Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the future of Charlton TV safe?

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 8
    fenaddick said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Don't think many games will actually move. @Callumcafc's list doesn't factor in that Sky can show 3pm games during international breaks too. I appreciate I'm unusual as someone who lives in the UK but not near The Valley but this is quite helpful for me personally. I'm still not particularly pleased with it on a macro level but it's nice I can watch more games now

We had no games played during the international break last season 
    But 2 (3 if you include Fiorini) of the internationals have left so we probably will have games in the international break this season. 
    You got to remember that almost half of the midweek games I listed above were originally scheduled on international breaks and then were rearranged for a midweek.

To add international breaks on top of the list above would be double counting Wigan (A), Derby (A), Northampton (H) and Wigan (H).
  • Options
    edited May 8
    I live in Manchester and travel abroad each weekend 👀

I can justify watching at 3pm if me, the Mrs and the little ones have gone out earlier in the day…I can even justify it if the Mrs is out in the afternoon, trying to brainwash the toddlers into watching Charlton.

But 12:30 is such a bugger of a time right in the middle of the day will make it so much harder to get away with :(
  • Options
    edited May 9
    Has it been confirmed that all matches won’t be available to international fans next season via CharltonTV?  
  • Options
    Has it been confirmed that all matches won’t be available to international fans next season via CharltonTV?  
    No, and can’t imagine why that would be the case. But it’s possible you’ll just get the match with much of the bells and whistles removed. 
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited May 9
    I would watch Charlton TV up until 3pm and from 5pm, best bits. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Will the club be able steam a full replay of a game the following week as they do now on Charlton TV. I  enjoy watching a full replay on a midweek afternoon  especially of the away games. Makes the £60 annual subscription to Charlton TV worth while.
    With our shocking performances this season, I've rarely wanted to rewatch the match itself.

But I have enjoyed everything else, and it's this which I would really miss. HT and FT analysis of important events in the match (which when you are there you sometimes miss) and especially the banter between Minto, Curbs, Brownie etc.
    The banter between Scotty (or Charlotte), Browny, Curbs, Lisbinho etc is normally the best thing on matchday.

If the club doesn't go the full monty on matchday coverage for the overseas streaming coverage maybe they'd consider a proper highlights programme on, say, a Sunday?

Create a programme with some of the banter/archive/reminiscing to begin with, proper highlights (minimum of 10-15 minutes - assuming they can cobble that much together! - but maybe up to 30 mins) with full post-match analysis and interviews afterwards.

That could be a cracking hour-long programme and well worth watching, even if you have to fast-forward the actual football bit!
    Great idea, and they could do that on Zoom from their living room with no need for a studio. The media team at Charlton can put together the highlights, interviews etc to incorporate it. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Will the club be able steam a full replay of a game the following week as they do now on Charlton TV. I  enjoy watching a full replay on a midweek afternoon  especially of the away games. Makes the £60 annual subscription to Charlton TV worth while.
    With our shocking performances this season, I've rarely wanted to rewatch the match itself.

But I have enjoyed everything else, and it's this which I would really miss. HT and FT analysis of important events in the match (which when you are there you sometimes miss) and especially the banter between Minto, Curbs, Brownie etc.
    The banter between Scotty (or Charlotte), Browny, Curbs, Lisbinho etc is normally the best thing on matchday.

If the club doesn't go the full monty on matchday coverage for the overseas streaming coverage maybe they'd consider a proper highlights programme on, say, a Sunday?

Create a programme with some of the banter/archive/reminiscing to begin with, proper highlights (minimum of 10-15 minutes - assuming they can cobble that much together! - but maybe up to 30 mins) with full post-match analysis and interviews afterwards.

That could be a cracking hour-long programme and well worth watching, even if you have to fast-forward the actual football bit!
    Great idea, and they could do that on Zoom from their living room with no need for a studio. The media team at Charlton can put together the highlights, interviews etc to incorporate it. 

And Lord Llewellyn could still dial in from whatever Caribbean resort he's holidaying at that week ...
  • Options
    msomerton said:

And Lord Llewellyn could still dial in from whatever Caribbean resort he's holidaying at that week ...
    It is a great idea but a lot of the banter magic will be lost if they are not physically together. Then again would they be willing to come into the studio for such a setup? They surely do it now partly because they can watch the game live together. Still it seems worth exploring at the very least.