Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket 2023/24 Thread

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Anyone want to hazard a guess at how many will have been sold when the early bird window slams shut tonight?
    Will they even announce it?
  • Options
    I didn’t bother going to the last 7/8 home games last season as I lost interest and I hated the fact I lost interest, I’m gonna renew today because it’s what I’ve done for a number of years through good & bad and I don’t want to lose interest in my club, I would happily join a organised mass protest against buying season tickets but that’s not going to happen, so I will buy cause I don’t want to give up on something that’s been with me most of my life even though at the moment it’s not very good. 

• Options
    Just to add to my earlier post today about unsubscribing from emails......postman has just been and they've sent me a reminder about losing my seat today unless I renew by 11.59 pm! Think I'll take that chance!
  • Options
    Renewed my two yesterday with some reluctance I must add. Season ticket holder for 35 years and it’s the first time I seriously considered not bothering. But the reason I did was because I thought if I quit now, that would be it and probably wouldn’t bother ever going again. Spoke to the ticket office yesterday to renew and whilst the person was very helpful, sounded really down. I’m not surprised. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Ed, removed as might come across wrong 
  • Options
    Such is the apathy that TS has created I think the odds are stacked in every current ST holder’s favour that their seat will remain still available right up to the start of the season. I will renew when TS has left and when I see us signing some quality.

if I do not renew, won’t stop me going to home games, but will be doubling down on away game attendance to ensure I cheer the team on.
  • Options
    Me and mate not even considering renewing until the half season tickets released. Regardless of ownership. We'll pick and choose games to go to until then. Both are just apathetic and have other things to do with our lives. 
  • Options
    Would have renewed but my son who I attend with is off to college overseas this summer so decided against just getting the one for me and will just purchase as and when I want to go. Not loving all the shenanigans going on but will miss attending with him and always hopeful good times are around the corner although the corner seems a long way off at present.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not renewed so far, not willing to at least until we understand what the squad looks like - don’t think it’s fair to hold a gun to fans heads in light of the current uncertainty about the team and the ownership. 

The deadline could and should be extended until at least August and this is what I’ve said in feedback to the club.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    A club sponsor well known to people on here commented on twitter that the club had sold 5,500 season tickets earlier this week.

Last season when the Early bird deadline was done the club had sold 6,491 season tickets (9th May 2022)

If this figure until the end of May is correct then sales are down as compared by around a thousand to last year. (With a few hours to go of this seasons early bird deadline)

Charlton have a hardcore of 5 to 6 thousand fans who will buy season tickets regardless of who owns the club. These people will buy one until they are unable to do so.

Last season the club sold just under 8,000 season tickets, they wont sell that figure this summer if a new owner is not forthcoming 

However mine will be renewed this afternoon 

15% ish down, keep similar sales going and we'll have 6500 ST holders and many sub 10k attendances... which is pretty bleak.
  • Options
    I renewed mine. Was going anyway but maybe not all the games due to family. £285 for 23 games in the north lower isn't bad value no matter how bad we are 
  • Options
    When do reserved seats get released? 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    When do reserved seats get released? 
    Friday’s phase one deadline is also the seat release deadline, with all seats made available for general sale when season tickets go back on sale at phase two pricing on Monday, June 5th.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/phase-one-season-tickets-buy-1159pm
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    It’s not all about monetary value though. It’s about enjoyment / entertainment value too.

I will renew if the takeover happens and I see investment in the team to give us a chance to make the top 6 (that would make me want to go to every game).

If there isn’t though and we still have TS (+ only free transfers in the door) come mid July the season will be over in Feb again ….& I’ll be stuck with a season ticket I’m not that bothered about using during the second half of the season.

I love the club as much as everyone else on here but do I want to see sub standard football against the likes of Port Vale, Cambridge etc week in week out as we battle for a better mid table finish than Shrewsbury? Not really. 

I’m sure I will always go to games but I’d much rather pick & choose those fixtures if the 2nd scenario above happens.

…& let’s face it. The 2nd outcome looks more likely by the day (bearing in mind no SPA is signed and even when it is the EFL will require weeks to put new owners through the OADT).

From my perspective If new owners aren’t approved by the EFL & actually in the door by mid July (latest) then next season is a write off.
  • Options
    I renewed late last night after much agonising. I stayed away under RD but missed going. I renewed because now I’m retired I like the change of scenery on a Saturday and was worried if I didn’t renew then I might stop going completely, with a season ticket I’ll go so I get my money’s worth.

In addition in the next two or so years we are likely to move to Norfolk so I’m sure then my attendance will decline so I want to make the most of going to The Valley whilst I can.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Have CASTrust paid the twitter fee to be able to edit their tweets? I blummin’ hope so
  • Options
    Renewed tonight. As a club we desperately need a good start to be amongst the top 6 at a minimum. 

Zero chance I get to all 23. Have to hope don’t miss the Portsmouth or Derby game as the rest of the 21 team look very dull.
  • Options
    Renewed this afternoon, had a ST since Selhurst, then missed about 18 months with Roland, bought a half ST when ESI took over. I’m not happy with what’s going on at the club, but life is too short. I missed going to home games during my self abandonment and I don’t think Roland missed me not attending.
    A cracking post, nailed it.
  • Options
    Renewed this afternoon, had a ST since Selhurst, then missed about 18 months with Roland, bought a half ST when ESI took over. I’m not happy with what’s going on at the club, but life is too short. I missed going to home games during my self abandonment and I don’t think Roland missed me not attending.
    I renewed last night. I really hoped to have a new owner to "welcome" with my purchase, but ultimately I'll still be going anyway, so pointless waiting any longer.

Got a somewhat pointless ST reminder in the post this morning. 
  • Options
    Similar to me although I only restarted my season ticket in 1998.
    No-one suffered during my absence but me and I missed the promotion season.
    I gave in for the final at Wembley but had to sit high up in the stands as I had no loyalty points and felt a bit of a fraud for attending if I'm honest.
    So no more boycotts from me unless everyone joins in.
  • Options
    The thing is that some of us are sticking to our guns until TS departs the scene BUT will continue to attend home matches, purchasing our tickets as soon as they're on sale/printing them off at home. 

We ARE supporting the team but not the owner who we don't trust to misuse /pocket the up front lump sums. 

We also have a 19 & 16  year old in our family group and although they are fully committed at present, they almost certainly will have  " better offers" during next season IYKWIM.