Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most goals you've witnessed in a game involving Charlton

The 6-0 win got me thinking about other high-scoring games. I was the only Lifer to miss out on the 7-6 Huddersfield game it seems, but I think my top three are:

Metropolitan League: Charlton 'A' v Snowdown Colliery 6-6 (12 goals)
Charlton v Plymouth 6-4 (10 goals)
Charlton v Apoel Nicosia 9-0 (9 goals)

I don't know if someone from the @CharltonAthMuseum can confirm I've got my facts right about the Snowdown Colliery game. I also have a vague memory of a high-scoring reserve friendly against Millwall (5-4, 4-5 or 5-5). Have I missed any? Can anyone beat these?

Comments

• Options
    5-4 v Qpr at the Valley?
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers away 1978. 5-5.

A few weeks before that, a 5-4 win away at Chesterfield in the league cup.
  • Options
    5-5 away to Bristol Rovers in 1977.

Anybody on here see the 6-6 v Middlesbrough? 
  • Options
    Charlton 5-4 Cardiff

Almost missed it as well, as left my Season Ticket @ home when I went to work, thinking we were away that day
  • Options
    I am one of the 100,000 who watched the 7-6 game  :D
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Same here, at the age of -3 years.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    ross1 said:
    Same here, at the age of -3 years.
    My Dad saw the game and I have some of his genes (though not his jeans). Does that count?
  • Options
    9 - the two 5-4 wins v Wimbledon & Cardiff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    5-4 v Cardiff in 2012, if it wasn't for the extra stoppage time added it would have ended 5-2!
  • Options
    Do we mean in an attended game or is TV/Valley Pass/Charlton TV okay?

If so Stevenage 0-8 Charlton

Live there's been a couple of 4-4 results. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I saw the Hudds 7-6 still got the programme. Also Middlesbrough 6-6. I may be wrong but I seem to remember Cloughie getting a hat trick and I think one of ours got a hat trick as well. 
  • Options
    Can't beat the 5-4 vs Cardiff

The only other time I've seen 9 goals in a game was Dartford losing 6-3 at home to Sutton in the FA Cup in 2016
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the game against Apoel Nicosia when we won 9-0. I seem to remember Rodney Green scored a hattrick. I don't know if I am imagining this, but I think one of the Apoel players broke their glasses during the game.
  • Options
    5-5 away to Bristol Rovers in 1977.

Anybody on here see the 6-6 v Middlesbrough? 
    I like the sound of that, am off to the rovers match, 3rd visit.
  • Options
    Charlton v Sunderland play off final if you include penalties.
  • Options
    Can't beat the 5-4 vs Cardiff

The only other time I've seen 9 goals in a game was Dartford losing 6-3 at home to Sutton in the FA Cup in 2016
    Thankyou I thought it was QPR!
  • Options
    10, Back in the 70's. 5-5 against Bristol Rovers. I still, to this day, cant believe we scored 5 away from home and managed to let them back in the game repeatedly.
    Also at the 4-4 v Ipswich.
    Can't really include the play off game in 98, penalties don't count on the final score. We didn't win 9-8.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 6-6 game with Boro

• Options
    I saw 30 goals to 12 scored. However that was Australian rules. my AFL team Carlton v Hawthorn. On a serious note I did see the 6all against Middlesbrough. I missed the 7 To 6 re Huddersfield as my Palace supporting second cousin did not want to go to any football match as it was close to Xmas. I was only 10 so was not allowed to go alone. My parents had a lot to answer for. God bless them.
  • Options
    Huddersfield 7-6.My first ever game stood in the coverd end and i think most of the goals went in at the other end
  • Options
    Charlton  4-4 Millwall i think 
  • Options
    Wimbledon 4 Charlton 5 so 9 . Peter Garland scored a stunning goal 
  • Options
    4-4 play off final 

Or actual league game

Charlton 1-6 Leeds 
  • Options
    Trouble with memory - tend to remember most the matches at the beginning of your time at the Valley, but find you get the scores wrong. So consulted Cameron ' home & away 20-92'
    Sept 53 Charlton 8 - Boro 1
    Oct 60   Charlton 7 ( Summers 5)   - Pompey 4
    Oct 60.  Charlton 6 - Boro 6 ( Clough 3)
  • Options
    Brighton 3 Charlton 5 in the mid-80s, was also at the 7-0 Brighton win the season before...

• Options
    The most I've seen is the 6-2 win over Southampton (who had the likes of Mick Channon and Ted MacDougall in their side) in the mid 70s. I was also at the earlier 6-0 win over Swansea and 6-1 defeat of Notts County that were just a few weeks apart. 
  • Options
    Some people are giving their ages away on this thread!