Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 15th April 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    Just watched the 'highlights' - some amazing defending...
  • Options
    That hurt we was put in our place big time
    I said it before but changed my mind but that's definitely the last away game I go this season
    Just not going to waste good money to watch a team that can't turn up & give it a real go 

• Options
    As I said in the match thread. We were up against a top team. One going for promotion. A defeat was expected. 

But now our last 4 matches are against teams below us. In fact, all in the bottom 8. 1 in a relegation spot & 1 hovering just above it.

Should be no loses & hopefully 4 wins. Maybe a draw in there but they are all  winnable. 

But will we ??
    I’m not sure we will best MK Dons to be honest.

Being a mid table team we will sometimes beat the top teams, and sometimes lose to the bottom teams. It’s what mid table teams do. 
  • Options
    As I said in the match thread. We were up against a top team. One going for promotion. A defeat was expected. 

But now our last 4 matches are against teams below us. In fact, all in the bottom 8. 1 in a relegation spot & 1 hovering just above it.

Should be no loses & hopefully 4 wins. Maybe a draw in there but they are all  winnable. 

But will we ??
    We will, and then we’ll be tricked into the thinking the squad is just fine and only limited reinforcements are required in the summer. Then we’ll be just as bad next season.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only watched highlights,now obviously when you lose 6-0 the defence gets a load of stick,but they had more players in and around our areas for all the goals,this is down to midfielders not tracking back enough,Innis had on more than one occasion more than one player coming at him,same as Hector.On most pf the goals they had players over.Look at their fourth,we lost the ball in their half,and still got overrun.Sending off,a bit iffy,not clear what Innis did by the video,just looked as if the other guy was running and then went down but as I say unclear.
  • Options

But will we ??
    Seriously Golf?
  • Options
    PWR
    Gutless from beginning to end. Cheered goals 3, 4, 5 and 6, as there was no coming back from 2-0, let alone 3-0.
    There's no point in trying to paper over the cracks when those cracks are as wide as the Grand Canyon. I don't want any new owner to think that we've got a half decent squad that needs a couple of additions.
    This squad is shit.
    Unfortunately, I don't have any faith that next season will be any different. 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    And some of you want Morgan, bonne and innis to sign contracts.  Fucking  numpties 
    I'll sign a contract on them! Add Fraser to that list.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    When @clive gives a highest player’s mark of 4 and the rest 2 to 3 then you know we were really dire, which isn’t in doubt 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is without doubt one of the worst charlton teams I’ve seen in a long time know fight know pride funk off the lot of them 
  • Options
    When is the last time we lost by 6 or more?
    Whilst I’m really (well quite) upset at the result - this sort of thing used to happen - especially in the 70’s and early 80’s - shipped 7 at Brighton - 7 at Preston and Burnley I think - I remember one of those where in the days when you could get a Saturday afternoon news paper we were 1-1 at half time - we were out on the razzle in London an we managed to lose 7-1 - complete capitulation and a couple of players sent off. But almost immediately after those nonsense results things turned around - promotion beckoned and the sunlit uplands appeared. Funny thing football - we beat Brighton 5-3 at the Goldstone the year after that stuffing - best away game I’ve seen. Let’s see how they all - owner/manager/players react to this one…
  • Options
    Yet more evidence that we're nothing more than an average mid table league one team. Beating relegation fodder and getting a result in dead rubbers didn't mean much going forwards. Shock.

Outclassed today, they had better players and simply, played better. 

Our defence was directly to blame for at least 3 of those goals due to ball watching so perhaps those contract extensions for Inniss and Thomas can wait a little longer. Hector, surprisingly, the worst culprit, even with everyone's favourite feel good story getting sent off. Saying that there was a non existent midfield in front of them today.

Our attacking intent was hit it up for Bonne to hold/ flick on/ lay off to JRS and Campbell, the latter twos names were probably mentioned 5 times between the pair so no surprises we didn't threaten. 

Ahhh well if only the ref who was clearly an Ipswich fan* gave us the decisions we deserved who knows, maybe it could have been.....6-1 

*Tongue firmly in cheek

• Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Which players were smiling and joking? Anyone see

Fraser was definitely 1 of them

• Options
    Embarrassing result, talk about a bad day in the office, must have run out of paper, broadband was down, and the filing cabinets wouldn’t open.
  • Options
    This cuts deep, I cant quite put into words how low i feel right now. 
    Dont want to see Innis in a Charlton shirt again. 

Onto MK, Tueday night,    I WANT A RESPONSE FROM THIS SQUAD.
    You get paid the money, you wear the shirt... go out Tuesday night and show me you care!!
    IF NOT PISS OFF!