Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Trouser and varying shades of, Brigade?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023
    rananegra said:
    I think many men as they get older become more confident in wearing brighter colours. However, and I don't know why, red trousers is one thing at which I draw the line.
    It is a bit weird really how men are happy to wear brightly coloured shirts, t-shirts and waterproofs, but just stick to jeans or beige trousers down below.
    I wear a lot of Hawaiian shirts. The only trousers I have that aren't black/grey/beige are dark green. Bright colours below the waist just don't work IMO. And they might clash with the shirt

You can get medication 💊 for that or have you been consulting Gok Wan?
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    I think many men as they get older become more confident in wearing brighter colours. However, and I don't know why, red trousers is one thing at which I draw the line.
    It is a bit weird really how men are happy to wear brightly coloured shirts, t-shirts and waterproofs, but just stick to jeans or beige trousers down below.
    I wear a lot of Hawaiian shirts. The only trousers I have that aren't black/grey/beige are dark green. Bright colours below the waist just don't work IMO. And they might clash with the shirt

Says the man with Sir Les as his cover picture...  :D
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    It's a certain type of gentleman. My posh neighbour prefers the mustard cords and waistcoat - to do his gardening in - and wears a hat when going into London. His son dresses like Rupert the bear's gay farmer cousin
    A fine selection of colours here from my tailor of choice :)

https://www.cordings.co.uk/yellow-corduroy-trousers.html

• Options
    I do have a pair of salmon pink shorts……which (weather permitting), I do wear from time to time. 
  • Options
    I do have a pair of salmon pink shorts……which (weather permitting), I do wear from time to time. 
    Are they left over from your childhood when they would have been long 👖?
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Says the man with Sir Les as his cover picture...  :D
    The Cultural Attaché to the Court of St James and a man of impeccable style and taste and you ask why I have it as my avatar, where have you been, Man?;)
  • Options
    Please bear in mind that there will be someone reading this thread who owns a pair of red trousers and is currently under enormous stress.
  • Options
    As so many of you are prejudiced against red trousers, I'm now considering buying my first ever pair.

C'MON YOU REDS!!!

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    As so many of you are prejudiced against red trousers, I'm now considering buying my first ever pair.

C'MON YOU REDS!!!

You'll be needing a dry cleaners then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    I believe I’m right in saying that Elfie has (or has had) a pair of ill fitting washed out pale pink trousers…..of dubious quality no doubt?
    I think I have either seen him wearing them or maybe a photo…..are you bold enough to confirm Elfie and are they acceptable in Brazil?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    ......sorry, thought it said Robin of Sherwood
    You are spot on in thinking that. When we were looking to buy a house in Surrey years ago there was an estate agent called Robin based in their office in Ottershaw and we eventually bought close by in Chobham. I liked the fact that it sounded liked Robin of Sherwood, plus obviously there was the Robin connection to Charlton. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    McBobbin said:
    It's a certain type of gentleman. My posh neighbour prefers the mustard cords and waistcoat - to do his gardening in - and wears a hat when going into London. His son dresses like Rupert the bear's gay farmer cousin

I'm too young to die
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    McBobbin said:

I say they're all rather spiffing.
  • Options
    We went to see John Finnemore a few years ago at Richmond Theatre. Whilst taking the piss out of local residents for being posh, he got onto the subject of red trousers and asked everyone in the audience wearing them (of which there were not a few) to stand up. 

He then sang this little song - under two minutes, so just skip the ads  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5pZS4jdI-o
  • Options
    I think it is sweet men wanting to get in touch with their feminine side.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I think it is sweet men wanting to get in touch with their feminine side.

With the jumper draped over the shoulders to complete the look.

• Options
    Do you any of you read what Henry wrote. Please have some respect !! 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Rudders22 said:
    Do you any of you read what Henry wrote. Please have some respect !! 
    This isn't a reference to Henry's post or to do with Lords. 

Its those who wear them all the time in any circumstances.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:
    I've got a pink pair of Ralph chinos, had em a few years now. Also got a light "baby" blue pair. Thought the pastel colours had come in and gone out again, but I might give em an airing after reading this. Go just right with the new Sebago Docksiders that just turned up, second time of asking, after the DPD driver nicked the first pair, allegedly. 

Yes, they go well with Sebagos, also Bass Weejuns.
    Sperry for deck shoes. The original and best and not so expensive. Then maybe Timberland but never Sebago. (My pinkish/red trousers are Ted Baker.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe I’m right in saying that Elfie has (or has had) a pair of ill fitting washed out pale pink trousers…..of dubious quality no doubt?
    I think I have either seen him wearing them or maybe a photo…..are you bold enough to confirm Elfie and are they acceptable in Brazil?
    Sorry to disappoint but not guilty, denim blue only, as shown.