Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dogs at Football

13»

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Do I think they should be allowed in the ground? 
    Other than assistance dogs, no I don’t!
    If they were would I take mine in?
    No, I wouldn’t!
    But to blame dogs in any behaviour is also wrong, 99.9% of issues lie at the other end of the lead.
    We put dogs in a situation/place then they get the blame when it goes tits up. 
    Saying that if there’s a seat empty next to Keohane I’m taking my three in next season, Bow knows I don’t like him 😂

If we ever get to play the spanners again I'd allow dogs in for the day, pit bulls and mastiffs only, then let them off the leads directed to the away end.
    I've got 2 Staffies and a Mastiff.  :*
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    No, I wouldn’t!
    But to blame dogs in any behaviour is also wrong, 99.9% of issues lie at the other end of the lead.
    Saying that if there’s a seat empty next to Keohane I’m taking my three in next season, Bow knows I don’t like him 😂

If we ever get to play the spanners again I'd allow dogs in for the day, pit bulls and mastiffs only, then let them off the leads directed to the away end.
    Get them trained.
  • Options
    Not a chance take your dog down the f'ing park not to football
  • Options
    There used to be plenty of dogs at the football in Sutcliffe Park back in the day. The pre-match warm up consisted of running up and down the pitch with a shovel.
  • Options
    No thank you, i have dogs,  i would never a) bring them to football b) want other dogs next to me or near.

There really is no need to bring your dog, if they can't stay at home or with someone don't go to football. Once you get a dog you have made the commitment that you need to put them first, unless its a requirement i don't see why anyone should bring one along. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    PeterGage said:
    I like dogs, but I often find their owners to be very tedious. It seems an unwritten law you must tell everyone how great your dog is, show endless photos etc - the reality is most people don't care.
    The word you are missing is "Pride". Surely anything that is "life enhancing" such as achievements by your children, wife or dare I say dogs, is a source of pride; and it is natural to want to share that pride with close friends.

T.C.E. regularly updates this forum on the considerable achievements he undertakes regularly with his German Shepherds and I, for one, admire his hobby. Long may that continue and long may he "endlessly" share his experiences.
    Cheers @PeterGage enjoy the photo..................

To be fair @cafcsinger has a point, a percentage of people with dogs (I hate the term dog owners, l own their registration) we have a dog beach some 100yards from my house, the perception by some that should people be enjoying a picnic for example and their dog goes rampaging through it causing chaos, is they should expect it . That’s wrong on so many levels . Today I met 4 different groups to and from school who wanted to say hi to Bow and I was happy to stop and let them take photos. I met one person who’s dog was aggressively barking at Bow while the smiling owner told me he’s saying hello, Bow likes a chat so replies with “just f*** off type bark, with that the guys said “who’s upset you, no need to be so nasty “  
    Cant agree on the photos though, with over 14000 photos of our dogs working everyone tells a story, some happy some tragic some have been seen some will never be seen.
    But a record of the smiles they’ve been putting on faces for 12+ years I don’t think there’s to much wrong with that .😉

To be fair I admire your work with dogs, and photos like these are great. It's more the 'how cute does X look here' over and over!
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    I like dogs, but I often find their owners to be very tedious. It seems an unwritten law you must tell everyone how great your dog is, show endless photos etc - the reality is most people don't care.
    The word you are missing is "Pride". Surely anything that is "life enhancing" such as achievements by your children, wife or dare I say dogs, is a source of pride; and it is natural to want to share that pride with close friends.

T.C.E. regularly updates this forum on the considerable achievements he undertakes regularly with his German Shepherds and I, for one, admire his hobby. Long may that continue and long may he "endlessly" share his experiences.
    Wasn't having a go at T.CE. as i'm sure you know 
  • Options

• Options
    edited May 2023
    PeterGage said:

Never for one moment was I suggesting that you were having a go at T.C.E. I was trying to point out that people who are proud of their dogs, cats, mice etc would naturally sing their praises from the rooftops - and why not.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    PeterGage said:

Never for one moment was I suggesting that you were having a go at T.C.E. I was trying to point out that people who are proud of their dogs, cats, mice etc would naturally sing their praises from the rooftops - and why not.
    I think the last 4 words on his post answer that one.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Sorry I don’t get this, am I missing something?
  • Options
    masicat said:

This is disgraced former glamour model Jordan, standing on the pitch. Or, ‘a dog at football’.
  • Options
    also, when she turned up at Old Trafford with Dwight Yorke, Posh Spice started singing 'who let the dogs out' 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    masicat said:

This is disgraced former glamour model Jordan, standing on the pitch. Or, ‘a dog at football’.
    Hilarious.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    https://youtu.be/9_QNssmF88s

This save by Deano was almost as good as his one against Swindon at home in 2000.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    masicat said:

Hilarious.
    You know I didn’t post the photo right? You asked so I explained.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    masicat said:

Hilarious.
    You know I didn’t post the photo right? You asked so I explained.
    Yeah I know, it’s masicat who is on the hook.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    No, I wouldn’t!

Get them trained.
    Done! All walk off lead and don't leave my side.
  • Options
    I like seeing pictures of people's dogs because I love dogs. I put the odd picture of my dog up because I assume some people, like me, might like to see it. If you don't that's fine, but some do.
  • Options
    The evolution of language.

posting in 2001
    "Watch this video of a dog preventing a goal".
    "Blimey, what are the chances of that happening!"

Posting in 2023
    "What have I just watched :D "
    "I literally can't breathe"

• Options
    The evolution of language.

posting in 2001
    "Watch this video of a dog preventing a goal".
    "Blimey, what are the chances of that happening!"

Posting in 2023
    "What have I just watched :D "
    "I literally can't breathe"

At least it’s not “I can’t breath” which you usually get.