Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alfie May - signed for Birmingham (p56 - confirmed & video message from him)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 22

I like May, his workrate is great, his goal return better but sometimes his touch is terrible. If we are offered 1.5 Million that can be used elsewhere then we would be mad to say no.

There's weaknesses to his game like lack of height etc or assists but his touch being sometimes terrible I can't ever agree with I've seen him bring punts into the air down like berbatov and spray passes about better
     than anyone else in the team..
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    cfgs said:
    I like May, his workrate is great, his goal return better but sometimes his touch is terrible. If we are offered 1.5 Million that can be used elsewhere then we would be mad to say no.
    Honestly, reading stuff like this makes me think some of our fans deserve the absolute shambles our club has been in for the last god knows how many years.
    Genuine question, how much do you think he is worth?  He might be trying to get the move done for all we know.  I just think if, and it is a big if, the fee is one and a half million that is a huge markup.  We need a squad not a couple of decent players and a load of chaff, if he does go hopefully it is spent well.  But all is good as Ronnie assures us he is staying and is happy in all the different houses he owns around Kent.
  • Options
    edited June 22
    No idea where you can get any thought that his touch is terrible tbh mate 
    At times it was, I did say at times, but the Raheem Sterling has those moments.  It is all subjective and opinions, I often wonder when people say he could be an excellent 10. His best position is on the shoulder of the last man and running across the backline.  I don't want to sell him, but if we do it will be because he would rather be elsewhere.  

He is a league one striker in his early 30s so he won't be great at everything. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    JaShea99 said:
    cfgs said:
    Honestly, reading stuff like this makes me think some of our fans deserve the absolute shambles our club has been in for the last god knows how many years.
    Genuine question, how much do you think he is worth?  
    20 plus goals a season proven. That's his worth

• Options
    cfgs said:
    JaShea99 said:
    cfgs said:

But what I am getting at is if we do sell him, what is acceptable?  I mean I get his goals could be irreplaceable but what is a realistic figure?  I think most neutrals would think the hike in price over twelve months is a good result.  
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    JaShea99 said:
    cfgs said:

But what I am getting at is if we do sell him, what is acceptable?  I mean I get his goals could be irreplaceable but what is a realistic figure?  I think most neutrals would think the hike in price over twelve months is a good result.  
    I think he's invaluable to the team and selling him to rival club is madness unless you're able to get a fee which gets a younger 20 plus goal player or 3 or 4 promotion pushing players which wont happen.

Not seen much in the recruitment team so far to suggest they'll spend money well enough secure promotion and not miss Mays goals whilst he knocks them in for a rival club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    JaShea99 said:
    cfgs said:

Nothing is acceptable. If we sell him we can kiss goodbye to promotion. 
  • Options
    Well hopefully if he is sold it is all part of the master plan, but we haven't seen one of those since 2018/19.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Elsewhere where? To get promoted we need to score goals. Even if we got £1.5M for him and signed another striker it would be a gamble as to whether they could reliably score 20-25 goals a season. Given our recruitment track record would you seriously consider rolling those dice.

Given how few goals are in this squad from elsewhere selling May doesn’t just jeopardise promotion, it jeopardises us staying up. 
  • Options
    Surprised Huddersfield gave him permission to play a game of cricket!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    they probably don’t know!
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    No idea where you can get any thought that his touch is terrible tbh mate 
    At times it was, I did say at times, but the Raheem Sterling has those moments.  It is all subjective and opinions, I often wonder when people say he could be an excellent 10. His best position is on the shoulder of the last man and running across the backline.  I don't want to sell him, but if we do it will be because he would rather be elsewhere.  

He is a league one striker in his early 30s so he won't be great at everything. 
    His best position being a 10 doesn't make sense with his assist ratio. His shooting numbers also highlight he wouldn't be good as a 10 (1st in league for number of shots, 98th for shot accuracy) long term.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Something very old school about it, love it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    And why would he tell people in earshot . It’s another Twitter bullshitter. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    And why would he tell people in earshot . It’s another Twitter bullshitter. 
    Why mug yourself off and put that out there then if he does not believe what he heard? 

Time will tell if he goes or not 
  • Options
    The current owners collectively have big money . That’s a fact . How much they are prepared to spend remains to be seen. 

Overall  I’ve been happy with what they have done so far and steadied the ship after all the uncertainty and  personally think if May does leave ( and it’s still a big if ) it will be NJ or AM decision not anything orchestrated by this board.
  • Options
    If Huddersfield have money to burn, why didn’t they burn it last year in an attempt to stay in the championship
  • Options
    Whether it is sensible to sell May for £1M+ depends on if anyone/who is bought as a replacement(s).
  • Options
    The current owners collectively have big money . That’s a fact . How much they are prepared to spend remains to be seen. 

Overall  I’ve been happy with what they have done so far and steadied the ship after all the uncertainty and  personally think if May does leave ( and it’s still a big if ) it will be NJ or AM decision not anything orchestrated by this board.
    Or how little they're prepared to lose.
  • Options
    If Huddersfield have money to burn, why didn’t they burn it last year in an attempt to stay in the championship
    Well partly because they just sold a player for 5m
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Well partly because they just sold a player for 5m
    Didn’t realise that. Will that only cover their losses though?