Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aberdeen 29th July (NOTE 1PM KO)

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Good test against a similar League One side. Bar Celtic and Rangers it’s League one fare north of the border 
    Friendlies against Celtic or Rangers would never happened. Old bill would never allow it ever. We have tried before but would never get the go ahead.
    Rangers played at Blackpool last pre-season and took 8k fans so how come they were allowed?
    They have played Blackpool a few times over the years they take over Blackpool spend a fortune completely different to when they play in London always been trouble in the past 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    More away fans than home and kilted drunks terrorising old ladies in asdas toilets.
    Perfect.
    It won't be old ladies they will be terrorising they will be out early looking for our lot guaranteed 
    With Spurs in tow as well 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Looking forward to this one...
    When and where was this @Cardinal Sin
    Think France 98 against Norway ?
  • Options
    DA9 saidyea:
    Wellred said:
    More away fans than home and kilted drunks terrorising old ladies in asdas toilets.
    Perfect.
    It won't be old ladies they will be terrorising they will be out early looking for our lot guaranteed 
    With Spurs in tow as well 
    Yea they team up loads of time's 
  • Options
    Will be in London for this visiting my old man....will take him to this
  • Options
    Their casuals will run our mob ragged.
    Wellred said:
    Perfect.
    Does this sort of stuff still go on regularly? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Wellred said:
    Perfect.
    Yea all the time 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Leave off. Beginning to sound like a piss take of the football factory.
    I can't wait to see your fanny 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £25-a-ticket, rising by £1-a-day until kick off
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Wellred said:
    Perfect.
    Yes mate, looking to get involved? 

We are holding trials soon for next season, set to be taking place in my Mum and Dad's garage. 

Just be sure to bring your own dark fruits cider with you, cheers fella 
    Charlton really will have fallen on hard times if I’m needed as part of the “firm”! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    R0TW said:
    Nope, haven’t a clue.
    I was passing comment to SW Addicts comment referring that all south London clubs will get together like one big Danny Dyer wankfest.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Good test against a similar League One side. Bar Celtic and Rangers it’s League one fare north of the border 
    Friendlies against Celtic or Rangers would never happened. Old bill would never allow it ever. We have tried before but would never get the go ahead.
    Rangers played at Blackpool last pre-season and took 8k fans so how come they were allowed?
    Potential for risk would be ridiculous. Very likely would encourage all Millwall and Palace top boys to be active that day. Same reason if Rangers played Palace away. Can guarantee our ‘risk’ would be in attendance
    If Rangers played stripey nigels I'd be with Rangers, mind you the only risk I would be is losing my walking stick & thermos 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:
    Brentford (then in League One) had a Celtic friendly in 2013, not sure how they could make it work and we couldn't. 
    How did that pan out? 🤔
    It kinda panned in.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:
    Brentford (then in League One) had a Celtic friendly in 2013, not sure how they could make it work and we couldn't. 
    As have Chelsea which was far more controversial.
  • Options
    Their casuals will run our mob raggeChris_from_Sidcup said:
    shirty5 said:

Loads of jocks live in Blackpool.
  • Options
    From a football angle the game is competitive, Aberdeen will bring a load.
    Plod will have their highest turnout all season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From Aberdeen Life

Been to a few games at The Valley and really enjoyed the experience. 

It's a strange wee forgotten corner of the planet where few outside the locals have any reason to stumble into, but Charlton fans in general are a happy, welcoming lot...content with their place in the world of football and content not to be Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea fans. 

There are some good boozers down there too, and even more if you go at bit further afield to Greenwich. 

Hopefully I'll get to the game, but I suspect that we'll take down a few coked up arseholes who feel that smashing up boozers and fighting with locals is the way to go. 

• Options
    edited June 2023
    How comes we had a friendly rejected against Celtic in the mid 2000s but they played at Stamford Bridge?!

Was our game due after it?
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    When and where was this @Cardinal Sin
    1998 World Cup in Bordeau before Scotland v Norway.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    AFKA showing his true colours under the second of the two "E"s there. Seen you Jimmy!
    Good spot! Next to his best mate Lewis Capaldi. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    R0TW said:
    Nope, haven’t a clue.
    I was passing comment to SW Addicts comment referring that all south London clubs will get together like one big Danny Dyer wankfest.
    Sorry its an awfully delivered Danny Dyer line from the film. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    R0TW said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    R0TW said:
    Nope, haven’t a clue.
    Sorry its an awfully delivered Danny Dyer line from the film. 
    It was funny for those who got the reference.  :smile:

I don't think Celtic will be welcomed back at Brentford!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    R0TW said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    R0TW said:
    Nope, haven’t a clue.
    Sorry it’s an awfully delivered Danny Dyer line from the film. 
    I didn’t get it either so stop getting lemon it don’t suit ya..
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Off_it said:
    AFKA showing his true colours under the second of the two "E"s there. Seen you Jimmy!
    Good spot! Next to his best mate Lewis Capaldi. 
    And him next to Duncan Shearer, who should have been in the Scotland squad.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Charlton fans in general are a happy, welcoming lot...content with their place in the world of football

Yeah I think it’s fair to say we've all been loving mid-table League One.