Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most goals you've witnessed in a game involving Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    5-5 away to Bristol Rovers in 1977.

Anybody on here see the 6-6 v Middlesbrough? 
    Yes.
  • Options
    Trouble with memory - tend to remember most the matches at the beginning of your time at the Valley, but find you get the scores wrong. So consulted Cameron ' home & away 20-92'
    Sept 53 Charlton 8 - Boro 1
    Oct 60   Charlton 7 ( Summers 5)   - Pompey 4
    Oct 60.  Charlton 6 - Boro 6 ( Clough 3)
    I also saw the two 1960 games at The Valley…..very happy days……oh to turn the clock back.😔
  • Options
    Trouble with memory - tend to remember most the matches at the beginning of your time at the Valley, but find you get the scores wrong. So consulted Cameron ' home & away 20-92'
    Sept 53 Charlton 8 - Boro 1
    Oct 60   Charlton 7 ( Summers 5)   - Pompey 4
    Oct 60.  Charlton 6 - Boro 6 ( Clough 3)
    And Dennis Edwards 3, in that last match.
  • Options
    I remember a 6-4 win over Plymouth in the early 60’s. We played them a few days later (I think it was over the Christmas period) and Argyle won this one 6-4.
  • Options
    The 5-4 against Cardiff, what a game, I loved that team. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btaofZnfbzE
  • Options
    4-4 draw with Sunderland in 1998 at Wembley…..plus the 13 other goals that followed!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Wimbledon 4 Charlton 5, league cup, Bowyer with a hat trick.
    The start of one of the most amazing couple of weeks as the second leg was 3-3 and in between the 2 games we put 5 past Ipswich away with a Leaburn sr. hat trick
  • Options
    Several 8’s for me. 
    4-4 Millwall.
    4-4 West Ham
    6-2 Soton
    5-3 Barnsley

• Options
    First high scoring game I saw was the 5-3 home win against Fulham in the 68/69 season.
    100 pound a week Johnny Haynes pulling Fulham strings in midfield but not tight enough !
  • Options
    9-0 Apoel Nicosia 67
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5-5 Bristol Rovers away 
  • Options
    Same - 5-5 Bristol Rovers. Crazy game

A couple of 8’s - the 6-2 over Southampton on a Friday night, when Southampton had a couple of internationals in their side, and 5-3 over Barnsley when we were 0-3 down after about 30 minutes, and they had a Futcher sent off to start our comeback. 
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the game against Apoel Nicosia when we won 9-0. I seem to remember Rodney Green scored a hattrick. I don't know if I am imagining this, but I think one of the Apoel players broke their glasses during the game.
    Was it the keeper?
  • Options
    Acab said:
    9-0 Apoel Nicosia 67
    157 goals? 

Pretty rare to score 67 away from home and lose, so you have to feel sorry for Nicosia. 

But Apoel must have gone for the jugular to end up with 90. 
  • Options
    Charlton 4 Walsall 2
    Charlton 5 Man City 0
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Also had another 8 this season in the 4-4 V Ipswich. 
  • Options
    5-3 Fulham was the first, 6-2 Southampton, 4-4 West Ham. I seem to remember a 5-3 against Barnsley but can't be certain. 
  • Options
    I had to miss the cup game against Burton but my Dad was there to see us win 7-0. Burton were non league. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    4-4 play off final 

Or actual league game

Charlton 1-6 Leeds 
    How could I forget 4-4 vs West Ham!! 
  • Options
    Saw us win 11-1 at Welling in a testimonial once, ironically Kevin Lisbie scored 5. Not the most, but the 8-0 at Stevenage was a nice surprise on a Tuesday night 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    5-3 Fulham was the first, 6-2 Southampton, 4-4 West Ham. I seem to remember a 5-3 against Barnsley but can't be certain. 
    Yep, we were 3 0 down too
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    The Cardiff game.

Incidentally, my second ever football match was Welling 5 Northwich 4 (Google tells me it was 29 September 1990), and I've never seen a game live (ignoring Sunday league!) with more goals in the 33 years since.
  • Options
    I seen some cracking matches down the years 

Bristol Rovers 5-5
    Burnley 4-4
    Cardiff 5-4
    Brighton 4-3
    Brighton 5-3
    West Ham 4-4
    Millwall 4-4
    Swansea 6-0
    Notts County 6-something
    Southampton 6-2

there are probably more but my memory is failing me
  • Options
    Most goals in a match I've seen involving Charlton (that I can remember):

9 ... Cardiff 5-4 (almost threw away a three-goal lead in injury time)
    8 ... West Ham 4-4 (JJ's overhead kick leveller in final minute)
    8 ... Ipswich 4-4 (two stoppage time goals to steal a point)
    7 ... Leeds 1-6 (absolute poo against relegation-threatened northerners)

Most goals in a match I've seen not involving Charlton:

23 ... West Coast 12.15.87 Collingwood 11.9.75 (Subiaco Oval Round 2 2007 ... West Coast unfurling their 2006 Premiership flag :D)
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the game against Apoel Nicosia when we won 9-0. I seem to remember Rodney Green scored a hattrick. I don't know if I am imagining this, but I think one of the Apoel players broke their glasses during the game.
    Must've been the goalie.