Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD ; Charlton Athletic FC Vs Morecambe FC ; Saturday 22nd April 2023 KO 3:00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    FT: Charlton 1-1 Morecambe
  • Options
    Not the wisest of performances from either team
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    How anyone can watch this half and say with a straight face we only need a few players for this squad is beyond me. 

We need about 15 players minimum
    1-1, make that 12 players.
  • Options
    Only one half .... I thought it was HT  :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    One of our own - oh, wait..
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:
    How anyone can watch this half and say with a straight face we only need a few players for this squad is beyond me. 

Rak Sakyi is leaving so make it 13. 
  • Options
    Undeserving of the equalizer but I’ll take it. 

No one’s been good, but for a player who is supposed to hand a bit of quality about him but maybe lacks some athleticism, Henry’s passing has been dreadful with nearly everything off target or under/over hit.

Would like to see Kanu on alongside Leaburn early in this half and have a go at it. 
  • Options
    Of course the players ultimately need to take the responsibility, but that’s twice Holden has got it wrong tactically for me recently.

Trying to be expansive and push our wingers forwards against Ipswich, and playing a geriatric double pivot in this game. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:

Rak Sakyi is leaving so make it 13. 
    But down to 10 if we go 2-1 up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:

Nah still 15, but the rest can just leave for league 2 teams as opposed to being dragged through Greenwich and Woolwich behind a horse being pelted with rotten fruit
  • Options

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Stockton goal aside that was shite.

Not a lot to comment on, Henry, meh. Morecambe played the majority of the half looking to frustrate, we've bought it. 
    Payne kicked the ball across goal and it flew off JRS and in.  

About the only real talking points and analysis right there.

• Options
    First half was awful. No one brave enough to want thr ball bar Payne. Henry and Dobson are woeful so far. 
    There goal was a great finish but Henry's lack of strength was appalling! 

Need a rocket in the arse from Holden. 
  • Options
    Despite the equaliser it was still rubbish. I don't blame the ref; he'd blown well before the shot was taken.

Henry was unlucky but it doesn't help if the crowd get on his back. Ditto Morgan. 

Very little up front from Leaburn and JRS so far. 

I'd still prefer Kanu and Campbell to get a decent run in the second half, and Fraser for the last half hour.

Can we do a Golfie? Nah...
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Wishful thinking ;)
  • Options
    You've got to feel for Morecambe there. Pretty bleak that there's only one player we can bring on to change up the midfield unless we feel like seeing what Zach Mitchell is like in the holding role. Really need to rethink our midfield next season
  • Options
    Can we just refuse to send Rak-Sakyi back?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Wishful thinking ;)
    Nah...6-1 is wishful thinking...
  • Options
    Looks like a same-old kinda performance with Henry struggling

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Wishful thinking ;)
    Nah...6-1 is wishful thinking...
    No... thats some strong shit ;)
  • Options
    Horsham currently thrashing their opponents whose name is too long to remember brightsea something 4-0 at HT
  • Options
    Put it on with 10-15 mins of the half left and Henry gave the ball away 3 times. How was he in the rest of the half?
  • Options
    They're using a light ball for the Crossbar Challenge. Everyone who can kick a ball is skying it. I said it would happen beforehand this time and it did 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Put it on with 10-15 mins of the half left and Henry gave the ball away 3 times. How was he in the rest of the half?
    Pretty shit. But in all fairness, Dobson aint been much better.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

How they've got Dobson at 7.4 when he's got about a 40% passing accuracy is beyond me
    Guess in typical Dobson fashion he would have made a lot of tackles and interceptions? But yeah, does show the problem a bit today when that’s the only bit of your game working.
  • Options
    Dale Stephens has done a runner
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dobson 7.4 lol And Payne with an assist and showing for the balk often 6.4. Load fo rubbish.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!