Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Cheltenham Town vs Charlton Athletic | Sunday 7th May 2023 KO 12.00 Noon

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    arny23394 said:
    Equaliser let me down for 300 quid. I hate us.
    I have never understood why any fan would bet on us. It's enough of a kick in the teeth when we concede a last minute goal without any personal money riding on it, let alone adding a financial penalty to it as well.

The same bet last season went down the swanee for many. 
    If punters put up all their losing bets social media would crash.
  • Options
    We played some decent stuff at times but weren't clinical enough when we could have put the game beyond Cheltenham in the first half. Defensively, we looked fragile throughout and I wasn't surprised when we contrived to let them back in the game. The return of Ness will improve things and hopefully Mitchell and Elerewe can start to make an impact, although we need reinforcements, including at full-back, and hopefully something approaching a settled back line. 

I thought that Morgan and Fraser both had decent games and Henry was ok, although he still wants a little too much time on the ball. Up front, Miles Leaburn was well marshalled by their back three and Cheltenham defended reasonably well, albeit JRS and Campbell threatened sporadically.

Good to see some of the young lads get on near the end, although it was a pity we couldn't see the game out.

Looking forward to Welling (and The Door Hinge pre-match) on 1 July.

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Roddy getting minutes. Where did that come from?
    The other night v Haringey. He had a strong game. 
    Simonsen said:
    The other night v Haringey. He had a strong game. 
    Can only assume it was a “thanks - have a couple of minutes of League football on your CV” gesture…
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I know we’re all understandably weary from the churn of owners and managers, but I love Holden. He’s about the only thing right with the club atm. 
    Honest, hard-working, self-critical, progressive, gets the fans and doesn’t take any bullshit. He’s also knocked this bunch of mincers into a half decent team for the back end of the season.
    He’ll do for me. Just give him some money and backing because I’m pretty convinced he’d spend it wisely.

I have a good feeling about him.
  • Options
    Good riddance to another shit season.

Wont be holding my breath wondering what delights we will be signing with our increased budget as season after season we are promised players that will get us promoted & end up with inferior players to teams like Plymouth. 

Wont be buying a Season Ticket & likely to be picking & choosing games to go to next season.

Only positive this season was JRS....and he wasn't ours ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, Innis, on his way out of the club?
  • Options
    OS said he was left out to avoid risking being banned next season, same as Dobson.
  • Options
    The game summed up our season not good enough
    Good on those who made the trip
    Just glad it's over & done with hopefully we can have a real go next season
    Come On You Reds  B)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Valley11 said:
    I know we’re all understandably weary from the churn of owners and managers, but I love Holden. He’s about the only thing right with the club atm. 
    Honest, hard-working, self-critical, progressive, gets the fans and doesn’t take any bullshit. He’s also knocked this bunch of mincers into a half decent team for the back end of the season.
    He’ll do for me. Just give him some money and backing because I’m pretty convinced he’d spend it wisely.

Admin, can Valley11 get a promote for using the word "mincers" to describe our sack of shit football team?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    OS said he was left out to avoid risking being banned next season, same as Dobson.
    We'll see if that was the real reason in coming days.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    He has been playing well for the under 21s after a long term injury.

Excellent assist against Haringey in the week.

Playing at left back but can cover at centre half.
    He demonstrated in the few minutes that he had that he is nowhere near a football league footballer. I may be wrong but I doubt it. A poor man’s Paul Bacon.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Admin, can Valley11 get a promote for using the word "mincers" to describe our sack of shit football team?
     Yay hooray for homophobic slurs. 
  • Options
    Any idea if 23/24 will be starting early again this year?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    arny23394 said:
    Equaliser let me down for 300 quid. I hate us.
    I have never understood why any fan would bet on us. It's enough of a kick in the teeth when we concede a last minute goal without any personal money riding on it, let alone adding a financial penalty to it as well.
    I refuse to pick Charlton in the prediction league because of this, never mind betting actually money on them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any idea if 23/24 will be starting early again this year?
    PL starts 12th August, I assume EFL will start the week before. Wasn't the earlier date this season due to the WC in Qatar?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Hope the retained list is eco. A small piece of paper and very little ink !!. Can't have this lot basking in the glory of a 10th place finish, worst period in our history FFS !
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    I remember what it was like. It’s not an easy conversation but it’s a big decision you have to make as a manger.

As long as we are stable Deano me ole mucker!
  • Options
    Darned silly name for a stadium...
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Looking forward to the released list, sounds like he may have had those  conversations this past week. Wonder if it includes anyone playing today?
  • Options
    Aaron Henry is just so slow both on the ball and movement wise around the park. Unless he quickens up he will get regularly caught on the ball at this level. Despite the hype around him, he just doesn't do it for me.
    I expect he will improve with experience just as Parker showed massive improvement on returning from his loan spell at Norwich. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    About the match I think you have to give credit to the lad in the Cheltenham family stand who for no apparent reason was giving Charlton fans shaky hand gestures all match. He must have been about 8 years old, sat with what looked like his proud parents? Very strange.