Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley or Highbury?

2»

Comments

• Options
    It’s The Valley. There are plenty of pictures from different angles of the scoreboard to show it’s The Valley.

As an aside it looks fuck all like Highbury.

Whoever on whatever Facebook page is claiming it’s Highbury is clearly a no nothing fuckwit.
    Standard Arsenal fan then.
  • Options
    100% it’s The Valley.
    That colouration of the ‘building’ is completely wrong, it is in fact the old half times scoreboard at the Sam Bartram Entrance which was painted black……I should know as I stood under it many a time.
    Plus they’re still trees to this day in that location where the gents toilets were, where The East Terrace met up with The South Terrace.
    Anyone who says it’s Highbury is off their rocker….there were no trees there, it was surrounded by housing and the land around it was flat anyway.
    Exactly what I thought
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    At first I was convinced it was the Valley, but taking a second look I have my doubts as the terrace appears to to finish level with the cinder track and the Valley terracing has always been raised above pitch level with a white wall.
    apart from the bits, like the terrace between the grandstand and the covered end, that was very much below pitch level at the front....
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    A bit of a debate ongoing on a Facebook group as to whether or not this is the Valley -

Personally inclined to go with the Valley purely because there are trees at the back and can't remember there ever being trees on a hill anywhere around Highbury? 
    Gribbo…..I don’t use Facebook, but have you posted any of our remarks and the confirmation that it’s definitely The Valley?
  • Options
    Photo 14 in this collection of Brentford photos, caption "26th February 1938: Charlton Athletic play Brentford at The Valley, Charlton. Sam Bartram, the Charlton goalkeeper is hard pressed by Brentford's McCulloch, far right, with Rist in attendance. (Photo by H. Allen/Topical Press Agency/Getty Images)" has the 'red brick building' / scoreboard and trees visible -

• Options
    and there's this one of brian clough scoring for middlesborough

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    A bit of a debate ongoing on a Facebook group as to whether or not this is the Valley -

Personally inclined to go with the Valley purely because there are trees at the back and can't remember there ever being trees on a hill anywhere around Highbury? 
    Gribbo…..I don’t use Facebook, but have you posted any of our remarks and the confirmation that it’s definitely The Valley?
    I haven't mate no, but the responses to those insisting it was Highbury have been much the same as on here. Think everyone on there is in agreement now
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

I haven't mate no, but the responses to those insisting it was Highbury have been much the same as on here. Think everyone on there is in agreement now
    👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and there's this one of brian clough scoring for middlesborough

I don’t remember those big hoardings saying “alamy”. 
  • Options
    The Valley. 
    Blimey, don’t remember Bowyer starting in black & white
  • Options
    The Valley. 
    The sky in that picture seems to have a giant's fingerprint on it.  Spooky.