Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crossbar Challenge

Thought todays might have done it.

But no. Can we get somebody who can at least kick a ball.

Comments

• Options
    conker said:
    Thought todays might have done it.

But no. Can we get somebody who can at least kick a ball.
    More fool the individual who had a go at it. You can at least pick someone else to do it your behalf. 
  • Options
    I think they had.
  • Options
    It’s entertaining at least. When someone does hit the bar ….it does bring a smile
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited March 2023
    It’s a bit laughable when they can barely kick the ball. Seems to be more often than not which is a bit sad. 
  • Options
    Where do they kick it from ? 
  • Options
    Do you have to be in Valley goal to do the crossbar challenge as I’d love to have a go?
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Do you have to be in Valley goal to do the crossbar challenge as I’d love to have a go?
    Entrants will alternate between a Valley Gold member selected at random by the Valley Gold administrator in the week prior to the fixture, and a Jackpot ticket purchaser from the previous fixture.
  • Options
    It's a bit of a laugh after all, mind you if you are seriously trying to achieve anything, at least wear a pair of boots ffs, yesterdays guy was always gonna get nowhere wearing trainers...😂
  • Options
    What has happened to the crossbeer challenge that TS introduced? Seemed to have died a death, bit like his tenure.
  • Options
    We have the worst set of footballing fans going , it’s not believable how many bad attempts we get 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mum got the email last week for the crossbar challenge tomorrow, she's not doing it so I guess her kid is going to have to step up for her!
  • Options
    Enjoy, guys

Do some bloody practice, eh!
  • Options
    practice is pointless. 
    Have a look at the ball they use !
  • Options
    Yeah the ball they use is a liberty, like one of the ones you used to get for quid out of Woolworths 
  • Options
    practice is pointless. 
    Have a look at the ball they use !
    I've kicked it :)
  • Options
    Yeah the ball they use is a liberty, like one of the ones you used to get for quid out of Woolworths 
    I did it a couple of years ago and I couldn’t believe how light the ball was . So much so I over compensated and didn’t hit the ball hard enough. I hit the back of the net but I wasn’t really close to the bar . 

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    My mum got the email last week for the crossbar challenge tomorrow, she's not doing it so I guess her kid is going to have to step up for her!
    Wear some studs so you don't end up on your arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 shilling floater, as purchased from Bobs Newagent Maxey Rd circa 1969
  • Options
    I can only think it’s so the old boys can get a bit more float on it. 
  • Options
    Anyone know if the ball be at any point on the D or must it be furthest from goal?
  • Options
    Anyone know if the ball be at any point on the D or must it be furthest from goal?
    Anywhere on the D.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    What ?
    are you telling me it’s not a proper standard football ?
    fuck that, if I get picked I’m bringing my own proper ball before I gently clip it on to the bar 

I'd bring mine as well - the last one I bought.

Vintage Leather Football 12 Panel Lace Up Old Soccer Ball Micky Size 4

Liar!, you never bought that, you nicked it off Micky!
  • Options
    I placed mine in line with a post 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Didn't you just have a serious knee op? Brave lad @sam3110
  • Options
    On my standing leg, not the swinging leg! Anyway I'm not actually doing it, I don't want to spoil the so called "surprise" though
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    On my standing leg, not the swinging leg! Anyway I'm not actually doing it, I don't want to spoil the so called "surprise" though
    Is Andy Hunt doing it for you?