Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Academy Prospects Lost

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nicky Mohan
  • Options

- JLS to Villa

I thought they went to Simon Cowell?
  • Options
    I think there are probably loads who move in at younger ages but moving at 17 when we offer a contract and they refuse are the ones you hear about.  Pretty much all mentioned above that I know of:

- Defoe to West Ham
    - JLS to Villa
    - Some lad who's name escapes me to Spurs (never made it)
    - Huddart to Arsenal
    - Ajayi to Arsenal (but as said above we only offered 6m as we were skint and signed the Irish lad who is now a pro hurler instead)
    - Beadle to Brighton
    - McGinty to Man Utd
    - Sarmiento to Portugal?
    - Palmer went to Chelsea
    - Ramazani went to Man Utd but I think we had "poached" him only 2yrs before anyway

Likes of zemura, Gough, Agymang I am not sure if we ever offered contracts so maybe our mistakes.

All four of them?
    Ah fuck sake didn't go page 2 before my comment!  :'(
  • Options
    Are we sweating on any youngsters signing at the moment? 
    Personally I’m really worried we’re not going to see Patrick Casey sign up. Cracking prospect. 

I’ve said it on here before, but a lad I taught who’s in the academy told me that Josh Laqeretabua is easily the biggest baller in the academy, but he was struck down by a bad injury, which I believe he has recovered from now, thankfully. 
  • Options
    Terrell Thomas
    Sean Clare
    Danny Green 
    Lawrie Wilson 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Ramazani is now valued at £9m according to Transfermarkt....I wonder how much of that is as a result of him having Man Utd on his cv

3 goals in 29 in La Liga is hardly outrageous stuff is it
    Started the season with 2 goals in his first 3 La Liga appearances including an opener against Real Madrid. Also has absolutely blistering pace and still in his early 20s. £9m overdoing it perhaps but his true value would probably exceed £5m based on that alone, or £15m if a PL club is asking!
  • Options
    Dimitar Mitov if he counts.
  • Options
    But what about Jermain?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Beadle? 
    Watch out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Terrell Thomas
    Sean Clare
    Danny Green 
    Lawrie Wilson 
    Arter
    Oztumer.
  • Options
    Didn't realise Timmy Abraham was with our academy at one point.
  • Options
    Didn't realise Timmy Abraham was with our academy at one point.
    He’s another who was poached around u16 level, went to Fulham.
  • Options
    Sean McGinty was the United one.  Playing up in Scotland now.
    Got told he had a poor disciplinary record at OT and even private chats with Alex F couldn't help him. 
  • Options
    Terrell Agyemang is the lad @ Man City

Zemura we released he went to Bournemouth, and is going to Udinese in the summer.

Josh Wright (can you include him), got fed up with his limited opportunities and buggered off for a life in League One
    At ebbsfleet a move up. 
  • Options
    I wonder if Dylan Gavin will be another candidate for this topic in a few seasons?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Nicky Mohan
    Saw him score against us for Middlesbrough at Ayresome Park. Stabbed it in from a few yards. Didnt know he was Charlton affiliated.