Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boys of Summer 2023

124»

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately I think we needed to go into game 6 3-2 up to have a chance (and even then it would have been tough) but I just can't see us picking up 2 wins on the road at Philly, especially the way they've been batting all series
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Game 7 about to get underway in Houston.

Just as the Diamondbacks are on the brink of forcing their own Game 7 against the Phillies - leading 5-1 after eight innings.
  • Options
    Managed to keep the Philly bats and the Philly crowd very quiet tonight, super aggressive base running too really forced the issue
  • Options
    Rangers take Game 7 and head to the World Series.
  • Options
    Diamondbacks saw the Rangers win games 6 & 7 on the road and decided they wanted to do that too.

Rangers Diamondbacks World Series starts this coming Friday in Arlington Texas.
  • Options
    Wow, what a way to make it to the World Series! Yet again every pundit and expert before the series started had Phillies to march on, but we had other ideas.

Marte has now played in 16 postseason games and recorded a hit in every single one
  • Options
    Looking forward to what should be a fascinating series between 2 teams few expected to be there but they are both thoroughly deserving. Hoping for a close and long series. With no confidence at all I'll go Rangers in 6.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Rangers win game 1 with an 11th inning walk off home run.

Diamondbacks led 5-3 until the bottom of the 9th inning.
  • Options
    So frustrating, we just kept walking batsmen you shouldn't walk. The number 9 hitter we walked twice in a row and prolonged innings because of it, and it was our downfall in the end 
  • Options
    Emphatic response from the Dbacks, taking Game 2 by eight runs. 9-1 final score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank God for that. Now just need to win the 3 home games and the World Series is ours baby! 🥸

Still slightly disappointed it's not 2-0 already but if you asked me at the start if I'll take 1-1 going into the 3rd game then I absolutely would have
  • Options

Had the hat for a while, finally got the jersey to match for my birthday today! Let's Go DBacks!
  • Options
    Rangers back in front with a 3-1 win in Arizona last night. Pfaat pitched pretty well for the DBacks but the problem they have is that the Rangers have Corey Seager, the best hitter on either team. Keep him quiet and the DBacks still have a decent chance.
  • Options
    Through five innings it’s looking like a long way back for the Dbacks to level the series tonight. Rangers leading 10-1.
  • Options
    DBacks made it a bit more respectable late on but Rangers win 11-7 and are now 1 win away from winning the Series. Amazingly they have now won all 10 Post Season games on the road.
  • Options
    Need something special now, but still not counting out the DBacks to win the next 2 to make it 3-3, just the kind of thing we've done every time we've been written off
  • Options
    Shame we couldn't do it at the final hurdle, but what a season!

Texans going 11-0 on the road in the postseason is absolutely unheard of, and to think in 2021 they lost 102 games, and the Diamondbacks lost even more that season at 110! 

From a personal standpoint, I can't wait to see this young team develop together, Thomas, Carroll Perdomo and Moreno in particular, we have a couple of fantastic prospects too in Lawlar and Druw Jones (son of 10 time Gold Glove winner Andruw Jones) and Marte is one of the best players in the league right now.
  • Options
    Congrats to the Rangers on winning their first World Series. Gallen actually pitched very well for the DBacks but their offence missed a number of chances to give them the lead before Texas started to hit late on. The Rangers superior hitting was probably the key, but this game and particularly Game 1 could easily have gone the other way. 
  • Options
    Ohtani signing with the Dodgers.

$70 million per year on a 10 year contract.
  • Options
    It’s amazing that even though I am rubbish at baseball, between us, me and Ohtani average $35m per year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can’t justify that money in my head with the risk that he won’t even pitch the same again post TJ surgery.

But the Dodgers don’t seem to care about wage bills … same as the Wankees. 

I’m just hoping us Red Sox - another big market team - finally start acting like one and spend some cash. 
  • Options
    Dodger$ gonna try and buy another World Series