Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open Golf

Comments

• Options
    Andrew Coltart giving the game away there. 

Sky come back from a break for him to say Fowler is playing the last with a 2 shot  lead. Then they cut to Fowler on the 17th green with a putt for a birdie with the scores showing he is only 1 ahead. 

Plonkers....
  • Options
    I know MaGinley is over there but I'm not show whether the others are. Hennie said earlier about watching the early starters playing all evening. It was 7 something here but only mid day there. 
  • Options
    62 is a great score but it's a par 70 !!

8 under on a par 72 is a 64 & wouldn't break any records.

And as I type Coltart admits its not the best under par score......which is 9 under. 

As I've said before, you can easily shoot a 62 around Barnehurst but you wouldn't say it was record breaking. 
  • Options
    I could easily shoot 62 round Barnehurst 

…..then I’d carry on with the back 9
  • Options
    Thought this course was meant to be hard?!
  • Options
    Shift of pin positions on some holes could easily knock off a few shots.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Are pins predetermined or can they move them where they want the night before?
  • Options
    Finding Henie’s nasal whining and “Coldart’s” inability to pronounce his “T”s very irritating.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Pin sheets are usually shared with players the night before. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Thought I was ‘printing money’ with Fleetwood boosted yesterday to Evens to make the cut. 

I’ll Never learn :-( 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    cafcpolo said:
    So PGA can be very harsh considering scoring today?
  • Options
    Burns hole in one 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    cafcpolo said:
    So PGA can be very harsh considering scoring today?
    Yep, if they feel the scoring is too low they'll put the pins in harder positions.
  • Options
    Thought I was ‘printing money’ with Fleetwood boosted yesterday to Evens to make the cut. 

I’ll Never learn :-( 
    Same here!
  • Options
    2 Players shooting 8 under and nearly 40 Players under Par. No doubt the USGA will toughen it up, particularly after the cut today.
  • Options
    Dont they usually want the winning score to be Par ?
  • Options
    Just seen the tee times for Saturday.

Rory goes off in the penultimate group at 11.30pm BST.

11.30 !!!!  

Bloody ridiculous. That's 3.30pm LA time. Far too late imo. Final groups should be going out around 2pm at the latest.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Dont they usually want the winning score to be Par ?
    Not these days, the USGA has settled on a target of roughly -6 for the winner. LACC is an exception for lower scores, though it sounds like it showed some teeth after I went to sleep.

I'll be setting an alarm and waking up for the back 9 if the tee times are as late tomorrow. Torrey Pines 2 years ago felt a lot earlier.
  • Options
    Have backed fowler religiously for years to nothing and this tournament completely forget tbh!, anyway hope he does it 
  • Options
    Shame Rory isnt in the last group with Fowler as he won the Open in 2014 partnering Fowler in the last group. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    What’s everyone’s watching strategy? Staying up? 

I taped it last night and got up at 6 to fast forward through. Will stay with it till about 11pm and the do the same tomorrow morning, but will have to condense the key rounds down to within an hour. 
  • Options
    Gonna try and stay with it
  • Options
    Watch till 1230-0100 go to bed. 

Wake up at 645 and go to nbc sport to read Rory’s latest hard luck story 
  • Options
    Rory 2nd, one shot behind the winner Wyndham Clark.
  • Options
    Thank god I can go to sleep now. As much as I wanted Rory to win I didn’t want a play off
  • Options
    Made it to the end. Should have bet on Clark this morning and didn’t. Oh well. 
  • Options
    Just found out the result. Get in there Wyndham Clark!
  • Options
    Yes, he was still 5/2 early in his round but he looked the most likely to me. Didn’t do it though :-(  

That was another one that was Rory’s there for the taking but he just couldn’t step up 
  • Options
    Rory played well. Just couldn’t hole anything of note. So many good long putts for birdie that grazed the edge 
  • Options
    Yes, he was still 5/2 early in his round but he looked the most likely to me. Didn’t do it though :-(  

That was another one that was Rory’s there for the taking but he just couldn’t step up 
    Lesson learned. When you at rooting for two out of the three players always have a compensatory punt on the third. 

If Rory was a 20% better putter he’d have passed tiger by now and be homing in on Jack. At least he’s still there or thereabouts all the time so you’d think it’ll drop for him sometime. Will be interesting ting to see whether Clark is a one time wonder or why here he hangs around the big boys on the back of this. Fair play to him.