Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion | Easter Monday 10th April 2023 | KO 3.00 PM

Yet another chance to crawl up into the top 10...should results go our way, and 
of course should we be able to win and go one better than the reverse fixture
last year which finished in a high score draw 3-3, so fingers crossed...🤞
Here we go anyway...

Mandela Egbo makes his first Charlton start since October in today’s home game against Burton Albion at The Valley.

Macauley Bonne also returns to the starting line-up, as Miles Leaburn misses out after picking up a knock at Bristol Rovers on Friday. Speaking to CharltonTV pre-match, Manager Dean Holden explained the injury to Leaburn wasn't major and he could be back in contention as early as Saturday, when the Addicks travel to Ipswich Town.

Steven Sessegnon, who started Friday's game, isn't in the squad this afternoon as part of the club's ongoing management of his knee injury.

The changes mean the Addicks are expected to once again start in a 4-3-3 formation with Egbo, Ryan Inniss, Michael Hector and Terell Thomas in a back four in front of Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Skipper George Dobson, Albie Morgan and Scott Fraser make up a midfield three behind attacking trio Jes Rak-Sakyi, Bonne and Tyreece Campbell.

Kane is joined on the bench by Joe Wollacott, Zach Mitchell, Aaron Henry, Gavin Kilkenny, Jack Payne  and Daniel Kanu.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Egbo, Inniss, Hector, Thomas; Dobson (c), Morgan, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Bonne, Campbell

Substitutes: Wollacott, Kane, Mitchell, Henry, Kilkenny, Payne, Kanu

Great to see Egbo back into the starting line up, shame about Leaburn though, and good to see Todd Kane making it to the bench

Comments

• Options
    Pleased to see Egbo back in the team. Still 5/6 matches to show Holden his quality. 
  • Options
    When is CBT likely to be back  ?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    As Henry cannot get a game, does that mean:
     1. The club are reconciled to him leaving.
    2. He is not good enough
    3 Holden thinks a midfield of Morgan, Dobson, Fraser is good enough to get promotion (I don't)

• Options
    Is there a match on today?

• Options
    I'm not there again today. Pleased with my decision knowing Bonne is leading the line. 
  • Options
    Count how many times Bonne is offside today....
  • Options
    When is CBT likely to be back  ?
    Whenever his new club next come to The Valley.
  • Options
    I'm not there again today. Pleased with my decision knowing Bonne is leading ahead of the line. 
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Record low attendance for a league match today??

Nothing to play for coupled with lack of interest, the club needs this so called takeover to happen and hopefully people will get enthused again.

• Options
    Southbank said:
    2. He is not good enough
    3 Holden thinks a midfield of Morgan, Dobson, Fraser is good enough to get promotion (I don't)

Even if the boss thought that MDF was a promotion-winning midfield you need suitable replacements for freshness, injury cover etc.

I've liked what I've seen of Henry so far but he's not going to improve if he doesn't play!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see Egbo back. With Kane on the bench, we now have lots of RB options.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Must have thought they have turned up on the wrong day 
    It's a sad sight really though 
  • Options
    MacKeeper and Deji start for the oppo:

• Options
    Bonne goal feast on the cards today people...
  • Options
    Is that based on MacKeeper and Deji in the Burton starting line-up or do we have a ringer at full-forward wearing the No. 8 shirt?
  • Options
    Fatty-Lairweather to score the winner…absolutely guaranteed. 
    We are a joke of a club. 
  • Options
    Outrageous that we have probably stopped Kirk lining up against us.

It should have been compulsory for him to be included in their team against  us.
  • Options
    Wellred said:

To be fair, the turnstiles had only been open 15 minutes when I took that pic.

Mind you, it's only marginally better now ...
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    2. He is not good enough

Bit of a leap to say that because Henry, a young midfielder who hasn’t done a great deal with the appearances he’s had so far, isn’t playing we’re planning to start next season with same midfield. None of us know what Henry’s attitude is behind closed doors and there could be a number of reasons why he isn’t being selected. If he was some hidden gem of a really promising youngster he’d be playing. The fact he isn’t able to break into this team on merit, especially when so many other young players have been trusted this season, should really tell you all you need to know. 
  • Options
    Can someone boo there GK for me please. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bet MacG has a blinder!
  • Options
    You just know Mac will want to prove we were wrong to get rid of him..0-0 anybody!!
  • Options
    Wellred said:

I am just leaving to come now be there in about 5mins not many outside heading to the ground either 
  • Options
    You just know Mac will want to prove we were wrong to get rid of him..0-0 anybody!!
    If we're talking "proper Charlton", MacKeeper will play like he's been created from a mixture of DNA from Banks, Shilton and Zoff and have the best game of his career whilst AMB will concede an absolute howler a la Dean Kiely against Swindon in our Championship-winning season.
  • Options
    Oshilaja has more goals than him this season. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I'm backing Macauley to score again in the next 44 games
  • Options
    Morgan playing for his future here which is stifling Henry’s opportunity to show what he can do. 

If Bonne scores a hat trick (he won’t) I will cry all the way home, as it may open an unjustified door for next season!
  • Options
    Wellred said:

The fans bar looks reasonably full and upbeat and more so than the last home game. It’s a bank holiday and the weather’s been shit, what’s better than going to a football match or other sporting event on a day like this ?
  • Options
    Forgot MacGillivray played for them. 

Thought he did ok for us last season, especially the first few games where we were battered & he kept the scoreline respectable. 

Bet he plays a blinder for them today. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Brownie is in the comms box today, so look forward everybody to some in depth negativity...🙄
    Anyway nice to see Pearce in the studio with Charlotte and Curbs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!