Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest Green to appoint a female manager?

Feels pretty monumental and worthy of its own thread.

Hannah Dingley made caretaker head coach after dismissal of Big Dunc. 

Comments

• Options
    Fair play. I can imagine the shit that will get said if she doesn't do very well though
  • Options
    If she can keep Big Ryan fit and on the pitch, she’ll have done well, all the best Hannah.
  • Options
    Very best wishes Hannah.
  • Options
    If she can keep Big Ryan fit and on the pitch, she’ll have done well, all the best Hannah.
    Don't see why she wouldn't be able to 

Holden was here for 26 games in all competitions and before the Ipswich red he had played in all but 2 of them(so managed 20/22) then missed the last 4 because of that 2nd yellow v Ipswich 

Inniss aside, I'm intrigued to see how this goes, have wondered for a while which team was gonna be the first to go for a female manager(AFC Wimbledon were rumoured a couple of times to be looking at the Chelsea manager)

Good luck to her and hope the fans give her the support they would give any other manager
  • Options
    Hang on, she’s only been made caretaker manager at the moment. She could be out on her ear in a week. If she gets the job on a permanent basis then it will be interesting to see how it pans out. In the meantime good luck Hannah.
  • Options
    Why did big dunc get dismissed at this time?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Why did big dunc get dismissed at this time?
    One win in 18 I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best of luck to anyone attempting to manage inniss 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    What will be interesting is if she does a great job. Then she may move up the leagues. Forest Green are a bit different to other clubs , in a good way, so I don't expect things to change in the short term unless she is a success. I wish her the very best.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Poor old Sol, whats he got to do to get a job.
    Even employing women in front of him now!

On a serious note, good on her and best of luck.  I'm just surprised Emma Hayes wasnt the first lady to manage a mens team.
  • Options
    Good for her. Hope she smashes it
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Poor old Sol, whats he got to do to get a job.
    Even employing women in front of him now!

On a serious note, good on her and best of luck.  I'm just surprised Emma Hayes wasnt the first lady to manage a mens team.
    Hasn't Emma Hayes basically said I'm winning trophies, managing in the CL, why would I move to League 1, 2 etc?

There's some merit behind that argument.
    That, and very few clubs in League 1 or 2 could match what Emma is on at Chelsea
  • Options
    Fair play, interesting to see how this goes.  This will probably get a lot of attention and generate some additional revenue.  Say what you like about the owner but he’s got some balls (no pun intended).  In the face of the obvious crap she’s going to get I can’t help but wish her all the best.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope she gets a fair wind and is allowed to just get on with the job. Good luck to her. 
  • Options
    I think Emma Hayes would be a good Manager for most clubs
  • Options
    She was coach before to the mens 1st team, I think at Burton.

Good luck to her, 
  • Options
    Fair play, interesting to see how this goes.  This will probably get a lot of attention and generate some additional revenue.  Say what you like about the owner but he’s got some balls (no pun intended).  In the face of the obvious crap she’s going to get I can’t help but wish her all the best.  
    She's only the caretaker, hasn't been given it full time.
  • Options
    Good luck Hannah.
  • Options
    She's only the caretaker, hasn't been given it full time.
    Well that’s good then cos I remember all the caretakers at school being men..
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It would be very interesting to see how she did elsewhere. She's tactically astute and very, very demanding. She's very supportive of her players but I've seen Chelsea win games 5-1 and have her absolutely fuming in the press conference after because the team didn't do things they worked on or made heavy weather of the game and then killed teams off at the end with the superior fitness and depth. I wonder if she would continue that or adapt it in a team with fewer resources. I suspect she's canny enough to know when to push and when to accept what she's got. There will come a time when she's had enough of managing that Chelsea team and it'll be interesting to see where she goes from there.
  • Options
    Can't see her keeping the dressroom. Good luck to her though
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It would be very interesting to see how she did elsewhere. She's tactically astute and very, very demanding. She's very supportive of her players but I've seen Chelsea win games 5-1 and have her absolutely fuming in the press conference after because the team didn't do things they worked on or made heavy weather of the game and then killed teams off at the end with the superior fitness and depth. I wonder if she would continue that or adapt it in a team with fewer resources. I suspect she's canny enough to know when to push and when to accept what she's got. There will come a time when she's had enough of managing that Chelsea team and it'll be interesting to see where she goes from there.
    Probably the England job after Wiegman
  • Options
    Will watch with interest.
    I truly wonder how the players feel about it?
    Wishing her the very best 🙏🏻