blacks philosophy?

Something tells me a mediocre League One club with God knows what budget won’t get to be too picky. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Have to laugh at Peter Storrie's assertion that we will be building a Top Six squad whether Spiegel or Sandgaard are in control come the close season. This season is the proof that Sandgaard won't be spending a bean in the Summer if he is still on the hook for half a million quid losses a month. We have to hope Spiegel gets his deal done and has some proper backing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are going to sell players to reduce losses.
    That seems clear from Storries utterances.
    Probably Dobson and Leaburn.
    Dobson to be covered by McGrandles or maybe Mitchell, and Leaburn by giving Bonne a three year contract.
    Order of events will be to get in as much season ticket money as possible, then the true meaning of the transfers kick in.
    We will probably focus on the wonderful signing of a Micronesian international signed from Beckenham Town.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Haven’t quite a few managers started parroting the “no dickheads” line since they learned about the All Blacks philosophy?

Something tells me a mediocre League One club with God knows what budget won’t get to be too picky. 
    I don’t know how transferable it is to football. No dick heads resonates more with NZ cultural values but also the nature of rugby. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I don’t know how transferable it is to football. No dick heads resonates more with NZ cultural values but also the nature of rugby. 
    It probably isn’t particularly comparable, it’s just sounds good and football players/coaches/managers aren’t generally known for their originality. 
  • Options
    Cannot even get the attendees correct 
  • Options
    Burger boy to the pigeon controller! I fecking double dare you @Dizzle 😂😂

• Options
    se9addick said:

Started with the All Blacks and then spread to F1 with Mercedes and now everyone seems to be using it. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    se9addick said:

Started with the All Blacks and then spread to F1 with Mercedes and now everyone seems to be using it. 
    Sounds good to me. As long as they mean it.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    This makes interesting reading,wonder what will be said tonight?

This was minutes from fans forum 23rd march 2023.