Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aberdeen 29th July (NOTE 1PM KO)

Comments

• Options
    Stewart said:
    From Aberdeen Life

Been to a few games at The Valley and really enjoyed the experience. 

It's a strange wee forgotten corner of the planet where few outside the locals have any reason to stumble into, but Charlton fans in general are a happy, welcoming lot...content with their place in the world of football and content not to be Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea fans. 

There are some good boozers down there too, and even more if you go at bit further afield to Greenwich. 

Hopefully I'll get to the game, but I suspect that we'll take down a few coked up arseholes who feel that smashing up boozers and fighting with locals is the way to go. 

A few good boozers😱 name them.
  • Options
    Shame that wasn’t Muir in place of Millar. 
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Stewart said:
    From Aberdeen Life

It's a strange wee forgotten corner of the planet where few outside the locals have any reason to stumble into, but Charlton fans in general are a happy, welcoming lot...content with their place in the world of football and content not to be Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea fans. 

There are some good boozers down there too, and even more if you go at bit further afield to Greenwich. 

Hopefully I'll get to the game, but I suspect that we'll take down a few coked up arseholes who feel that smashing up boozers and fighting with locals is the way to go. 

River Ale House, er…. No, that’s it. 
  • Options

I don't think Celtic will be welcomed back at Brentford!
    It was hilarious. They all rocked up in coaches about 7am and the police turned up and banged on the door of one of the four pubs demanding that he open, in order to get them off the streets. Afterwards, that night, never seen so many people asleep on verges and local bits of grass waiting for coaches to pick them up at 11pm. 
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Stewart said:
    From Aberdeen Life

River Ale House, er…. No, that’s it. 
    Rose of Denmark?
  • Options
    Anchor and hope
  • Options

I don't think Celtic will be welcomed back at Brentford!
    It was hilarious. They all rocked up in coaches about 7am and the police turned up and banged on the door of one of the four pubs demanding that he open, in order to get them off the streets. Afterwards, that night, never seen so many people asleep on verges and local bits of grass waiting for coaches to pick them up at 11pm. 

Apparently after drinking all day they went into the local chippy with Mars bars and insisted they put them in the deep fryer.
  • Options
    Any mention when the tickets are on sale? 
  • Options
    So a 12 year old pays the same as a 20 year old? Fucking Joke, no thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't you got homework to be getting on with?
  • Options
    And if that is true, yes it is a pisstake

• Options
    So a 12 year old pays the same as a 20 year old? Fucking Joke, no thanks.
    Wonder if this was discussed at tonight's FF meeting ....

Also bear in mind that it's only the 2nd weekend of the school hols with many taking the opportunity to go away before the season starts. 
  • Options

• Options
    Popped into Pittodrie today. Compact stadium right on the sea front. 

Friendly staff and they said people are looking forward to visiting the Valley.
  • Options
    Apparently looking to build a new stadium at Kingswells. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Popped into Pittodrie today. Compact stadium right on the sea front. 

Friendly staff and they said people are looking forward to visiting the Valley.
    I went to a night match there in the early 80's, January I think.
    Absolutely froze to death, give me Boundary Park any day!  
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Why are they doing that? They don't sell out the current ground, do they? Does the current ground have a high development value?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    TEL said:
    Why are they doing that? They don't sell out the current ground, do they? Does the current ground have a high development value?

Pretty much. The owners want to sell it for housing development. The fans are against the move and I would be surprised if it actually goes ahead, Kingswells is in the middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    TEL said:
    Not sure. It's absolutely mikes from the station. 
    Pittodrue is right on the seafront so maybe residential? There's not many places to build unless you're on the outskirts. It surprised me how big and busy the city is. Lot of oil money here .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Just been reading up on the Aberdeen ground issues. Seems there's another site quite near the current one on the seafront that the fans are happier about.

However, although I've never been there I've just had a look on Google Maps and the current site doesn't seem particularly hemmed in , in the same way The Valley is by housing, the railway line and the old chalk cliff. Looks like there's plenty of scope to redevelop if there was a will.

Maybe a visiting Don could give us the lowdown, as its a subject close to our hearts, given our own history.
  • Options
    A rail strike by RMT members has been announced for this day.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65986714

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Kingswells is dead for Aberdeen. The Council are supporting them on redeveloping a site on the seafront less than half a mile from Pittodrie. I was up there last weekend. Everyone I spoke to seemed excited about a weekend in London and about playing us. The consensus seems to be that they expect c 2000 to come down.
  • Options
    Update from my friends in the real north-east. They have sold 1350 as of today and expect to top out at 1500. This is a fine effort bearing in mind they are away at Preston on Saturday and have Euopean away games next month. I hope we can match their respective effort and make it a great atmosphere.
  • Options
    Kingswells is dead for Aberdeen. The Council are supporting them on redeveloping a site on the seafront less than half a mile from Pittodrie. I was up there last weekend. Everyone I spoke to seemed excited about a weekend in London and about playing us. The consensus seems to be that they expect c 2000 to come down.
    I understand the Council are not exactly pushing the Beach option actively now that Aberdeen have cooled on Kingswells. Councils eh?
  • Options
    Update from my friends in the real north-east. They have sold 1350 as of today and expect to top out at 1500. This is a fine effort bearing in mind they are away at Preston on Saturday and have Euopean away games next month. I hope we can match their respective effort and make it a great atmosphere.
    Can you ask them, if they win, will they be taking the crossbars home with them?
  • Options
    Can you ask them, if they win, will they be taking the crossbars home with them?
    Nailed on.
  • Options
    Biggest police presence at Charlton next season apart from the Portsmouth game.
  • Options
    Bought a couple of shirts in the shop back in June, had a long chat with one of the assistants and he confirmed that more would have attended but most are saving up for the European ties.

Nice shop with about six staff on a Thursday lunchtime and plenty of people coming and going.....Lets hope we get back to that level of retail.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Bought a couple of shirts in the shop back in June, had a long chat with one of the assistants and he confirmed that more would have attended but most are saving up for the European ties.

Nice shop with about six staff on a Thursday lunchtime and plenty of people coming and going.....Lets hope we get back to that level of retail.
    Their club shop is always like that Tel. It's the only place you can get their merchandise, so it does a roaring trade and is very profitable for the club. Their version of Valley Gold is called AberDNA and the monthly subscription covers the price of the new home shirt each year which ensures they shift a large number that puts them in profit on it straightaway.