Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Knee trouble

13»

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Knee replacement next then .

I’ve felt shattered all day, till early evening , operated on at 10am .
    but can walk unaided can’t remember what I could do after first one , got plenty of painkillers and exercises to do , although if I’m honest I think I’m dead and in purgatory/hell looking at the scums position …no rest for the wicked 

nervous cos of early start this morning was on Central Line at 6am haven’t shit since 5am (mind over faecal matter )and usually have a good 2 or 3 more after the overnight action and got no size off early…

big night / morning ahead , loaded up on some Cadbury’s to help push it through or I have some sort of laxative they’ve given me as back up to get rid of my backed up 

best of luck today and for your recovery fella.  
    Totally unrelated - but has the ‘Homes under the hammer’ episode featuring your property been on yet ?
    Ha, good day to ask!  Today is the last day we've got people on site and house will be finally finished as of 5pm tonight.  HUTH film part 2 in a couple of months then it'll go on air shortly after that.
    Well done - any chance of some pics being posted on CL now ?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    _MrDick said:
    It might be worth speaking to your doctor and asking for a blood test. When I was in my late 30’s, I had problems with Bursitis and Tendonitis. It turns out I had the rheumatoid factor which was causing it. Steroid injections into the joints and anti-inflammatories, drinking loads of water to flush out the toxins and a change in diet cured me. 
    Gotten a lot worse the past 24 hours so had a feel around and seems to be the bursitis area (just below inner knee) and one of the associated tendons is source of at least some of my the discomfort/pain. More info at

https://www.knee-pain-explained.com/medial-knee-pain.html

And also this diagram on their bursitis page:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Knee replacement next then .

I’ve felt shattered all day, till early evening , operated on at 10am .
    but can walk unaided can’t remember what I could do after first one , got plenty of painkillers and exercises to do , although if I’m honest I think I’m dead and in purgatory/hell looking at the scums position …no rest for the wicked 

nervous cos of early start this morning was on Central Line at 6am haven’t shit since 5am (mind over faecal matter )and usually have a good 2 or 3 more after the overnight action and got no size off early…

big night / morning ahead , loaded up on some Cadbury’s to help push it through or I have some sort of laxative they’ve given me as back up to get rid of my backed up 

best of luck today and for your recovery fella.  
    Totally unrelated - but has the ‘Homes under the hammer’ episode featuring your property been on yet ?
    Ha, good day to ask!  Today is the last day we've got people on site and house will be finally finished as of 5pm tonight.  HUTH film part 2 in a couple of months then it'll go on air shortly after that.
    Well done - any chance of some pics being posted on CL now ?
    Check your inbox
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Had knee problems most of my adult life, came from growing too quick and playing about 20 hours of sport every week from the age of 12 to about 18. 

Had twinges, aches and pains ever since now and then, but in the last 6 months has been pretty constant and I can't walk without a slight limp. Have an appointment with a physiotherapist at the Vanbrugh in Greenwich next week, and hoping we can find out the problem from there. Thankfully I get private healthcare through AXA so if surgery is the only option at least I'm covered and the wait won't be as long
    Finally got my answer today after an MRI scan

Chronic medial meniscus tear requiring keyhole surgery
  • Options
    I've got bad knees and ankles. 
    All the advice I got from the medical professionals wasn't worth a wank. 

Someone recommended I use a rowing machine 3 or 4 times a week to strengthen them.
    It worked brilliantly for me.
    Maybe worth a try.
    Good luck.
    I've got bad knees and ankles. 
    All the advice I got from the medical professionals wasn't worth a wank. 

Someone recommended I use a rowing machine 3 or 4 times a week to strengthen them.
    It worked brilliantly for me.
    Maybe worth a try.
    Good luck.
    Try losing some weight tubby.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Had knee problems most of my adult life, came from growing too quick and playing about 20 hours of sport every week from the age of 12 to about 18. 

Had twinges, aches and pains ever since now and then, but in the last 6 months has been pretty constant and I can't walk without a slight limp. Have an appointment with a physiotherapist at the Vanbrugh in Greenwich next week, and hoping we can find out the problem from there. Thankfully I get private healthcare through AXA so if surgery is the only option at least I'm covered and the wait won't be as long

Good to get an answer at last. Hopefully can be fixed with the surgery.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

That’s a shame.  I hope the surgery works.  My right knee is mullered.  Tore my ACL when I was 19 and it never repaired properly, even after surgery.  That was 100% my fault as I was in my first year of Uni after I had the opp.  I didn’t do any rehab.  I could never play football again.  I tore it again in 2019 at Kung Fu, and that was after a cartilage tear in 2017.

I have no cartilage in my right knee now, so that will likely be arthritis when I’m older, but I’m relatively still mobile.  I can still train, just can’t kick with my left leg as the right isn’t strong enough to support the movement.  No impact or jumping either.  Squatting is fine, and I have a Peloton that like to smash out climbs on for strengthening all the muscles around it.  My advice for anyone with knee trouble is get squatting and do leg weights, injury permitting of course.  The quads can really compensate.  And you don’t need to go to the gym.  Squat your own weight, and then hold a lower squat position for as long as you can.  The quad starts to burn good.  

It’s impact that makes bad knees worse.  Bad knees can overcome 
  • Options
    Also as per above.  Lose weight.  Less pressure on the joints helps 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    My update: Can highly recommend Kev at Bodyrealm based at Welling FC. Sorted me out in a couple of sessions. Interestingly he's not connected to the football club and isn't even a football fan but he's worked with clubs at the top level up to recent times.

I was slightly embarrassed by the amount of internet research I'd done in advance. I'd scared myself into thinking it was something more serious than it was and turned up to the first appointment blabbing about what I thought it was. I'll probably keep quiet if there's a next time!
  • Options
    Sam3110 that’s the procedure I had about 10 weeks ago and I was surprised how quickly I could walk normally again , I did the exercises given and felt good but I then made the mistake of not building the strength fully up and I’ve fucked myself up after bowling at cricket the force on my front foot (the operated knee one) meant it’s guff again and I’ll need 9 months physio/graft to get back up to scratch 

basically I’m warning against complacency because it felt great I hadn’t built strength up enough to withstand impact .

all the best I’m sure you’ll be fine .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chinese acupuncture might work
  • Options
    My advice to me after a serious knee injury at 20 would be to give up playing football. You pay for it in pain later in life.
  • Options
    Had my Right knee done in Feb ,just waiting for letter to go in and have my left knee done also , ive got Arthritis in both knees and at the momnet and this is giving me the most problems .
    Good luck with your recovery
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend any good turmeric tablets? I was taking some but as they are quite expensive, I went down the organic powder route but can't be faffed with that.
    My various aches and pains have got worse in the last week or so and it's nether cold nor wet.

My GP supports taking turmeric supplements 
    I get mine from VitaBright, the 2160mg ones, good quality organic ingredients. I try to buy them when they have one of their offers on which happens every few months or so...... lower price plus helps qualify for free shipping.
    Whatever brand you go for, look for black pepper in the tabs as well, apparently it helps the body absorb them or some such

https://www.vitabright.co/products/organic-turmeric-curcumin-2160mg-with-organic-black-pepper-organic-ginger-capsules

At 3 tabs per day each bottle will last for 4 months.
  • Options
    Start saving up for a knee replacement. Its gonna happen.