Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - June 2023 minutes p2

13»

Comments

• Options
    Needs a train travellers rep Elfs...
    I'll do the organising if you can distribute the tickets.
  • Options
    Sounds like a lot of past quotes rechurned.

Still not clear whether we have budget to pay transfer fees or whether we will just be doing free transfers until the takeover is done.

Time will tell I guess. Hopefully the former or 23/24 is screwed. Don’t see the takeover happening until after the season has started.
    I think its quite clear, but whether Sandgaard will want to pay any fees is a different matter.

I think Storrie has cleared up the issue around transfer embargo's (we knew that already as the EFL publishes a list now of any club under one) and he says any player purchases get agreed with the new owners before pursuing. However, as I posted on here & other threads today, whether TS will part with ANY up front fee is a different matter.
    In the same way that we're unwilling to part with any up front season ticket money until things become much clearer....
  • Options
    Would expect the full minutes to be put out by Charlton on Thursday 22nd June.  Why?
    Because fixtures, cup draws and players return to training can cover up reading the minutes for some fans.
    Await with interest if our questions have been answered.
  • Options
     Full notes from the meeting can be read by clicking here.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/fans-forum-notes-june-2023
  • Options
    4% didn't renew, I mentioned this didn't seem to tally with my conversations, but admitted we all live in our own bubbles. Someone mentioned to me later that quite a few might have renewed at the last minute.
  • Options
    I doubt that the takeover will be completed prior to the start of the season in seven weeks time. 

The 4% fall in season ticket purchases by mid-June is much lower than we all expected. Pretty impressive, given the absence of any real narrative for supporters to buy into.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    4% down (in June) isn’t 96% renewal, @razil. There is always a level of churn which will be well above that.

We are running behind a 25-year low in ST sales (except for peak Duchatelet), so the numbers may be better than expected but (understandably)  they are still poor by any objective standard.
  • Options
    clive said:
    What kind of sadist wants a season DVD?!
    It's only sadism if you make someone else watch it. If you're buying it for yourself, that's masochism.

Guilty as charged. 🤦
  • Options
    clive said:
    What kind of sadist wants a season DVD?!
    Someone like me who lives over 10,000 odd miles away. Not all our supporters live in UK.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More attendees at the meeting than members of the Methven consortium.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Can’t say the report from the meeting is encouraging.
    Hey ho.
    We were told it would take 6-8 weeks after the SPA was signed so they were always going to be in the early stages by this point.

If you mean signings it doesn’t tell us anything either way other than confirm the intention isn’t to wait until the takeover is completed.
    The theme that came across to me from the report is that Charlton have not supplied all the info the EFL and FA required, all the people are mystery figures, if and when a takeover happens and when that takes place Storrie buggers off, and the new people can do whatever they please so all previous bets are off. Storrie will watch uninvolved from the shore whilst others struggle with the storm.
    We were told at the start it would take 6-8 weeks so I don’t find it surprising we haven’t submitted everything yet. The amount they have to submit is partly why it takes that long.

Were you hoping the club were going to name those involved part way through the process? Since they weren’t named in the initial announcement we were always going to have to wait until it’s completed to hear more.

Not sure what your point is on new owners doing whatever they please?
    My point is that whatever Storrie says carries weight, if that’s the right way to put it, only up to the point that the mystery people acquire the club.
    As he says they can do whatever the hell they like, which is why I personally would like to know who the hell we’re dealing with. Storrie will be gone.
    It also reads to me that the EFL/FA process hasn’t even started anyway as those institutions wait for information to be submitted by the club.
    My skin in the game? Long term fan and season ticket holder having already bought for next season. If that counts for nothing, then my guess that Methven and Co view fans like me as mere ballast and can be treated with distain.
    (The unfulfilled threat by Methven of legal action reminds me of when Southall was sacking Chris Parkes, Mick Everett and others on the spot during a particularly florid example of his power and money trip).
    Maybe those who attended the meeting will say it was a worthwhile experience, but the report on the club website suggests otherwise to me.
    I think youn have been a fan slightly longer than me, but you have probably been more committed. Over the time we have followed the Club, through Glikstein, Nigerian Princes, Hulyer, Fryer, Alwen, Murray v1.0, Murray v2.0, the spivs, Duchatalet and now Sandgaard, apart from a brief period at the end of the 90s and into the early 20s we have been ballast at best, it's nothing new and we will be again under this lot.
  • Options
    Have I missed whether a decision has been made to continue or discontinue with Charlton TV?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Have I missed whether a decision has been made to continue or discontinue with Charlton TV?
    CharltonTV
     HA said the EFL have done a deal with Sky Sports which starts from the 2024/25 season. She said it has some good advantages for supporters in the deal, including making them aware earlier of when games are being moved for television. HA said the club won’t be able to stream games in the UK. She asked if given that and the success of CharltonTV, will CharltonTV continue for the 2024/25 season. TR said the club has been pleased about how well CharltonTV was received. He said that it was important for fans during the pandemic and important for the club too in terms of generating revenue. He said that since then it has been helpful in growing a community of international supporters who are more engaged than ever in the club. He said it is still popular in the UK too. He said that the games the club can currently stream in the UK (midweek, international break etc.) provide important revenue to put the club in the position to continue to deliver CharltonTV. He said the streaming numbers aren’t the same level for the weekend games which can’t be streamed in the UK. He said with that in mind the club are looking at options around CharltonTV for the 2024/25 season. He said whatever happens the club will still be able to stream the games abroad, he said whether than presentation is the full CharltonTV production or a slightly dialled down version is something the club will be considering over the coming months. He said the club are aware how important CharltonTV is for international supporters and want to make sure the club can put on as good a product as possible for them. AF asked is CharltonTV would be the normal setup for this season. TR said the plan at this stage is that the club are moving ahead with CharltonTV in the same setup as last season for the upcoming season. 
    https://cdn.charltonafc.com/sites/default/files/2023-06/Fans' Forum June 2023.pdf
  • Options
    I suspect the club’s figures on overseas streaming are as reliable as the home attendance figures, but it probably suits everyone to let Thomas think they are accurate.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Can’t say the report from the meeting is encouraging.
    Hey ho.
    We were told it would take 6-8 weeks after the SPA was signed so they were always going to be in the early stages by this point.

If you mean signings it doesn’t tell us anything either way other than confirm the intention isn’t to wait until the takeover is completed.
    The theme that came across to me from the report is that Charlton have not supplied all the info the EFL and FA required, all the people are mystery figures, if and when a takeover happens and when that takes place Storrie buggers off, and the new people can do whatever they please so all previous bets are off. Storrie will watch uninvolved from the shore whilst others struggle with the storm.
    We were told at the start it would take 6-8 weeks so I don’t find it surprising we haven’t submitted everything yet. The amount they have to submit is partly why it takes that long.

Were you hoping the club were going to name those involved part way through the process? Since they weren’t named in the initial announcement we were always going to have to wait until it’s completed to hear more.

Not sure what your point is on new owners doing whatever they please?
    My point is that whatever Storrie says carries weight, if that’s the right way to put it, only up to the point that the mystery people acquire the club.
    As he says they can do whatever the hell they like, which is why I personally would like to know who the hell we’re dealing with. Storrie will be gone.
    It also reads to me that the EFL/FA process hasn’t even started anyway as those institutions wait for information to be submitted by the club.
    My skin in the game? Long term fan and season ticket holder having already bought for next season. If that counts for nothing, then my guess that Methven and Co view fans like me as mere ballast and can be treated with distain.
    (The unfulfilled threat by Methven of legal action reminds me of when Southall was sacking Chris Parkes, Mick Everett and others on the spot during a particularly florid example of his power and money trip).
    Maybe those who attended the meeting will say it was a worthwhile experience, but the report on the club website suggests otherwise to me.
    I think youn have been a fan slightly longer than me, but you have probably been more committed. Over the time we have followed the Club, through Glikstein, Nigerian Princes, Hulyer, Fryer, Alwen, Murray v1.0, Murray v2.0, the spivs, Duchatalet and now Sandgaard, apart from a brief period at the end of the 90s and into the early 20s we have been ballast at best, it's nothing new and we will be again under this lot.
    I don’t think that’s quite right. I think from the Valley Party until 2010 fans had more involvement in the club than at any other at a comparable level, whether that was on the board  or the staff, via the old CASC or through Target 10,000, Target 40,000 and shareholder meetings. Much but not all the credit for that belonged to Richard Murray and Martin Simons. It wasn’t a few years at the end of the 90s and into the early 2000s. It was 20 years and it defined the club.
    I accept that, the point really was that most of our history we have been ballast.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Solidgone said:
    CharltonTV
     HA said the EFL have done a deal with Sky Sports which starts from the 2024/25 season. She said it has some good advantages for supporters in the deal, including making them aware earlier of when games are being moved for television. HA said the club won’t be able to stream games in the UK. She asked if given that and the success of CharltonTV, will CharltonTV continue for the 2024/25 season. TR said the club has been pleased about how well CharltonTV was received. He said that it was important for fans during the pandemic and important for the club too in terms of generating revenue. He said that since then it has been helpful in growing a community of international supporters who are more engaged than ever in the club. He said it is still popular in the UK too. He said that the games the club can currently stream in the UK (midweek, international break etc.) provide important revenue to put the club in the position to continue to deliver CharltonTV. He said the streaming numbers aren’t the same level for the weekend games which can’t be streamed in the UK. He said with that in mind the club are looking at options around CharltonTV for the 2024/25 season. He said whatever happens the club will still be able to stream the games abroad, he said whether than presentation is the full CharltonTV production or a slightly dialled down version is something the club will be considering over the coming months. He said the club are aware how important CharltonTV is for international supporters and want to make sure the club can put on as good a product as possible for them. AF asked is CharltonTV would be the normal setup for this season. TR said the plan at this stage is that the club are moving ahead with CharltonTV in the same setup as last season for the upcoming season. 
    https://cdn.charltonafc.com/sites/default/files/2023-06/Fans' Forum June 2023.pdf
    @clive thanks Clive