Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crossbar Challenge

2»

Comments

• Options
    I play this with my 3 young sons. A few weeks ago I got 4 in a row. I'm not a Valley Gold  member though. 
  • Options
    She had good form, but not quite enough ooommmpphhh unfortunately.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    She had good form, but not quite enough ooommmpphhh unfortunately.
    She blamed it on the ball, said it's too light so you're scared you'll sky it, but weirdly it doesn't like to lift off the floor when you kick it, whatever that means🤷🏻‍♂️

Told her she did better than many attempts I've seen
  • Options
    Is it not a ball the team train with? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    On my standing leg, not the swinging leg! Anyway I'm not actually doing it, I don't want to spoil the so called "surprise" though
    Is Andy Hunt doing it for you?
    Haha no, but my sister is doing it, first female to ever attempt it I believe?
    Not the first at all. One woman very very nearly hit the bar a couple of years ago 
  • Options
    Decent hit tonight tho! 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Nope. 
    Watch how the adjudicator lady scoops it up quick as a flash and dashes off. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    On my standing leg, not the swinging leg! Anyway I'm not actually doing it, I don't want to spoil the so called "surprise" though
    Not the first at all. One woman very very nearly hit the bar a couple of years ago 
    Fair enough, they told her she was the first female to take part, they must have missed someone before
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Leuth said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Fair enough, they told her she was the first female to take part, they must have missed someone before
    Poor staff handover. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Its a Mitre, Delta Replica size 5 only £5 on Amazon.
  • Options
    Went to pick up my 12 year old grandson from school on Friday and as he came across the playground he threw the ball to me "here you go Granddad".  i neatly trapped on my thigh did a nice keepy uppy before giving it a John Smith "ave it". Felt my calf pop and collapsed in agony to the amusement of his mates.  Got a torn calf muscle and got home with the news that my name has come up for the cross bar challenge.  Couldn't make it up. I'm going to make him do the challenge for me.
    Didn't do bad did he.  Hit the bar a few times in practice at Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Went to pick up my 12 year old grandson from school on Friday and as he came across the playground he threw the ball to me "here you go Granddad".  i neatly trapped on my thigh did a nice keepy uppy before giving it a John Smith "ave it". Felt my calf pop and collapsed in agony to the amusement of his mates.  Got a torn calf muscle and got home with the news that my name has come up for the cross bar challenge.  Couldn't make it up. I'm going to make him do the challenge for me.
    Didn't do bad did he.  Hit the bar a few times in practice at Sparrows Lane.
    In the efforts that I’ve seen definitely in the top 10% . And knew exactly the best spot to place the ball. Great go at it