Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Skip-diving

13»

Comments

• Options
    A few years ago I regularly had a builder get his skips delivered to directly outside my house, not working at any houses on my street. He would then turn up with various vans over a few days and empty said vans and then the skip would get removed. It was all OK until I went on holiday and whilst away a skip got delivered, got overfilled with other people's crap and when the skip hire company collected they just threw loads off the top, blocking access to my garage. Fortunately the whole debacle was captured in my neighbours cctv. I called the company and said "you've got an hour to come and move all the crap, or I will call environmental health." initially they'd argued that a bloke came in and paid by cash each time, no address provided etc. I said not my problem. The skips stopped immediately. 
  • Options
    Over here we have a thing called " council cleanup" anything unwanted you put outside your home and the council collects it twice a year. It's open season for anyone to take whatever they want, which I think is pretty amazing. You'd never need to buy a bike or gym equipment, sofas if you're not too fussy and even TV's. You always leave the metal in a seperate pile so the Scrappies can pick it up without ransacking your genuine junk pile. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Over here we have a thing called " council cleanup" anything unwanted you put outside your home and the council collects it twice a year. It's open season for anyone to take whatever they want, which I think is pretty amazing. You'd never need to buy a bike or gym equipment, sofas if you're not too fussy and even TV's. You always leave the metal in a seperate pile so the Scrappies can pick it up without ransacking your genuine junk pile. 

Also known as "bring out your dead". I kid you not!