Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boys of Summer 2023

Comments

• Options
    Live coverage on BBC  Red button now. 
  • Options
    Horrible outing for Kershaw last night, hoping the Dodgers can get back on track tonight. Phillips could be the team to beat in the NL.
  • Options
    Phillies

• Options
    My DBacks rolling last night, long may it continue, everyone focusing on our smallball game and the base running and we come out and muscle a bunch over the fences so far this postseason
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Each series so far… best of five… none of the four #1/#2 seeds were able to take both home games. Rangers, Twins, Phillies and Diamondbacks hosting the next two matches (if required)…

Orioles 0-2 Rangers
    Astros 1-1 Twins
    Braves 1-1 Phillies
    Dodgers 0-2 Diamondbacks
  • Options
    I am nominally a Mets fan although don’t follow that closely- will often watch first hour of whatever the game on BT sport is from 12-1am. 

I think I will choose Baltimore to cheer on this post season 
  • Options
    which is probably gonna have to be reviewed after their next game 
  • Options
    Rangers advance to the ALCS for the first time since 2011 after sweeping the Orioles.
  • Options
    Little bit late but a couple of pics from the Blue Jays v Red Sox game I attended in September. Roughly £18 for a ticket, so very good value. So you don't need to look it up Red Sox's levelled in bottom of the 9th only for Blue Jays to win 2-1 in their 9th innings.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Astros defeat the Twins 3-1 and 3-2 on the night to set up an all-Texan ALCS.

Seven years in a row they’ve reached the ALCS. Only one longer run than that, by the ‘90s Braves who reached the NLCS eight years running.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dodgers swept by the Diamondbacks in the NL. Phillies leading the Braves 2-1 in the last remaining divisional series.
  • Options
    Just caught up with the game. Wow, to sweep both opponents so far, after barely scraping into the postseason, it's immense.

Doesn't matter what happens against the Braves or the Phillies, we'll be the huge underdog, yet again, no-one will expect us to do anything, yet again, but we'll just keep rolling and keep embracing the chaos
  • Options
    Looks like the Braves have run out of steam. No match for the Phillies last night. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    watched the first half of Braves/Phillies last night

the crowd was loud .
  • Options
    Well done Arizona for beating my Dodgers, we never recovered from Lynn giving up the early homers. I would still make the Phillies favourites to take out Atlanta tonight and probable win the NL penant. Fascinating all Texas ALCS.  The Rangers hiring of Bruce Bochy has proved very successful, but the Astros have so much post season experience it's hard to bet against them. Could we be looking at a repeat Astros v Phillies World Series?
  • Options
    Astros fan but can't see past the Rangers winning it all unfortunately.
  • Options
    Phillies down the Braves 3-1 on the night and 3-1 in the series.

- ALCS: #2 Houston Astros v #5 Texas Rangers

- NLCS: #4 Philadelphia Phillies v #6 Arizona Diamondbacks
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Bookmaker prices to win the WS as of this evening…

Phillies 7/4
    Astros 2/1
    Rangers 3/1
    Diamondbacks 5/1

Comparing the regular season records: Phillies would hold home field advantage over Astros and Rangers, while the AL teams would both have home field against the Diamondbacks.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    For both years since the expansion of the Wild Card slots, the NLCS Final is to be between 2 Wild Cards.
    Yes, they have an extra series to win and yes they have momentum coming into the post-season but the week's inaction is a meaningful handicap to the teams that have excelled for the duration of the Regular Season.
    I've said it before, have as many Wild Cards as you like to keep the season alive for as many clubs as possible but unless they're whittled down to 1 to challenge the 3 Divisional Winners, it makes a mockery of the Regular Season.
  • Options

Phillies 7/4
    Astros 2/1
    Rangers 3/1
    Diamondbacks 5/1

Comparing the regular season records: Phillies would hold home field advantage over Astros and Rangers, while the AL teams would both have home field against the Diamondbacks.

Phillies would have home field advantage over Astros but not vs Rangers. All three teams have the same record. Rangers swept the Phillies in the opening series of the season so they have the tie breaker I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    el-pietro said:

Phillies 7/4
    Astros 2/1
    Rangers 3/1
    Diamondbacks 5/1

Phillies would have home field advantage over Astros but not vs Rangers. All three teams have the same record. Rangers swept the Phillies in the opening series of the season so they have the tie breaker I believe.

Thanks for that, my mistake. I knew Phillies had homefield over the Astros and that Astros had homefield over the Rangers so I mistakenly assumed that meant Phillies had homefield over both.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Not sure on the latest odds but it's looking very likely a Rangers Phillies WS with both teams holding a 2-0 advantage in their respective Championship Series.

Rangers more impressive having won twice on the road, while the Phillies won both their games at home and will now travel to Phoenix...

Tonight's Game 3 is surely must win for the Astros or they'll have to "reverse sweep" to make it back to the World Series...
  • Options
    Nothing against the Astros, but I’d rather they didn’t make it to another WS. They’ve had plenty of success in recent years, so it’d be nice to see some different teams at the end. As the Phillies got to the WS last year too, then ideally the Dbacks can come back at them.
    Worst case scenario is a repeat of last year’s match up.
    But having said all that, none of my favourite teams are involved and I can’t even support whoever is playing the Damn Yankees, so I’m not all that bothered who wins! 😂
  • Options
    A much tighter game 3 has pulled the DBacks back into contention
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    sam3110 said:
    A much tighter game 3 has pulled the DBacks back into contention
    A great game with a walk off for the Diamondbacks. Really enjoyable.

Currently the Astros are leading 7-3 in the fourth inning at the Rangers, having pulled the series back to a 2-1 deficit yesterday.
  • Options
    Astros won 10-3.

Series 2-2 and not a single home win.

Back to the Game 1 pitchers for Game 5.
  • Options
    What a finish to Game 5…
  • Options
    The Diamondbacks put on their own late show turnaround to level the series with the Phillies at two apiece.

After both series having 2-0 starts, they’ve been very competitive and made for great viewing.
  • Options
    2 Brilliant games last night, with comeback wins for the Astros & Diamondbacks. I would still go Astros & Phillies to come through but nothing is predictable in these 2 great series.