Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale | Saturday 29th April 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    A chance to say thank you to Rak and Sess. 
    2 decent loanees in amongst a raft of dross that we have had in the awful division. 
    Probably the only reason I am going to the match. 
    The footy is unwatchable. 
  • Options
    Start of the season, this post would be on page 6 by now. Barely on page 2. Not going. Like last week. Can't be bothered wasting my time with this wretched embarrassing excuse of a team. Of course...renewed for next season.  ;)
  • Options

PS nice to take a break from the Takeover thread too tbh
    6,600 posts since I last looked at that thread and what's occurred apart from endless speculation with the odd little bit of meaningless conjecture based on hearsay. 

As for Vale, I can only see a draw at best after the last 3 performances. 

I think Woollcott deserves a turn if not to just showcase him for a move. I'd chuck in Kane at  RB otherwise what was the point in signing him , gives a chance for us to see if he's worth a contract at least. I'd revert to Fraser at 10 with Albie playing a free role which suits his energy and game better. Dobson will also be an obvious pick. Can't see Bonne being picked again, certainly not at home as he will get dogs abuse. Kanu needs a run too in a meaningless game so why not? 

Be glad to see the back of a few of the squad players. A fresh start if and when we acquire a new owner. And nobody can be sure of if and when that will happen. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    No wins in Port Vale’s last nine away league games 
    I’m sure that can be fixed.

When we played Bristol Rovers away, over Easter, I was told by a rovers mate, that they hadn’t won since New Year’s Day, he couldn’t stop smiling after the match.
  • Options
    Good bye to this nightmare season , goodbye to Chuks and Ryan. Let’s end how it started at Accrington 2-2 draw.
    That’s all folks!
  • Options
    Good bye to this nightmare season , goodbye to Chuks and Ryan. Let’s end how it started at Accrington 2-2 draw.
    That’s all folks!
    Until we get a new owner who understands football and has the funds I would say there is a good chance Chucks, Innis and a lot of the others who have contributed to this nightmare season still being here next season 
  • Options
    That’s all folks!
    Until we get a new owner who understands football and has the funds I would say there is a good chance Chucks, Innis and a lot of the others who have contributed to this nightmare season still being here next season 
    Aneke still has 2 more years to run on his contract 
  • Options
    I'll be saying goodbye to rak saki and sess at the poty dinner tomorrow, but I can't bring myself to attend another game served up by this lot. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been a while since I bothered in a preview.

Wollacot 
       Hector Mitchell Thomas 
    Egbo                               Sess 
               Dobson Fraser
          Rak-sakyi       Payne
                      Leaburn

AMB,  Clare, Kane, Henry, Morgan, Campbell, Kanu

An uninspired 2-1 win bla bla Fraser the best playmaker in league one, bla bla bla build a team around Dobson, something something kanu getting poached by United.
  • Options
    Wollacott

Egbo Hector Mitchell Sess

Rak Sakyi  Dobson Frazer  Campbell

Leaburn  Kanu

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I think they will be just too strong for us. A brave 1-0 loss.

To Port Vale.
  • Options
    I predict a poor crowd and bad game.
  • Options
    Mitchell surely should get a start.
  • Options
    A couldn't care less ⛱️
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    A couldn't care less ⛱️
    What about B?
  • Options
    In the Rose near London Bridge. Nice beer, nice weather, off to Zambia for a month after as I knew we wouldn't make the playoffs. Expecting a quiet afternoon at the Valley and hoping for a semblance of good news when I get back. Would also like to see some kids - Mitchell, Kanu - given a chance today. Despite the crap, will keep attending. COYR.
  • Options
    I'm not there today unfortunately but if I was I honestly wouldnt know how to react to the players when they do their lap of honour as imo most of them have taken the piss this season.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    A couldn't care less ⛱️
    What about B?
    B's a CU next Tuesday (supports Palace) 😆
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No surprise with our team

• Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Hector, Thomas, Sessegnon; Dobson (c), Morgan, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Campbell

Substitutes: Wollacott, Kane, Egbo, Mitchell, Henry, Payne, Kanu