Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - June 2023 minutes p2

Comments

• Options
    Any snippets from those attending tonight?
  • Options
    All positive 

Minutes out soon

ST sales going well
  • Options
    All positive 

Minutes out soon

ST sales going well
    Oh, you’ve done it now………. Incoming 
  • Options
    Any news on the Lookman Trench?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Season ticket sales are down on last season which in turn was down significantly on the prior 21/22 campaign but the club claim sales are ‘going well’.

Very similar to ‘it doesn’t matter whether we have new owners or not. The budget for this window is already set and it’s higher than the £0 we spent on transfers last season’ 

Pure Peter Storrie Bullshit.
  • Options
    Still no news, it’s like a secret society especially when some of the groups represented don’t actually exist anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I will never question the efforts of these guys, the honesty they get back I'd question.
    Subsequently what do the meetings achieve for the fans?  IMO nothing.
  • Options
    Needs a train travellers rep Elfs...
  • Options
    All positive 

Minutes out soon

ST sales going well
    Waiting with anticipation.

Then it can  be checked off by Ronnie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still no news, it’s like a secret society especially when some of the groups represented don’t actually exist anymore.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/storrie-takeover-process-and-summer-transfer-window
  • Options
    Can’t say the report from the meeting is encouraging.
    Hey ho.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Sounds like a lot of past quotes rechurned.

Still not clear whether we have budget to pay transfer fees or whether we will just be doing free transfers until the takeover is done.

Time will tell I guess. Hopefully the former or 23/24 is screwed. Don’t see the takeover happening until after the season has started.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Hey ho.
    We were told it would take 6-8 weeks after the SPA was signed so they were always going to be in the early stages by this point.

If you mean signings it doesn’t tell us anything either way other than confirm the intention isn’t to wait until the takeover is completed.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Hey ho.
    We were told it would take 6-8 weeks after the SPA was signed so they were always going to be in the early stages by this point.

If you mean signings it doesn’t tell us anything either way other than confirm the intention isn’t to wait until the takeover is completed.
    The theme that came across to me from the report is that Charlton have not supplied all the info the EFL and FA required, all the people are mystery figures, if and when a takeover happens and when that takes place Storrie buggers off, and the new people can do whatever they please so all previous bets are off. Storrie will watch uninvolved from the shore whilst others struggle with the storm.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Hey ho.

The theme that came across to me from the report is that Charlton have not supplied all the info the EFL and FA required, all the people are mystery figures, if and when a takeover happens and when that takes place Storrie buggers off, and the new people can do whatever they please so all previous bets are off. Storrie will watch uninvolved from the shore whilst others struggle with the storm.
    We were told at the start it would take 6-8 weeks so I don’t find it surprising we haven’t submitted everything yet. The amount they have to submit is partly why it takes that long.

Were you hoping the club were going to name those involved part way through the process? Since they weren’t named in the initial announcement we were always going to have to wait until it’s completed to hear more.

Not sure what your point is on new owners doing whatever they please?
  • Options
    Slightly surprised we haven't submitted everything yet, seeing that the consortium have been involved for months.

Storrie has a reassuring air of quiet competence about him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Hey ho.

We were told at the start it would take 6-8 weeks so I don’t find it surprising we haven’t submitted everything yet. The amount they have to submit is partly why it takes that long.

Were you hoping the club were going to name those involved part way through the process? Since they weren’t named in the initial announcement we were always going to have to wait until it’s completed to hear more.

My point is that whatever Storrie says carries weight, if that’s the right way to put it, only up to the point that the mystery people acquire the club.
    As he says they can do whatever the hell they like, which is why I personally would like to know who the hell we’re dealing with. Storrie will be gone.
    It also reads to me that the EFL/FA process hasn’t even started anyway as those institutions wait for information to be submitted by the club.
    My skin in the game? Long term fan and season ticket holder having already bought for next season. If that counts for nothing, then my guess that Methven and Co view fans like me as mere ballast and can be treated with distain.
    (The unfulfilled threat by Methven of legal action reminds me of when Southall was sacking Chris Parkes, Mick Everett and others on the spot during a particularly florid example of his power and money trip).
    Maybe those who attended the meeting will say it was a worthwhile experience, but the report on the club website suggests otherwise to me.
  • Options
    I thank the fans forum for meeting up with Storrie & the update.

Surprising that nothing yet of importance has been sent to the EFL so we are weeks, if not months, away from the takeover being concluded. I would have expected paperwork being completed whilst DD was ongoing & once the SPA was signed then it would have all been sent off. I don't know whether it's due to staffing issues, or TS not being that bothered, but it didn't smack of urgency to me.

My real worry is that any new signings that involve a fee has to be agreed first by Sandgaard.....so if he doesnt want to spend any money then they wont be signed, even though the new owners might actually want them. I may be reading it wrong & it might come down to just the way Storrie answered the questions but it seems like no matter if there is an agreement between all parties regarding expenditure the buck stops with Sandgaard. If he says no then that's it......no signing. 

• Options
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Hey ho.

My point is that whatever Storrie says carries weight, if that’s the right way to put it, only up to the point that the mystery people acquire the club.
    As he says they can do whatever the hell they like, which is why I personally would like to know who the hell we’re dealing with. Storrie will be gone.
    It also reads to me that the EFL/FA process hasn’t even started anyway as those institutions wait for information to be submitted by the club.
    My skin in the game? Long term fan and season ticket holder having already bought for next season. If that counts for nothing, then my guess that Methven and Co view fans like me as mere ballast and can be treated with distain.
    (The unfulfilled threat by Methven of legal action reminds me of when Southall was sacking Chris Parkes, Mick Everett and others on the spot during a particularly florid example of his power and money trip).
    Maybe those who attended the meeting will say it was a worthwhile experience, but the report on the club website suggests otherwise to me.
    Skin in the game!? wtf!
  • Options
    But what is being discussed about Charlton TV???🧐
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Hey ho.

Skin in the game!? wtf!
    Yes. Skin in the game by being a committed fan.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    But what is being discussed about Charlton TV???🧐
    Yup, come on. Give us an update now.
  • Options

Still not clear whether we have budget to pay transfer fees or whether we will just be doing free transfers until the takeover is done.

Time will tell I guess. Hopefully the former or 23/24 is screwed. Don’t see the takeover happening until after the season has started.
    Have those we've paid transfer fees for in recent years been more of an asset or more dependable than those we haven't? It's not about the price tag, it's about building a competitive team, although having money to spend on buying better players should help with that. 
  • Options

I think its quite clear, but whether Sandgaard will want to pay any fees is a different matter.

I think Storrie has cleared up the issue around transfer embargo's (we knew that already as the EFL publishes a list now of any club under one) and he says any player purchases get agreed with the new owners before pursuing. However, as I posted on here & other threads today, whether TS will part with ANY up front fee is a different matter.